Stats

60ft
Freshman Team

Stats

Post by 60ft »

How many records are being broken. I watch several games from this year and the past years from several areas. I kind laugh when I read the stat line from the following day. This girl had 15 rebounds or assist or steals. How many people knows what a real rebound is or a steal or assist is? I think a lot stat people are giving loose balls a rebound or deflection from a teammate to another teammate a steal.

sinjinian
Freshman Team

Re: Stats

Post by sinjinian »

Everyone seems to keep them differently and has a different definition of a rebound, steal, etc. If the ball hits the floor after a shot and a kid gets possession of it, is that getting possession of a missed shot or a loose ball? If a kid deflects a pass and a teammate gets possession, is that a steal or is is nothing?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

6-7 years ago one of the newspapers towards where I teach had an article about one of the girl’s basketball games….the team lost by 20+ points and the sub title of the article said ******* bring down 67 rebounds

Lol….I got to investigating I found out they had 29 rebounds (9 offensive)….the person doing the book added the total rebounds + offensive rebounds and for some reason added in the total rebounds again lol…..then the paper just went with it.

Also on this topic I just think of the Jamie Lewis days at Oak Hill. I forget if they played in the SOC 1 then or another conference that is no longer but they'd report her at like 29 points, 24 assists, 22 steals (that’s a rare one but still) many many games of like 25/18/17. I think her season average one year wasn’t far from a quadruple double with something like 28 ppg, 13 ast, 9.8 stl and 8.8 rb (for example)…..watching her play the big games….I don’t doubt them but they were crazy numbers.

And for those that never watched her….you missed it.

Hopefully Jason Vorhees jumps on here and adds in more accurate numbers and thoughts.

60ft
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft »

I used to watched Oak Hill ( Jamie Lewis ) vs Wheelersburg ( Amy Hughes ). Two different girls from other girls. Those two girls was playmakers. Every game was sold out when those two team played.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

60ft wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:07 pm I used to watched Oak Hill ( Jamie Lewis ) vs Wheelersburg ( Amy Hughes ). Two different girls from other girls. Those two girls was playmakers. Every game was sold out when those two team played.
Jamie was 2 years behind her I think? I was at a couple of those battles

Return to “Girls Basketball”