Can the Trimble Lady Cats win it all?

#Girlsrule
Riding the Bench

Re: Can the Trimble Lady Cats win it all?

Post by #Girlsrule »

Gray Cat wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:51 am
Calvin wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:06 am
Beckster82 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:47 pm

Well Calvin it was a close game and in the end a win is a Win no matter what the score is. FH was everything I imagined they would be. The transfer student is a solid player along with the rest of the Team. Tuesday will be another packed house at the Bill White Gymnasium. Go cats....
Dang it ole BOB didn't post on here about Thimble's loss to VC so I had to find out from a different source. Anyone know how many points BOB's daughter scored? Seems like the two main Thimble supporters have disappeared recently. Do the losses piling up have anything to do with it? Gray Cat and BOB seem to be MIA. :o
Not in hiding. The coach needs to get his shiit together or this might be his swan song. Should be undefeated this year plain and simple. If Howie was coaching the girls it would be a different story. Just like in volleyball. We have the talent. Just need a better plan.
Can you clarify what you mean here? Are you saying it’s the vball coach’s fault you all didn’t make it farther or that she did a better job than the basketball coach. I’m confused.

Beckster82
Riding the Bench

Post by Beckster82 »

Beckster82 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:47 pm

Well Calvin it was a close game and in the end a win is a Win no matter what the score is. FH was everything I imagined they would be. The transfer student is a solid player along with the rest of the Team. Tuesday will be another packed house at the Bill White Gymnasium. Go cats....
Dang it ole BOB didn't post on here about Thimble's loss to VC so I had to find out from a different source. Anyone know how many points BOB's daughter scored? Seems like the two main Thimble supporters have disappeared recently. Do the losses piling up have anything to do with it? Gray Cat and BOB seem to be MIA. :o
Not in hiding. The coach needs to get his shiit together or this might be his swan song. Should be undefeated this year plain and simple. If Howie was coaching the girls it would be a different story. Just like in volleyball. We have the talent. Just need a better plan.
I totally agree with you on this. I sure hope they can pull a win out tonight with South Gallia. Lets Go Cats !!

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

#Girlsrule wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:47 pm

Can you clarify what you mean here? Are you saying it’s the vball coach’s fault you all didn’t make it farther or that she did a better job than the basketball coach. I’m confused.
You seem confused a lot. Basketball season isn't over yet, so no comparison can be made. Hope that helps with your confusion.

Beckster82
Riding the Bench

Post by Beckster82 »

Congrats to the Trimble Basketball ladies clinching a share of the TVC Hocking Title.

#Girlsrule
Riding the Bench

Post by #Girlsrule »

Gray Cat wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:22 am
#Girlsrule wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:47 pm

You seem confused a lot. Basketball season isn't over yet, so no comparison can be made. Hope that helps with your confusion.
Or maybe it’s that you aren’t very good at clearly articulating yourself. Re-read your post? Should be undefeated? If Howie was coaching it’d be different? Like in volleyball?
You weren’t undefeated in volleyball. You lost to SW. According to some, you underperformed b/c you didn’t make it to state even though you won the TVC and made it to the Sweet 16 (quite an accomplishment). I wasn’t sure if you were complimenting the volleyball team and Coach Lackey or blaming her for underperforming. You clearly are blaming your bball coach and I was seeing if there was a pattern emerging.

Beckster82
Riding the Bench

Post by Beckster82 »

Shelly is a great Volleyball coach. Did the volleyball team play there best in the tournament NO.. They got beat by a very good SW team. Do we think we get out coached in Girls Basketball YES! Example Waterford has a very good coach and has been to states several times but again do we think the girls play there best at times NO.

Its hard to compare anyone to Howie he is in a league of his own. He is one of the best coaches in SEO....

#Girlsrule
Riding the Bench

Post by #Girlsrule »

Beckster82 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:38 pm Shelly is a great Volleyball coach. Did the volleyball team play there best in the tournament NO.. They got beat by a very good SW team. Do we think we get out coached in Girls Basketball YES! Example Waterford has a very good coach and has been to states several times but again do we think the girls play there best at times NO.

Its hard to compare anyone to Howie he is in a league of his own. He is one of the best coaches in SEO....
Thanks, Beckster82 for the clarification. I really do try to understand people without jumping to conclusions. I think Shelly is an excellent coach and it really irks me if I think someone is making underhanded attacks at her, though I know with 100% certainty she can handle herself. 😂 And I agree Howie and Waterford’s coach are two of the best. ✌️

JoeyB10
Waterboy

Post by JoeyB10 »

What happened last night, I didn't think the almighty coach Caldwell would loss a game with the boys since you think he'd be undefeated as the girls coach. In any sport at any level, teams have off nights. Many variables not just coaching. Coach Faires, Caldwell, Lackey and the girls basketball coach are all doing superior jobs.
They are one year supplemental jobs, so you can go to the school put you name in the hat for that great $3000 check for fundraising, summer camps, open gyms, Finger prints, pupil activity cert, fundamental of coaching, first aid, cpr, concussion, cardiac arrest, team meals, equipment and uniform inventory and ordering. A lot more than just the practice and games.
I hope both the boys and girls team make a run at it in tournaments!

Chaw
Freshman Team

Post by Chaw »

#Girlsrule wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:16 pm
Beckster82 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:38 pm Shelly is a great Volleyball coach. Did the volleyball team play there best in the tournament NO.. They got beat by a very good SW team. Do we think we get out coached in Girls Basketball YES! Example Waterford has a very good coach and has been to states several times but again do we think the girls play there best at times NO.

Thanks, Beckster82 for the clarification. I really do try to understand people without jumping to conclusions. I think Shelly is an excellent coach and it really irks me if I think someone is making underhanded attacks at her, though I know with 100% certainty she can handle herself. 😂 And I agree Howie and Waterford’s coach are two of the best. ✌️
Soooo...how many final fours, state runner up, and state championships does Howie have??????...I mean to be considered the best..he has to have several...
shouldn't be a hard question to answer

Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

Chaw wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:22 pm

Soooo...how many final fours, state runner up, and state championships does Howie have??????...I mean to be considered the best..he has to have several...
One final four in boys basketball as HC over twenty years ago, in which he got beaten soundly in the semis. He's never coached girls basketball, so none in that category.

Celebrating wins over the most hated.
Chaw
Freshman Team

Post by Chaw »

Waterford's Coach Jerry Close:

17 yrs as head coach
Never had a losing season
14 TVC championships (not including this year I believe)
328 - 42 record (that is pretty close if im wrong then pardon me)
numerous regional finalists
6 final four appearances
2 state runner up
1 state championship

I don't think Howie is in Jerry's league...He's one of the best in the state not just SEO

Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

Chaw wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:39 pm Waterford's Coach Jerry Close:

17 yrs as head coach
6 final four appearances
2 state runner up
1 state championship

I don't think Howie is in Jerry's league...He's one of the best in the state not just SEO
Agreed. But to those Thimble people they are and have the best of everything and if not it's because they got "cheated" or someone "got lucky."

Celebrating wins over the most hated.
DUNK1
Freshman Team

Post by DUNK1 »

17 yrs as head coach
6 final four appearances
2 state runner up
1 state championship

Howie would coach the pants off that there Close fella. Sorry but that's just a fact. He's got coaching in his blood and all those schools that call him and want him as there coach shows who the best it.

Chaw
Freshman Team

Post by Chaw »

DUNK1 wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:12 am

17 yrs as head coach
6 final four appearances
2 state runner up
1 state championship

Howie would coach the pants off that there Close fella. Sorry but that's just a fact. He's got coaching in his blood and all those schools that call him and want him as there coach shows who the best it.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And you base this assumption on what??...do you seriously think that hasn't happened to Close?...He turns down very good offers all the time...your ignorance to the facts and loyalty to your team has blinded your reality...just like thinking Trimble should automatically make the final four...because you returned all your starters...You gotta beat the Top Ladies to become the Top Ladies....and that isn't in any way automatic....sry but the real top Lady Cats are from Waterford...but it's ok to dream

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Chaw wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:55 am

17 yrs as head coach
6 final four appearances
2 state runner up
1 state championship

And you base this assumption on what??...do you seriously think that hasn't happened to Close?...He turns down very good offers all the time...your ignorance to the facts and loyalty to your team has blinded your reality...just like thinking Trimble should automatically make the final four...because you returned all your starters...You gotta beat the Top Ladies to become the Top Ladies....and that isn't in any way automatic....sry but the real top Lady Cats are from Waterford...but it's ok to dream
You're just lucky Waterford isn't in our bracket. Howie has been giving advice and helping our girls coach prepare for the tourney and he will have a winning game plan ready if Waterford does make it far enough to face us again.

Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye2021 »

Gray Cat wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:17 pm

You're just lucky Waterford isn't in our bracket. Howie has been giving advice and helping our girls coach prepare for the tourney and he will have a winning game plan ready if Waterford does make it far enough to face us again.
Your lucky the seeding was when it was if it were now Trimble would be a 4th seed at best

Chaw
Freshman Team

Post by Chaw »

Gray Cat wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:17 pm

Ohhh..Waterford is soooo scared....guess we better just call it a season now if Howies giving you advice...btw Waterford's train is still longer than the Glouster train....lmfao... :lol: :lol: :lol: see you in the regional if you can make it....

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

17 yrs as head coach
6 final four appearances
2 state runner up
1 state championship

That Coach Clothes fella only won all those games with he help of Farmer Yoder. Hard not to win more than you lose when yau never lose at home.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

17 yrs as head coach
6 final four appearances
2 state runner up
1 state championship

Go over to the other thread and Jerry only wins because officials cheat. 🤦🏼‍♂️

#Girlsrule
Riding the Bench

Post by #Girlsrule »

Chaw wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:22 pm

I don’t think state championship trophies determine the greatness of a coach.

Return to “Girls Basketball”