Vinton County

RainbowThre3
Waterboy

Re: Vinton County

Post by RainbowThre3 »

Balldontlie99 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:52 am Not a big fan of this coach.. He is not ready to be a head coach Last nights win had nothing to do with him at all You could have let those girls go out and play against them with no coach and still won Alexander is not that good this year and the senior class at VC has been playing against this Alexander team for years Don’t give all the credit to the coach give some to the girls
I’d bet there’s a lot of prep work in practices and strategies that go into the game that isn’t seen. But also, I don’t believe you were watching the game if that’s the conclusion you came to.

boy of summer
Freshman Team

Post by boy of summer »

The VC Girls played very well last night against a well coached and talented Alexander team. They have played a tough schedule so far and the pieces appear to be coming together replacing their two leading scorers from last year plus down two starters from this year due to injuries. The girls play hard and are very good kids. Coach Jones works very hard and no one will out scout him. He will be at Vinton County for a long, long time.

mike broms
Waterboy

Post by mike broms »

I have seen the Lady Vikes play several times this year-they are improving!

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

boy of summer wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:02 pm The VC Girls played very well last night against a well coached and talented Alexander team. They have played a tough schedule so far and the pieces appear to be coming together replacing their two leading scorers from last year plus down two starters from this year due to injuries. The girls play hard and are very good kids. Coach Jones works very hard and no one will out scout him. He will be at Vinton County for a long, long time.
Does Coach Jones teach at VC?

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
bballislife00
Waterboy

Post by bballislife00 »

This is my first time being on this website this year
As far as what I am reading it is a mixup between if VC Will be as good as last year better or worse. If anyone is saying that they are going to better than last year’s team than you are absolutely crazy. That team was a once in a lifetime team and nobody will ever see a team as good as that one again go through VC. They also had a coach that not many people had liked but he definitely got the job done. He was a hard worker and I did see that he loved his girls. Still a mixup between why he left?? If someone could tell me the real reason to why he left that would be great. I have heard many different stories. The new Coach definitely has a lot of learning to do in getting some experience but everyone has to start somewhere. He also was lucky enough to coach alongside Bently and he also helped coach the girls in the state championship game. Not saying that that will take him everywhere but he definitely got some experience and I am sure that him and Bently talk before many games. Also you have to remember a lot of these teams still have the same players from last year so many times you can use the same game plan as last year and just fit in a couple different pieces to the puzzle.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Yes he teaches at the middle school--life long Vikng.

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

bballislife00 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:14 pm This is my first time being on this website this year
As far as what I am reading it is a mixup between if VC Will be as good as last year better or worse. If anyone is saying that they are going to better than last year’s team than you are absolutely crazy. That team was a once in a lifetime team and nobody will ever see a team as good as that one again go through VC. They also had a coach that not many people had liked but he definitely got the job done. He was a hard worker and I did see that he loved his girls. Still a mixup between why he left?? If someone could tell me the real reason to why he left that would be great. I have heard many different stories. The new Coach definitely has a lot of learning to do in getting some experience but everyone has to start somewhere. He also was lucky enough to coach alongside Bently and he also helped coach the girls in the state championship game. Not saying that that will take him everywhere but he definitely got some experience and I am sure that him and Bently talk before many games. Also you have to remember a lot of these teams still have the same players from last year so many times you can use the same game plan as last year and just fit in a couple different pieces to the puzzle.
What does it matter why he left? It's his life and he can do as he wishes.

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

Fletchlives wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:29 pm
bballislife00 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:14 pm This is my first time being on this website this year
Correct, however we would’ve seen just how good of a coach he is with this group and he didn’t want that.

NYbuckeyes1
Waterboy

Post by NYbuckeyes1 »

Bulldog84 wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:13 am
Fletchlives wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:29 pm
Correct, however we would’ve seen just how good of a coach he is with this group and he didn’t want that.
Mr Bennett you must really dislike VC old coach :lol: :lol:

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Isn’t his daughter playing college basketball now?

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

Super trooper wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:52 am Isn’t his daughter playing college basketball now?
I don’t believe she is!

RainbowThre3
Waterboy

Post by RainbowThre3 »

Great team win over a quality program in Lynchburg Clay. I like how this team has been progressing. Been some pumps but they are starting to find themselves!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

RainbowThre3 wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:53 pm Great team win over a quality program in Lynchburg Clay. I like how this team has been progressing. Been some pumps but they are starting to find themselves!
Lynchburg Burg Clay isn’t what they were 4 or so years ago. They are a solid D3 team with some good players. Not sure they’ll win a sectional.

VC did what they should’ve too then IMO. Good work.

Coach Jones no doubt putting in the effort and work

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Does VC play any Ross County schools this year?
Unioto is strong, Chillicothe is coming along, SVC has other schools that could compete this year.
Coach Bentley did a great job, don't judge the new VC coach until next year and beyond.

Return to “Girls Basketball”