How good is the SVC this year?

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Re: How good is the SVC this year?

Post by soggybottomtopper »

Tourney action for the SVC Monday night as the Lady Huntsmen travel to The Village...HUNTINGTON/ADENA III...Who survives?
UNIOTO hosts Hillsboro on the DII side of things. Will be interested to see which Lady Shermans team shows up. Good luck ladies. Compete 'til the end in the one and done!

Paint Valley hosts New Boston in non league action. PV final regular season tilt.

60ft
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft »

I have watched plenty of basketball around the area and talked to several coaches. I don’t think the SVC is as good as other conferences. I think the conference is young compared to other conferences. They have 3 teams out already with blowout losses and one is getting ready to go out tomorrow night in the game between Huntington vs Adena. Unioto doesn’t have the firepower to get past the second round. They will be in a dog fight tomorrow night vs Hillsboro. Adena will beat Huntington tomorrow night. I see them getting to the district championship. Paint Valley has 5 seniors starting but no depth. If they can stay out foul trouble they can make it to the district also.

PVBearcat2012
Freshman Team

Post by PVBearcat2012 »

60ft wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:13 pm I have watched plenty of basketball around the area and talked to several coaches. I don’t think the SVC is as good as other conferences. I think the conference is young compared to other conferences. They have 3 teams out already with blowout losses and one is getting ready to go out tomorrow night in the game between Huntington vs Adena. Unioto doesn’t have the firepower to get past the second round. They will be in a dog fight tomorrow night vs Hillsboro. Adena will beat Huntington tomorrow night. I see them getting to the district championship. Paint Valley has 5 seniors starting but no depth. If they can stay out foul trouble they can make it to the district also.
The Bearcats actually start 3 seniors and 2 juniors. Can definitely see them making a long run.

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

I really hate that Huntington has to play Adena tonight. I believe both would have advanced on to district play and then it is about matchups. But, I know that nobody wants to play the Lady Huntsmen and Bayse right now. Good luck tonight ladies.

I am hoping that the Unioto team that defends and pressures well, shows up against Hillsboro and advances to the final. In a one game situation, I think Coach Miller can pull them through. Good luck to the Lady Shermans.

I like the way Paint Valley can defend and rebound the basketball, which always gives you a chance. That group can make a run if their shots are falling. Good luck to the Lady Bearcats.

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

At the half: ADENA 18 Huntington 12

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

At the half: UNIOTO 23 Hillsboro 14

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

After 3: ADENA 34 Huntington 23 & UNIOTO 40 Hillsboro 23

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

FINAL SCORES: ADENA 47 Huntington 36 Adena puts on a defensive clinic. Hats off to the Lady Warriors.
UNIOTO 54 Hillsboro 39 Congrats to the Lady Shermans

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

soggybottomtopper wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:29 pm FINAL SCORES: ADENA 47 Huntington 36 Adena puts on a defensive clinic. Hats off to the Lady Warriors.
UNIOTO 54 Hillsboro 39 Congrats to the Lady Shermans
Great game by Adena. They wore Bayse out. Adena the better team tonight and better team overall. Great season Lady Huntsmen, and best of luck to Allison Bayse in her future!

Return to “Girls Basketball”