Can the Trimble Lady Cats win it all?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Re: Can the Trimble Lady Cats win it all?

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

If you’ve been coaching that long, you have to have a state title to be great.

Anyways, goodbye to the lady tomcats in this tournament
Sincerely, South Webster (again) 😘

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye2021 »

#Girlsrule wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:15 pm
Chaw wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:22 pm
#Girlsrule wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:16 pm

Thanks, Beckster82 for the clarification. I really do try to understand people without jumping to conclusions. I think Shelly is an excellent coach and it really irks me if I think someone is making underhanded attacks at her, though I know with 100% certainty she can handle herself. 😂 And I agree Howie and Waterford’s coach are two of the best. ✌️
Soooo...how many final fours, state runner up, and state championships does Howie have??????...I mean to be considered the best..he has to have several...
shouldn't be a hard question to answer
I don’t think state championship trophies determine the greatness of a coach.
I would agree a state championship does not determine a great coach alone but jerry has 4 other trips to the final four that builds a pretty good coach. Last year nobody expected much of the lady cats let alone a final four . What many on here don’t know is Jerry’s best teams IMO never made it to state they met afracentic in the regionals prolly should have had 2 more runner ups

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Buckeye2021 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:02 pm
Chaw wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:22 pm

Soooo...how many final fours, state runner up, and state championships does Howie have??????...I mean to be considered the best..he has to have several...
shouldn't be a hard question to answer
I would agree a state championship does not determine a great coach alone but jerry has 4 other trips to the final four that builds a pretty good coach. Last year nobody expected much of the lady cats let alone a final four . What many on here don’t know is Jerry’s best teams IMO never made it to state they met afracentic in the regionals prolly should have had 2 more runner ups
Jerry is a great coach, his kids play great defense, they play with composure, composure that mirrors his calmness. They are fundamental and play with their feet not their hands or bodies.

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:18 pm

Jerry is a great coach, his kids play great defense, they play with composure, composure that mirrors his calmness. They are fundamental and play with their feet not their hands or bodies.
And don't run their mouths and get technical fouls that hurt the team. :o

BRING BACK The used car salesman/part time football manager!
Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

The Ultimate Lancer wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:11 am
I bet they do when get cheated by the refs. :shock:

Almost Champions
Freshman Team

Post by Almost Champions »

Chaw wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:39 pm Waterford's Coach Jerry Close:

17 yrs as head coach
Never had a losing season
14 TVC championships (not including this year I believe)
328 - 42 record (that is pretty close if im wrong then pardon me)
numerous regional finalists
6 final four appearances
2 state runner up
1 state championship

I don't think Howie is in Jerry's league...He's one of the best in the state not just SEO
Howdy did get to sit on the bench and smell Carl's farts when Carl almost won the whole danged state back in 80 and 82. Breathing all that in while watching Carl coach some of it had to wear off on him. That was back when Racine ruled the SVAC.

1980-82.....the glory days of Southern basketball. We almost did it!
Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

Almost Champions wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:31 pm

17 yrs as head coach
6 final four appearances
2 state runner up
1 state championship

I don't think Howie is in Jerry's league...He's one of the best in the state not just SEO
Howdy did get to sit on the bench and smell Carl's farts when Carl almost won the whole danged state back in 80 and 82. Breathing all that in while watching Carl coach some of it had to wear off on him. That was back when Racine ruled the SVAC.
Yes because "smelling farts" 40 years ago makes a person a better coach today. :lol:

Celebrating wins over the most hated.
PurplePower
Freshman Team

Post by PurplePower »

17 yrs as head coach
6 final four appearances
2 state runner up
1 state championship

Cosin H and the boys would really get a kick out of Carl ripping one right on front of Howdie. It was brutal.

BEWARE OF THE STOMP AND STARE!
Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

PurplePower wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:42 pm

17 yrs as head coach
6 final four appearances
2 state runner up
1 state championship

Cosin H and the boys would really get a kick out of Carl ripping one right on front of Howdie. It was brutal.
WOW! :lol:

Cousin H
Waterboy

Post by Cousin H »

I can confirm. I dont know if it was nerves or that pregame meal of corn and tomatoes but Ole Coach Carl could really pollute the sidelines.

Cousin H
Waterboy

Post by Cousin H »

And poor old coach Howie would be right in his line of fire. You have to wonder what impact that would have.

Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

Cousin H wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:51 pm And poor old coach Howie would be right in his line of fire. You have to wonder what impact that would have.
According to some Thimble people it has made Howdee the coach he is today. :lol:

Celebrating wins over the most hated.
soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

Can. Is a tricky word. Of course anybody can. There is always a percentage of can until you are eliminated. But, are we being realistic? They had better worry about Webster or they won't need to worry about it any longer. For arguments sake, let's say they beat Webster and then get through to Rosecrans or Monroe. Let's even go beyond and say they beat Rosecrans or Monroe. I am guessing they would get Newark Catholic in a regional final. We are not even to the state yet! It is a gauntlet. Not to mention that Tri Village and Fort Loramie look unbeatable at the moment. So, my answer to this question, looking at it reasonably...is NO! Just common sense says you have to take the field vs. any one team. Safe travels to the venues you choose to go to. Be safe y'all.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

They did a great job tonight. Tremendous adjustments from the first matchup. Great adjustment in the game plan and the kids executed well.

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Thought this was girls thread not about two clowns talking about farts. geez

Stan Smith
Freshman Team

Post by Stan Smith »

soggybottomtopper wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:14 pm Can. Is a tricky word. Of course anybody can. There is always a percentage of can until you are eliminated. But, are we being realistic? They had better worry about Webster or they won't need to worry about it any longer. For arguments sake, let's say they beat Webster and then get through to Rosecrans or Monroe. Let's even go beyond and say they beat Rosecrans or Monroe. I am guessing they would get Newark Catholic in a regional final. We are not even to the state yet! It is a gauntlet. Not to mention that Tri Village and Fort Loramie look unbeatable at the moment. So, my answer to this question, looking at it reasonably...is NO! Just common sense says you have to take the field vs. any one team. Safe travels to the venues you choose to go to. Be safe y'all.
Berne union knocked off NC

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Hopefully Trimble and Waterford can both win

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

Stan Smith wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:25 am
soggybottomtopper wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:14 pm Can. Is a tricky word. Of course anybody can. There is always a percentage of can until you are eliminated. But, are we being realistic? They had better worry about Webster or they won't need to worry about it any longer. For arguments sake, let's say they beat Webster and then get through to Rosecrans or Monroe. Let's even go beyond and say they beat Rosecrans or Monroe. I am guessing they would get Newark Catholic in a regional final. We are not even to the state yet! It is a gauntlet. Not to mention that Tri Village and Fort Loramie look unbeatable at the moment. So, my answer to this question, looking at it reasonably...is NO! Just common sense says you have to take the field vs. any one team. Safe travels to the venues you choose to go to. Be safe y'all.
Berne union knocked off NC
I saw this. Don't you just love tourney hoops? There are no guarantees!

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:45 pm

They did a great job tonight. Tremendous adjustments from the first matchup. Great adjustment in the game plan and the kids executed well.
I tried to tell you people once Howie started helping it would be different. Plus these ladies have gotten little respect and have been mocked since Waterford beat them, so they have a chip on their shoulders. I would not want to have to play them now. Glad I'm on their side.

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

After beating the brakes off of SW when it mattered the Lady Cats are ready to roll to the final four. Go Lady Cats.

Return to “Girls Basketball”