Vinton County

OHball03
Waterboy

Vinton County

Post by OHball03 »

I would like to get talking about this team they are a former 2021 state runner up but the sad thing is they lost a couple star players and the head coach… What does everyone else think?

LeftHanded
Freshman Team

Re: Vinton County

Post by LeftHanded »

They should still be solid. Lost 2 very very important players from that state runner up team, but they still bring back 3 starters from that team.
The new head coach is young, but has been in the program for as long as Coach Bentley was there. He has helped build up the program to what it has become.

It will definitely be tough to match last year's performance, as it was the best team performance of any sport in school history. But they should still be pretty solid and should still have high expectations for the season.

Balldontlie99
Waterboy

Post by Balldontlie99 »

New coach won’t be there long….I hear Carper is taking his job after this year

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

Balldontlie99 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:40 pm New coach won’t be there long….I hear Carper is taking his job after this year
New coach will be there for as long as he wants to be. He’s a good coach and has been in the system for a while.

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
Balldontlie99
Waterboy

Post by Balldontlie99 »

Bulldog84 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:59 pm
Balldontlie99 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:40 pm New coach won’t be there long….I hear Carper is taking his job after this year
New coach will be there for as long as he wants to be. He’s a good coach and has been in the system for a while.
We will see but after last night it looked like he is not ready to be a head coach
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Balldontlie99 on Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NYbuckeyes1
Waterboy

Post by NYbuckeyes1 »

We are ready for the Vikings!!!!! The new TVC Champs!! We got the best player in the TVC this year

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

Balldontlie99 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:33 pm
Bulldog84 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:59 pm
We will see but after last night it looked like he is not ready to be a head coach
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It’s one game against a pretty good team!

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

NYbuckeyes1 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:35 pm We are ready for the Vikings!!!!! The new TVC Champs!! We got the best player in the TVC this year
Yeah the Lavy girl is pretty good!

Marauders19
Freshman Team

Post by Marauders19 »

Definitely in trouble.. They have been the show in girls basketball but the time is over. Coach Bentley jumped off the boat before it started to sink..🙋‍♂️🙋‍♂️ The new coach will not make it long there .. The Tvc is wide open with the Marauders in the mix because we have the best player in the league.. sometimes hiring coaches from within the program is not always the answer just ask the Marauder fan base..🙅🏼‍♂️

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

They will be solid--

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Marauders19 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:59 pm Definitely in trouble.. They have been the show in girls basketball but the time is over. Coach Bentley jumped off the boat before it started to sink..🙋‍♂️🙋‍♂️ The new coach will not make it long there .. The Tvc is wide open with the Marauders in the mix because we have the best player in the league.. sometimes hiring coaches from within the program is not always the answer just ask the Marauder fan base..🙅🏼‍♂️
Keeep dreaming Alice you still in wonderland.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Fletchlives wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:12 pm
Marauders19 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:59 pm Definitely in trouble.. They have been the show in girls basketball but the time is over. Coach Bentley jumped off the boat before it started to sink..🙋‍♂️🙋‍♂️ The new coach will not make it long there .. The Tvc is wide open with the Marauders in the mix because we have the best player in the league.. sometimes hiring coaches from within the program is not always the answer just ask the Marauder fan base..🙅🏼‍♂️
One player doesn't make a team.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

noreply66 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:50 pm
BTW Bentley didnt "jump of the ship" Both his parents are not doing well so he took time to be with them. And the Marauders wont be in the mix... They will get outcoached in every game except Wellston who doesnt have any talent

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Marlene Stollings disagrees

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:47 pm

When Marline went up against a good defender that was always in front of her, she had some trouble. Her shooting form was made for an open shot. This was pointed out in the playoffs and followed her at OSU. Saw her a few times myself and thought she was one of the best.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

noreply66 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:24 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:47 pm

When Marline went up against a good defender that was always in front of her, she had some trouble. Her shooting form was made for an open shot. This was pointed out in the playoffs and followed her at OSU. Saw her a few times myself and thought she was one of the best.
Yeah, Ohio State wasn’t as smooth as the small school SOC but it was a 1 woman show for sure. Some of those teams I think she could’ve defeated herself. My memory is probably off but I think they came to Jackson (we weren’t very good that year( and they beat us 61-60 or 62-61, Stollings had 59 lol

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

One player can absolutely take a team that is descent and make them good. Or a 10 win team to a 15 win team. My point is one player can have a huge impact in terms of wins and losses. The team culture and chemistry however does go beyond just one player.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

VC I believe lost 2 starters that graduated that went on to play in college. One was the all time leading scorer. That is huge production and you don't just have another all time leading scorer waiting to jump in, I don't care what school your at. They have alot of girls back with experience but just not able to replace what left. They will be good, maybe very good, just not great or not last years team.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Speaking of VC, any comments on their game last night? Anybody?

Marauders19
Freshman Team

Post by Marauders19 »

The best thing about tonight’s game was getting vinton county out of our gym . Without a doubt the most loud completely out of control fans I have ever seen. They cried on every call to the point that I felt like refs were listening. I almost felt like they intimidated the refs into calls .. next game will definitely be different

Return to “Girls Basketball”