All Conference

VINTOB COUNTY COACH LEAVING

Post by vcgrad »

What happened???

Ff3233
All Conference

Re: VINTOB COUNTY COACH LEAVING

Post by Ff3233 »

vcgrad wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:37 am What happened???
His daughter graduated. Anyone who thought he was in it for the long haul or for anyone else but himself and his family is just plain dumb

Flexworth
Freshman Team

Post by Flexworth »

Ff3233 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:13 am
His daughter graduated. Anyone who thought he was in it for the long haul or for anyone else but himself and his family is just plain dumb
Wow, thats a pretty negative comment about a coach who put together the best 7 year stretch in any sport in school history. I could care less why he coached, but as a fan I appreciate him coaching and accomplishing what he did with our young girls for the 7 years. The way I look at it, the vc community should feel lucky to of had him and his daughter, the best accomplished athlete to ever go to vc, for that time. I certainly wish him the best.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Flexworth wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:31 am
Ff3233 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:13 am
Wow, thats a pretty negative comment about a coach who put together the best 7 year stretch in any sport in school history. I could care less why he coached, but as a fan I appreciate him coaching and accomplishing what he did with our young girls for the 7 years. The way I look at it, the vc community should feel lucky to of had him and his daughter, the best accomplished athlete to ever go to vc, for that time. I certainly wish him the best.
Lot of coaches do that. Not being negative, just being truthful. He had a great run, congrats to him and his team. But was never going to be there past morgan graduating

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Thought that he may have stayed one more year, but the cupboard certainly isn't bare, at least for a couple of years.

Great run and it would have been crazy to expect him to be there for a really long time, especially with the daughter going on to play at the next level.

Marauders19
Freshman Team

Post by Marauders19 »

Vinton county ... definitely is not bare of talent. That junior class has always been good in biddy ball and they still have a lot of talent. Bentley has a younger daughter a big girl probably 6’2 or bigger. I guarantee that Bentley becomes a boys coach he has twin boys that I hear that are pretty darn good.. I guarantee he jumps on the boys scene soon !! Wherever there is talent is where he will be that’s just simply what AAU coaches do!!!

Flexworth
Freshman Team

Post by Flexworth »

Marauders19 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:50 pm Vinton county ... definitely is not bare of talent. That junior class has always been good in biddy ball and they still have a lot of talent. Bentley has a younger daughter a big girl probably 6’2 or bigger. I guarantee that Bentley becomes a boys coach he has twin boys that I hear that are pretty darn good.. I guarantee he jumps on the boys scene soon !! Wherever there is talent is where he will be that’s just simply what AAU coaches do!!!
He’s going back to Plain City to spend time with his parents. Both have health issues. After a year or two who knows. But Im sure he wouldn’t mind seeing his boys or even coaching his boys at Jonathon Alder.

blackshooky
All Conference

Post by blackshooky »

awful quiet from the vc know it alls

Marauders19
Freshman Team

Post by Marauders19 »

Any news on the new coach at Vinton?? I’m assuming it will be The assistant he has been there a long time with Bentley. Also heard that Bentley is assistant at Logan on boys team? Any info?👍

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Just saw where Brett Jones, a graduate of Vinton County, and an assistant girls coach at Vinton County for the past seven years has been hired as the new head girls basketball coach at Vinton County.

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

Marauders19 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:39 pm Any news on the new coach at Vinton?? I’m assuming it will be The assistant he has been there a long time with Bentley. Also heard that Bentley is assistant at Logan on boys team? Any info?👍
Wait, I thought he stepped down to "spend more time with his family." Are you saying that a coach would use that tried and true reason and then coach somewhere else the very next season? :o

BRING BACK The used car salesman/part time football manager!
MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

Anyone know where "Vintob" County is? Not in SEO is it. Never heard of it before. :lol:

blackshooky
All Conference

Post by blackshooky »

MarauderMadness wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:54 pm Anyone know where "Vintob" County is? Not in SEO is it. Never heard of it before. :lol:
i think its right next to the tomcod on the bering sea

Marauders19
Freshman Team

Post by Marauders19 »

Love it!!! Coach Bentley resigned because his daughter graduated he has his daughters carrying him for some time now.. He will resurface again when it’s his boys time to carry him.. Vinton county time in the sun is over. It’s amazing how all these top coaches leave when the talent leaves....

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

Marauders19 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:12 pm Love it!!! Coach Bentley resigned because his daughter graduated he has his daughters carrying him for some time now.. He will resurface again when it’s his boys time to carry him.. Vinton county time in the sun is over. It’s amazing how all these top coaches leave when the talent leaves....
It just a way of life and school administrators continue to let it happen. They aren’t interested in building a program, only there for their kid. And when their kid is gone they disappear.

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

It's a double edge sword. If the coach, with the best players being their own, is not hired then they will transfer and go elsewhere. So you lose them from the beginning and great seasons will not be had. JMO. If you hire the coach with the best player being their own, then the administration and parents should know its for a short period of time and eventually the parent will hang it up. That's just today's society. Look at college sports, Pro Sports. Not a lot of loyalty shown at any level. Just the Facts.

boy of summer
Freshman Team

Post by boy of summer »

The cupboard is not anywhere close to being bare with four of the top six players from last year returning, including one who was All-Ohio second team and another who has gotten some offers. Maurauders19, his 6'2" or 6'3" youngest daughter, who has a great deal of potential, is also on the Vinton County team indicating that he feels the team will continue to do well. Coach Bentley, whose father is ill, still lives in Vinton County, and his three youngest kids attend school here. Bulldog84, he left the program in great shape and he was and still is interested in building a very solid program. He left the program in the very capable hands of his long-time assistant Brett Jones, who will do a fantastic job and who very few coaches will outwork. The number of participants is high at all levels and Coach Jones will continue to work with the junior high and youth programs to ensure that the program continues to prosper.

Gilligan
Waterboy

Post by Gilligan »

boy of summer wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:22 pm The cupboard is not anywhere close to being bare with four of the top six players from last year returning, including one who was All-Ohio second team and another who has gotten some offers. Maurauders19, his 6'2" or 6'3" youngest daughter, who has a great deal of potential, is also on the Vinton County team indicating that he feels the team will continue to do well. Coach Bentley, whose father is ill, still lives in Vinton County, and his three youngest kids attend school here. Bulldog84, he left the program in great shape and he was and still is interested in building a very solid program. He left the program in the very capable hands of his long-time assistant Brett Jones, who will do a fantastic job and who very few coaches will outwork. The number of participants is high at all levels and Coach Jones will continue to work with the junior high and youth programs to ensure that the program continues to prosper.
Anyone paying attention knows the "youngest" has no where near the talent as the older one. He left before the decline of the program started. No knock on him. It happens all the time in sports. But there's also no need to try and deny it or justify it. It is what it is. Time to move on.

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Gilligan wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:14 am
boy of summer wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:22 pm The cupboard is not anywhere close to being bare with four of the top six players from last year returning, including one who was All-Ohio second team and another who has gotten some offers. Maurauders19, his 6'2" or 6'3" youngest daughter, who has a great deal of potential, is also on the Vinton County team indicating that he feels the team will continue to do well. Coach Bentley, whose father is ill, still lives in Vinton County, and his three youngest kids attend school here. Bulldog84, he left the program in great shape and he was and still is interested in building a very solid program. He left the program in the very capable hands of his long-time assistant Brett Jones, who will do a fantastic job and who very few coaches will outwork. The number of participants is high at all levels and Coach Jones will continue to work with the junior high and youth programs to ensure that the program continues to prosper.
Anyone paying attention knows the "youngest" has no where near the talent as the older one. He left before the decline of the program started. No knock on him. It happens all the time in sports. But there's also no need to try and deny it or justify it. It is what it is. Time to move on.
Thats pretty harsh bro! Remember these are high school girls you are talking about and they have feelings.

Gilligan
Waterboy

Post by Gilligan »

Fletchlives wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:06 pm
Gilligan wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:14 am
Thats pretty harsh bro! Remember these are high school girls you are talking about and they have feelings.
So, now we're bot supposed to compare the talents of the players because we might hurt someones feelings? If you really feel that way I hope to see you telling anyone on here who says a player has talent that they are being "harsh" and shouldn't say such things. After all, saying one player is talented could send the message to other players that they are not as talented. Maybe we should just say all players are at the same level of talent, and only luck decides who plays better. Of course then people might be hurt because they think they have bad luck. Wow! That's all, just wow.

Return to “Girls Basketball”