Ohio division Tvc player of the year..

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Ohio division Tvc player of the year..

Post by Orange and Brown »

Coaches can't vote for their own kid so it doesn't really matter how many kids were nominated for POY.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
#Girlsrule
Riding the Bench

Post by #Girlsrule »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:34 pm My opinion, if the league championship winners don't get POY or the outright Coach of the Year, that says a lot about what the rest of the league thinks about them.

But over on the Player of the Year thread you were all for Bayse getting POY. She didn’t come from the SVC championship team???

All the players being mentioned are good. Who is POY? I can’t say because I haven’t seen them play enough games. I just know that POY doesn’t have to come from league champs. Most of the time, your league champs have multiple players who are very good. That’s why they win the conference. Can they have the player of the year? Absolutely but it’s not an absolute. In my opinion…

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

#Girlsrule wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:02 pm
MadeInRossCounty wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:34 pm My opinion, if the league championship winners don't get POY or the outright Coach of the Year, that says a lot about what the rest of the league thinks about them.

But over on the Player of the Year thread you were all for Bayse getting POY. She didn’t come from the SVC championship team???

All the players being mentioned are good. Who is POY? I can’t say because I haven’t seen them play enough games. I just know that POY doesn’t have to come from league champs. Most of the time, your league champs have multiple players who are very good. That’s why they win the conference. Can they have the player of the year? Absolutely but it’s not an absolute. In my opinion…
Absolutely, Bayse is far and above the player of the year in the SVC. She's top 5 all time leading scorer in Ross County History, not just Huntington. Not to include the rest of her stats.
From what I saw in the TVC this year, this is a different Player of the Year race. I said Hurd from NY would be my player of the year.
She's going D1 to Youngstown State on scholarship, 1000 point scorer in 3 years, and all her other stats. What a coincidence Bayse is going D1 on scholarship. 🤔
I never said the league champs should get the POY. I said it says something when they don't. What is that something?

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Just saw Bayse got District Player of the Year.
Congratulation to her. 👊
Heck of a season and career.

#Girlsrule
Riding the Bench

Post by #Girlsrule »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:18 pm

Absolutely, Bayse is far and above the player of the year in the SVC. She's top 5 all time leading scorer in Ross County History, not just Huntington. Not to include the rest of her stats.
From what I saw in the TVC this year, this is a different Player of the Year race. I said Hurd from NY would be my player of the year.
She's going D1 to Youngstown State on scholarship, 1000 point scorer in 3 years, and all her other stats. What a coincidence Bayse is going D1 on scholarship. 🤔
I never said the league champs should get the POY. I said it says something when they don't. What is that something?
That makes sense. I was just curious. And I completely agree that she was deserving! I saw some thought she should be co-POY with a player from Adena. Not a knock on that player, but Bayse is just better right now.

Every year, politics end up playing a role in POY and I hate it. The best, most talented player with a tremendous work ethic and good attitude should win. Is that so hard? 🤨

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

#Girlsrule wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:26 pm
MadeInRossCounty wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:18 pm

That makes sense. I was just curious. And I completely agree that she was deserving! I saw some thought she should be co-POY with a player from Adena. Not a knock on that player, but Bayse is just better right now.

Every year, politics end up playing a role in POY and I hate it. The best, most talented player with a tremendous work ethic and good attitude should win. Is that so hard? 🤨
I agree. POY has so many different opinions, situations, and politics involved. Every year is different. Garrison from Adena will have her chance soon. She's a good one.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

I really question the reading comprehension of some folks on this forum. I never once said I was "embarrassed," I said the process in which determine this year's player of the year, was, at best, clumsy, and at worst, ignorant, but none the less, embarrassing. I have nothing to be embarrassed about, I was not in the room, and I would have never put myself and/or player in that position. I am smarter than that.

All I said, in my opinion, Tegan Bartoe, was more deserving. And, I do not think you want to compare resume's.

4 time TVC Champion
4 time Sectional Champion
3 Division II District Runner-Up
Division II District Champion
Division II Regional Champion
Division II State Runner-Up
1,300 point scorer, while playing with two other 1,000 point scorers
2nd in career assists
3rd in career made three-pointers 182 (more than any boy player in Vinton County history)

Now, you may be saying Hawk; "...those are career stats..." and yes, they are, but her senior year, this year, was her BEST year. Outside, the tournament run of last year, this was her best year, statistically.

And, if you may need more, she too, has been offered to play at Rio Grande.

This is all I have to say about this. It is over. Good luck to all seniors.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

hawkeyepierce wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:34 pm I really question the reading comprehension of some folks on this forum. I never once said I was "embarrassed," I said the process in which determine this year's player of the year, was, at best, clumsy, and at worst, ignorant, but none the less, embarrassing. I have nothing to be embarrassed about, I was not in the room, and I would have never put myself and/or player in that position. I am smarter than that.

All I said, in my opinion, Tegan Bartoe, was more deserving. And, I do not think you want to compare resume's.

4 time TVC Champion
2nd in career assists
3rd in career made three-pointers 182 (more than any boy player in Vinton County history)

Now, you may be saying Hawk; "...those are career stats..." and yes, they are, but her senior year, this year, was her BEST year. Outside, the tournament run of last year, this was her best year, statistically.

Tell the coaches who vote.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Congratulations to the TVC Ohio Player of the Year
Marlee Grinstead! 👊

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:34 pm I really question the reading comprehension of some folks on this forum. I never once said I was "embarrassed," I said the process in which determine this year's player of the year, was, at best, clumsy, and at worst, ignorant, but none the less, embarrassing. I have nothing to be embarrassed about, I was not in the room, and I would have never put myself and/or player in that position. I am smarter than that.

4 time TVC Champion
2nd in career assists

Not career, not what you do outside of the league, not tournament!!!

It's what you do in league play this season

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Ok…she averaged 22 points and 4 assists in those games and won all but one of them.

Marauders19
Freshman Team

Post by Marauders19 »

Hawkeye . I totally agree with you that Bartoe should have got Mvp of the league due to her play and her team won 4 League tiltles . I also state that Mallory was the most talented player in league and due to our record she would never get that award so politics are always involved. But you can’t blame politics because your own parents are complaining about your own coach never nominated Bartoe for district player of year .. just ask the Athens coach he will give you all the details..

Ervin13
Waterboy

Post by Ervin13 »

4 time TVC Champion
2nd in career assists

Man those are some great TEAM stats Teagan and her TEAM have. Congratulations to her and her TEAM on such a great 4 year run!!!!

I bet if you ask Marlee who is my niece she would give the trophy to Teagan, Mallory or whoever else you all think deserved it. She’s just as good a person as she is a player!!!!

This group of TVC Ohio girls are all very talented and I’ve enjoyed watching them compete against each other since they was in grade school but for you few to come on here and cry because the one you thought should win didn’t is just childish grow up act like an adult.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Ervin13 wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:49 pm

4 time TVC Champion
2nd in career assists

Man those are some great TEAM stats Teagan and her TEAM have. Congratulations to her and her TEAM on such a great 4 year run!!!!

I bet if you ask Marlee who is my niece she would give the trophy to Teagan, Mallory or whoever else you all think deserved it. She’s just as good a person as she is a player!!!!

This group of TVC Ohio girls are all very talented and I’ve enjoyed watching them compete against each other since they was in grade school but for you few to come on here and cry because the one you thought should win didn’t is just childish grow up act like an adult.
👏

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

4 time TVC Champion
2nd in career assists

Bravo!
Great post.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:02 pm

4 time TVC Champion
2nd in career assists

👏
Come on man, HP has never been wrong about anything in his life. Don't believe me, just ask him. :mrgreen:

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Pat. Thank you! You have stated the most true statement on this forum in a very long time.

Now, you Einsteins, if you go back to the second page on this forum you will see that I said the following:

First, and foremost, I never said anyone WAS NOT deserving. In my humble opinion, Grinstead is a great player and will find success at the next level. Secondly, I believe that Bartoe, was more deserving, after all, she was a great player from a conference championship team. Next, although I will concede, that conference has seen a high collection of individual talent, including Hawley, Hurd, Lavy, Johnson, and Zinn, that does not mean that EVERY team has a player of the year candidate.

Furthermore, the Vikings TEAM does NOT have the success over the last four years without Tegan Bartoe. And I know Tegan, I considered myself a very good friend to her mother and father, and she is a great kid, and she would also give up the trophy. In fact, I do not believe that she even cares, because she considers Marlee a friend.

Again, my issues is how...not the result per se...but how the voting was handled in that meeting room. Which, brings me to my last point, Marauders 19, I would not ask the Athens, or even the Meigs coach, for the time of day even if their face was a clock.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

hawkeyepierce wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:02 pm Pat. Thank you! You have stated the most true statement on this forum in a very long time.

Now, you Einsteins, if you go back to the second page on this forum you will see that I said the following:

First, and foremost, I never said anyone WAS NOT deserving. In my humble opinion, Grinstead is a great player and will find success at the next level. Secondly, I believe that Bartoe, was more deserving, after all, she was a great player from a conference championship team. Next, although I will concede, that conference has seen a high collection of individual talent, including Hawley, Hurd, Lavy, Johnson, and Zinn, that does not mean that EVERY team has a player of the year candidate.

Furthermore, the Vikings TEAM does NOT have the success over the last four years without Tegan Bartoe. And I know Tegan, I considered myself a very good friend to her mother and father, and she is a great kid, and she would also give up the trophy. In fact, I do not believe that she even cares, because she considers Marlee a friend.

Again, my issues is how...not the result per se...but how the voting was handled in that meeting room. Which, brings me to my last point, Marauders 19, I would not ask the Athens, or even the Meigs coach, for the time of day even if their face was a clock.
First, I thought you were done talking about it?
Second, did Cameron Zinn get district player of the year?
If so, that says a lot about the talent on that VC team.
That would give her a great career resume, and finish this season with 1,000 points and district player of the year.
And she is a stud in volleyball.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

I guess we should have 3 or 4 girls be named TVC player of the year---- only way to solve it.

Pitstop Billy
Freshman Team

Post by Pitstop Billy »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:02 pm Pat. Thank you! You have stated the most true statement on this forum in a very long time.

The main question is, are you still "embarrassed"?

Return to “Girls Basketball”