How good is the SVC this year?

60ft
Freshman Team

How good is the SVC this year?

Post by 60ft »

I see three teams are undefeated in the SVC.

Titletown TVC
JV Team

Re: How good is the SVC this year?

Post by Titletown TVC »

60ft wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:09 pm I see three teams are undefeated in the SVC.
Trimble would beat the brakes off of any team in the SVC. They're probably going to win the state.

The road to the TVC crown runs through Reedsville!
MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Titletown TVC wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:34 pm
60ft wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:09 pm I see three teams are undefeated in the SVC.
Trimble would beat the brakes off of any team in the SVC. They're probably going to win the state.
Trimble is a very good team, I give them credit. But the SVC has two teams, I guarantee Trimble wouldn't "beat the brakes off", Unioto and Paint Valley. Trimble has 4 or 5 players that have been starting 4 years, this is their year no doubt. Best of luck, enjoy it.
But SVC has teams that could match up, regardless of size of school, division, etc.etc.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Overall so far this year, I would day SVC is descent.
PV and Unioto have shocked me how well they are playing early in the season. SE is scrappy and will play hard. Adena will get better, they are still shaking the volleyball off those players. Piketon, Huntington, Westfall, and Zane Trace are about as expected. Thus far.

60ft
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft »

I really doubt Trimble will when the state. They will have a hard time winning there own conference. I could see Trimble winning District but that’s where it stops. Adena, Paint Valley and Unioto has everything. Speed, height and depth. Trimble might play Paint Valley in the district. So we will see. Good luck to all the teams. I don’t have a dog In the fight. I just love seeing girls sports blooming

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I thought Westfall would be better, but the rest of the league is around where I thought they would be

Adena hosts PV and Unioto this week, so they’ll need to get right in a hurry.

Linepitcher70
Waterboy

Post by Linepitcher70 »

37-27 Adena over PV. Defense wins the day.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

It is fine, probably better than it has been over the past couple of years. The league is 22-14 out of conference, which is considerably better than it has been.

Adena beating Eastern Brown is certainly a marquee win for the league.

Adena, PV and Unioto all sporting one loss at this point in the season is good. Huntington is playing better, it helps to have gotten away from their murderer’s row to start the year.

Seeing the Piketon girls tear it up for Waverly is tough, because if that group stayed together, I think they would be near or at the top of the league

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

Being really honest here, it angers me that Adena and Huntington may have to play each other in the sectional final. I would love to see that league teams at least get a chance at a sectional title, without having to eliminate another league team. I guess it is what it is though.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

soggybottomtopper wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:01 pm Being really honest here, it angers me that Adena and Huntington may have to play each other in the sectional final. I would love to see that league teams at least get a chance at a sectional title, without having to eliminate another league team. I guess it is what it is though.
I agree. It would probably make a great game, but would love to see SVC compete with outsiders come tourney time.
I think both Adena and Huntington have sectional champ caliber teams this year.

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Assessing the tournament draws. In DII, it is always a brawl for Unioto, this year is no different, but I give them a punchers chance to get out of the sectional. Will probably have to beat Warren. We can hope. In DIII, I like Huntington and Adena moving out to play each other for a 3rd time. Then it is one game for a sectional title, but that district will be tough. In DIV, I like Paint Valley's chances to win a sectional title and give them a punchers chance in a tough district. Paint Valley is tested coming out of a strong upper half of the SVC. Best of luck to all of the girls!

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Big one tonight in Frankfort. Huntington travels to Adena. Adena with the chance to win the SVC outright. Bayse and Garrison head to head in the POY matchup. Plus, the potential of these two teams meeting again next week to play for a sectional title. A lot of moving pieces. Should be a dandy. Good luck ladies!

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Had the fortune to make it up to Frankfort and see a great girls high school basketball game. Great atmosphere and as most have probably heard, came down to the final shot of the game just beating the buzzer. Congrats to the Lady Huntsmen on a strong conference finish. 11 - 3 final league tally, but I think Adena finishes off Southeastern to go 12 - 2 on Friday and win their second title running. It has been a great conference to follow. Congrats ladies!

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

What is hilarious, is that a nerve was hit with you because the truth and the facts have upset you. So your only option is to clearly try to troll me and hope to save face and laugh at yourself. My best guess is that you are... A. the parent of a kid that quit when things got tough and I am sure you probably encouraged him to be a quitter! B. the kid himself, which I refuse to even comment on...other than telling you, toughen up kid, the world will never be fair or C. someone that is clearly jealous of Coach Bradley and the success that he has had. I don't know and I really do not care, but if you are really this hurt by the truth and or facts, best of luck keeping your sanity. Other than that, I really enjoyed the game in Frankfort last night and will be there next week if the matchup comes to fruition. I invite you to come and see what true, gritty basketball players look like. Since you clearly have no clue! Have a fine evening.

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Tournament play begins tonight for some of our ladies in the SVC. Good luck to all.

HUNTINGTON hosts Portsmouth
ADENA hosts Wellston
SOUTHEASTERN travels to Oak Hill
WESTFALL travels to Fairfield

One league makeup game on the slate. Unioto travels to Paint Valley

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

We will get the rematch on Monday night as Huntington and Adena took care of business tonight. Should be a great game when the Lady Huntsmen travel to Frankfort to take on the Lady Warriors. Win or go home time!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

soggybottomtopper wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:27 pm We will get the rematch on Monday night as Huntington and Adena took care of business tonight. Should be a great game when the Lady Huntsmen travel to Frankfort to take on the Lady Warriors. Win or go home time!
Basye carries most of the load, but some of the young kids are really stepping it up for Huntington. They’ll need them to continue that if they want to knock off Adena again.

Will Smith be back for Adena? That would be huge for them on defense to show a different look at Basye than she saw on Tuesday.

Linepitcher70
Waterboy

Post by Linepitcher70 »

Smith played a few minutes tonight.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Linepitcher70 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:26 pm Smith played a few minutes tonight.
They will need Smith tonight at SE. SE lost in the tournament last night, so nothing to lose but play spoiler. They played Adena tough on the road already. Coach Hice will have the Panthers ready to play. Good luck to both teams.

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Congratulations to the Lady Warriors and Coach Day on their SVC title. Looking forward to Monday night when the Lady Huntsmen travel to The Village. Should be another classic!

Return to “Girls Basketball”