Girls Basketball (Pike/Ross County)

beaver_5
Waterboy

Girls Basketball (Pike/Ross County)

Post by beaver_5 »

Any news around the area on girls basketball for mainly Pike County or Ross County area, with new young players, or existing players, new coaches at places etc?? I’m anxious to watch my Lady Eastern Eagles now that we brought back one of the best to lace them up and coach’em up Mr Darren King!

eagles73Taylor
SE

Re: Girls Basketball (Pike/Ross County)

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Piketon returns 4 starters Addie Johnson, Kennidy Jenkins, Jazz Lamerson, Natalie Cooper all juniors, and 2 backups who saw a lot of time last season, Savannah McNelly Sr, and Ali Taylor So. Very athletic group. Also, looking forward to seeing how some incoming freshmen and sophomores will develop to give the Streaks depth for the season.

beaver_5
Waterboy

Post by beaver_5 »

Sounds like the Streaks should be in contention to be at the top of the svc with returning 4 starters. Last year something happened with their coach, I hadn’t heard anything about who is coaching them now, any word on who the coach is at Piketon?

Now my Eagles with Coach King back, the Cochenour twins especially Abbie to have a big senior year scoring as usual, along with her sister that does everything a coach wants rebounds, defense & hits big shots when needed, freshman Kylie Weaver is a good talented kid don’t know how much she’ll play though. Anxious to see where we can finish in the SOC 2, with the likes of Burg, West, Webster & Waverly, obviously Waverly lost a good group of seniors the likes of Zoiee Smith, Knight girl, Paige Carter so I wonder where they’ll finish in the league, do they have any talent coming up & who’s there to fill those seniors shoes?

beaver_5
Waterboy

Post by beaver_5 »

Burg lost a couple good seniors I believe but they always rebuild pretty quickly so I can’t see them being down much, I’d say in our division it’ll be West, Burg, Webster or Eastern that is if we can get rolling with Darren pushing the right buttons and the twins rolling & then who knows after that! Crossing my fingers!! 🦅

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

In the SVC, look for Adena to be really good. Had a great year last year won the SVC and bringing a lot back. Paint Valley will be much improved and experienced this year. Huntington has the best player. They have for several years now, doesn't really show. SE will be in complete rebuild, losing a lot from last year. Unioto should be descent.

Return to “Girls Basketball”