Vinton County

Fletchlives
JV Team

Re: Vinton County

Post by Fletchlives »

Marauders19 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:34 pm The best thing about tonight’s game was getting vinton county out of our gym . Without a doubt the most loud completely out of control fans I have ever seen. They cried on every call to the point that I felt like refs were listening. I almost felt like they intimidated the refs into calls .. next game will definitely be different
Sooooo the visiting team's fans are the reason you lost this time? lol

rocketsw21
Waterboy

Post by rocketsw21 »

I’m calling it now, wellston will come out with a win this Thursday. With 2 loses already this season, Vinton County is not the dominant team in the TVC. The starters are not a solid 5 like last year. The coach and team are not together as one.

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Marauders19 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:34 pm The best thing about tonight’s game was getting vinton county out of our gym . Without a doubt the most loud completely out of control fans I have ever seen. They cried on every call to the point that I felt like refs were listening. I almost felt like they intimidated the refs into calls .. next game will definitely be different
Lots of Marauders fans cry all the time.

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Fletchlives wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:20 am
Meigs needs a coach. He a nice guy. But he cannot coach.

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

itsme wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:04 am
But he's related to a board member, so that automatically qualifies him as a coach. :o

Meigs over the past several years hasn't been much for hiring people who can actually coach. They like ex-pro athletes, smooth talkers, and board member relatives. "Who cares if we win any games, we got us a cool coach." :o

BRING BACK The used car salesman/part time football manager!
Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

The Ultimate Lancer wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:58 pm

But he's related to a board member, so that automatically qualifies him as a coach. :o

Meigs over the past several years hasn't been much for hiring people who can actually coach. They like ex-pro athletes, smooth talkers, and board member relatives. "Who cares if we win any games, we got us a cool coach." :o
They had a good one about 5-6 years ago but he had it out with Bartrum and the middle school principal didn't like him where he taught. So he resigned and got out that place!

Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

Fletchlives wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:31 pm
The Ultimate Lancer wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:58 pm

They had a good one about 5-6 years ago but he had it out with Bartrum and the middle school principal didn't like him where he taught. So he resigned and got out that place!
Well he committed the unforgivable mortal sin if he went against Bartrum. Didn't he realize that "NFL" was all knowing in everything?

Celebrating wins over the most hated.
Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Yes! And one of the main reasons he left...the district is still in it's downward spiral from his years as telling the former superintendent what to do.

NYbuckeyes1
Waterboy

Post by NYbuckeyes1 »

A big reason we beat the Vikings is bc they rush the 3 ball… they have no patience when it comes to offense and that coach has no control over the girls… Hurd absolutely killed them on everything possible..Inside..outside.. She definitely showed that she is a D1 player.. She shows intensity on and off the floor. As for Vikings they don’t seem like they have any leaders they have girls rushing down the floor to throw up threes.. :lol: :lol:

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

NYbuckeyes1 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:33 am A big reason we beat the Vikings is bc they rush the 3 ball… they have no patience when it comes to offense and that coach has no control over the girls… Hurd absolutely killed them on everything possible..Inside..outside.. She definitely showed that she is a D1 player.. She shows intensity on and off the floor. As for Vikings they don’t seem like they have any leaders they have girls rushing down the floor to throw up threes.. :lol: :lol:
It's been the same thing the past 3 years. They just made more of those 3's the past couple years. It's AAU basketball is what it is. When you have better players you win, and when the talent is more equal you lose. That's why the last coach left. He knew he couldn't win with that given the players he had coming back.

Marauders19
Freshman Team

Post by Marauders19 »

I had the opportunity to watch them this week. They are definitely not as good as last year. The coach has no control of the team the players were literally talking to there out of control parents all night . They definitely are not a elite team and that’s why there former coach didn’t come back his ego is to big to be average. Alaxander and Nelsonville then every one else is really close in the league this year.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Marauders19 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:45 pm I had the opportunity to watch them this week. They are definitely not as good as last year. The coach has no control of the team the players were literally talking to there out of control parents all night . They definitely are not a elite team and that’s why there former coach didn’t come back his ego is to big to be average. Alaxander and Nelsonville then every one else is really close in the league this year.
What is so bad about the parents?
I mean, if the other teams parents beat you by yelling at refs, that is pretty impressive.

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

I guess Athens fans made you lose too lol

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Marauders19 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:45 pm I had the opportunity to watch them this week. They are definitely not as good as last year. The coach has no control of the team the players were literally talking to there out of control parents all night . They definitely are not a elite team and that’s why there former coach didn’t come back his ego is to big to be average. Alaxander and Nelsonville then every one else is really close in the league this year.
You should really stop commenting. Your lack of knowledge brings a back look to the marauders

LeftHanded
Freshman Team

Post by LeftHanded »

VC and that coach that “won’t be there very long” seemed to be in control tonight after that 16 point win over Alexander (or Alaxander as you like to call them)

Coach_Cain
Waterboy

Post by Coach_Cain »

VC started the game down a senior starter and then lost a 2nd starter right before the half and still finished strong.

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

LeftHanded wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:24 pm
VC and that coach that “won’t be there very long” seemed to be in control tonight after that 16 point win over Alexander (or Alaxander as you like to call them)
And Marauders haven't beaten a team with a winning record

Balldontlie99
Waterboy

Post by Balldontlie99 »

Not a big fan of this coach.. He is not ready to be a head coach Last nights win had nothing to do with him at all You could have let those girls go out and play against them with no coach and still won Alexander is not that good this year and the senior class at VC has been playing against this Alexander team for years Don’t give all the credit to the coach give some to the girls

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Go Vikes-----Still in it.

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

Balldontlie99 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:52 am Not a big fan of this coach.. He is not ready to be a head coach Last nights win had nothing to do with him at all You could have let those girls go out and play against them with no coach and still won Alexander is not that good this year and the senior class at VC has been playing against this Alexander team for years Don’t give all the credit to the coach give some to the girls
He’s a good coach but he has good players as well!

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!

Return to “Girls Basketball”