Ohio division Tvc player of the year..

PorchDog90
Waterboy

Re: Ohio division Tvc player of the year..

Post by PorchDog90 »

Grinstead wins it. Best all around player defensive, offensive and just most important player to her team. Scored 38 in a 48-36 win over River Valley and scored 36 in a loss to Meigs . Does all this while getting dbl or triple teamed every game which none of the above girls mentioned have to deal with. Grinstead should win with Zinn right behind her

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

The "best defensive player" gave up 25 and 24 to the best offensive player in the conference, who, by the way played on the conference championship team, Teagan Bartoe.

And I am going to say it...it is going to anger some people, but I don't care. I know what happened in the meeting, and it is a travesty, that every coach nominated someone, as if they were deserving, and then the votes were so split, this is where we are.

To those coaches, it is embarrassment, not only for the conference, but you also. You look like novices. :roll:

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:59 am The "best defensive player" gave up 25 and 24 to the best offensive player in the conference, who, by the way played on the conference championship team, Teagan Bartoe.

And I am going to say it...it is going to anger some people, but I don't care. I know what happened in the meeting, and it is a travesty, that every coach nominated someone, as if they were deserving, and then the votes were so split, this is where we are.

To those coaches, it is embarrassment, not only for the conference, but you also. You look like novices. :roll:
From reading your posts, as strongly as your making your opinion known about how "embarrassing" this decision was, I want to remind you. Any Player that wins Player of the year is deserving, of that award, it is not a participation trophy.
To say it's embarrassing is saying that Player didn't deserve it. Obviously, the coaches who voted on it thought she did.
Let that young lady be proud of a once in a lifetime achievement that only 1 kid from 1 school in each conference gets to accept each year.
Congratulations to her and all POY winners in SE Ohio. 👊

Marauders19
Freshman Team

Post by Marauders19 »

I’m very surprised Bartoe didn’t get league MVP they beat Alaxander 2times in league play and was Tvc outright champs. I’m assuming Abbie Smith or Bartoe Got district player of the year has that been released yet

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Marauders19 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:26 pm I’m very surprised Bartoe didn’t get league MVP they beat Alaxander 2times in league play and was Tvc outright champs. I’m assuming Abbie Smith or Bartoe Got district player of the year has that been released yet
you not saying Mallory!!!!!

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

First, and foremost, I never said anyone WAS NOT deserving. In my humble opinion, Grinstead is a great player and will find success at the next level. Secondly, I believe that Bartoe, was more deserving, after all, she was a great player from a conference championship team. Next, although I will concede, that conference has seen a high collection of individual talent, including Hawley, Hurd, Lavy, Johnson, and Zinn, that does not mean that EVERY team has a player of the year candidate. Lastly, that is where my issue lies, at some point as a coach, no matter how much you may like your player, as a coach you have to recognize your place within the conference at that time. And that is my point, as a coach, no matter how much I like and appreciate "Jimmy or Jenny" does my nomination make sense? It did not make sense for Athens, River Valley, or Wellston to nominate their player. I stand by what I said, it was "embarrassing."

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:32 pm First, and foremost, I never said anyone WAS NOT deserving. In my humble opinion, Grinstead is a great player and will find success at the next level. Secondly, I believe that Bartoe, was more deserving, after all, she was a great player from a conference championship team. Next, although I will concede, that conference has seen a high collection of individual talent, including Hawley, Hurd, Lavy, Johnson, and Zinn, that does not mean that EVERY team has a player of the year candidate. Lastly, that is where my issue lies, at some point as a coach, no matter how much you may like your player, as a coach you have to recognize your place within the conference at that time. And that is my point, as a coach, no matter how much I like and appreciate "Jimmy or Jenny" does my nomination make sense? It did not make sense for Athens, River Valley, or Wellston to nominate their player. I stand by what I said, it was "embarrassing."
You should probably qualify that last statement with "in my humble opinion..." :o

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

No. It WAS embarrassing. :roll:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:32 pm First, and foremost, I never said anyone WAS NOT deserving. In my humble opinion, Grinstead is a great player and will find success at the next level. Secondly, I believe that Bartoe, was more deserving, after all, she was a great player from a conference championship team. Next, although I will concede, that conference has seen a high collection of individual talent, including Hawley, Hurd, Lavy, Johnson, and Zinn, that does not mean that EVERY team has a player of the year candidate. Lastly, that is where my issue lies, at some point as a coach, no matter how much you may like your player, as a coach you have to recognize your place within the conference at that time. And that is my point, as a coach, no matter how much I like and appreciate "Jimmy or Jenny" does my nomination make sense? It did not make sense for Athens, River Valley, or Wellston to nominate their player. I stand by what I said, it was "embarrassing."
Agree

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:14 pm No. It WAS embarrassing. :roll:
In your opinion. There, I did it for you. :o

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

The best player won the award. Plain and simple

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Super trooper wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:29 pm The best player won the award. Plain and simple
Tell Hawkeye that. He's still sore about it, and "embarrassed" apparently. :o

Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:59 am The "best defensive player" gave up 25 and 24 to the best offensive player in the conference, who, by the way played on the conference championship team, Teagan Bartoe.

Hawkeye I havent seen you this upset about something since they shut down McArthur High School. It seems as if you have some insider info but you are being coy about your intel. Spill the tea.

Disklaimer: These here thoughts are my opinions. Dont mean too hurt nobodies feelins. Are we still able to state opinions on here without unfair retribution from certain folkes?
Koondogger 2.1
Freshman Team

Post by Koondogger 2.1 »

Your just mad because your coaching staff dodges good opponents and you manifest your frustration in comments totally becoming of someone with your hillbilly background. The best player won the award period. Being the conference champion makes you the best team but doesnt mean you get POY as a door prize. Why cant you just be happy for the young lady who won instead of throwing shade.

Shanhai JinPing
Waterboy

Post by Shanhai JinPing »

Koondogger 2.1 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:12 pm

Your just mad because your coaching staff dodges good opponents and you manifest your frustration in comments totally becoming of someone with your hillbilly background. The best player won the award period. Being the conference champion makes you the best team but doesnt mean you get POY as a door prize. Why cant you just be happy for the young lady who won instead of throwing shade.
This not happen in China. You complain you go to fire squad.

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Koondogger 2.1 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:12 pm

You left out that he's "embarrassed" as well as mad. :o

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Gray Cat wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:45 pm
Super trooper wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:29 pm The best player won the award. Plain and simple
Tell Hawkeye that. He's still sore about it, and "embarrassed" apparently. :o
Thanks, I thought I was the only missing something.🤦‍♂️

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

My opinion, if the league championship winners don't get POY or the outright Coach of the Year, that says a lot about what the rest of the league thinks about them.

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:34 pm My opinion, if the league championship winners don't get POY or the outright Coach of the Year, that says a lot about what the rest of the league thinks about them.
Ya, and maybe keep running the score up on anyone you can every chance you get and maybe it will get better so you won't have to be "embarrassed" so much. :o

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

hawkeyepierce wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:14 pm No. It WAS embarrassing. :roll:
Stop diminishing or taking away from the actual Player of the Year, the girl who won the award and did everything right. Just because you don't agree, oh well.
I am surprised the league champs didn't get POY, but I would never take anything away from a kid who scored over 1,400 points in her career. 🤦‍♂️

Return to “Girls Basketball”