Ohio division Tvc player of the year..

Marauders19
Freshman Team

Ohio division Tvc player of the year..

Post by Marauders19 »

This always sparks comments and it’s already this time of year.. 1. Mallory Holly - Meigs. 2. Mac Hurd - Buckeyes 3. Bartoe Vinton county 4. Grinstead Spartans. Alll 4 are quality players very talented group of ladies in the tvc this year and all are seniors..

Fletchlives
JV Team

Re: Ohio division Tvc player of the year..

Post by Fletchlives »

Cone on dad, Mallory is a good player but no where near POY.

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

Marauders19 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:06 pm This always sparks comments and it’s already this time of year.. 1. Mallory Holly - Meigs. 2. Mac Hurd - Buckeyes 3. Bartoe Vinton county 4. Grinstead Spartans. Alll 4 are quality players very talented group of ladies in the tvc this year and all are seniors..
It could be any one of them, all are nice players.

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
Beckster82
Riding the Bench

Post by Beckster82 »

Mac Hurd without a doubt...

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

Beckster82 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:31 am Mac Hurd without a doubt...
Can you explain why it’s Hurd without a doubt? There is still half of a season left to play and I believe the other girls will have plenty to say.

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
Marauders19
Freshman Team

Post by Marauders19 »

Fletchy I’m not a parent I’m a dedicated fan for over 20 years and if you would like to have a conversation come and sit with me and we can talk💪.. in my opinion the best player in the league is Mallory… It’s simple we always give the award to the best team not necessarily the best player for instance every night Mallory has the entire team on her back the other girls mentioned all have secondary players with them for example: Hurd has Lavy Bartoe has the Zinn girl and Grinstead has the good post player. My vote is Mallory Hurd and a coin toss between Bartoe and Grinstead. Again I’m excited about watching the Tvc in the second round but we are blessed to have this much talent in this senior class..

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Marauders19 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:48 pm Fletchy I’m not a parent I’m a dedicated fan for over 20 years and if you would like to have a conversation come and sit with me and we can talk💪.. in my opinion the best player in the league is Mallory… It’s simple we always give the award to the best team not necessarily the best player for instance every night Mallory has the entire team on her back the other girls mentioned all have secondary players with them for example: Hurd has Lavy Bartoe has the Zinn girl and Grinstead has the good post player. My vote is Mallory Hurd and a coin toss between Bartoe and Grinstead. Again I’m excited about watching the Tvc in the second round but we are blessed to have this much talent in this senior class..
maybe if Meigs coach would design some plays that get other teammates involve other teams might have to guard more players

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Marauders19 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:48 pm Fletchy I’m not a parent I’m a dedicated fan for over 20 years and if you would like to have a conversation come and sit with me and we can talk💪.. in my opinion the best player in the league is Mallory… It’s simple we always give the award to the best team not necessarily the best player for instance every night Mallory has the entire team on her back the other girls mentioned all have secondary players with them for example: Hurd has Lavy Bartoe has the Zinn girl and Grinstead has the good post player. My vote is Mallory Hurd and a coin toss between Bartoe and Grinstead. Again I’m excited about watching the Tvc in the second round but we are blessed to have this much talent in this senior class..
Hurd could go out and score 35 a night if she wanted to. Instead she makes sure her teammates are involved because she cares about winning over stats. I have yet to see any players in the league at this point in the season have the court vision Mac has.
Right now.
Mac Hurd
Grinstead
Mallory
Lavy

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
NYbuckeyes1
Waterboy

Post by NYbuckeyes1 »

bartoe without a doubt should get it if anyone from vc gets it but don’t think the coach from there will give it to her over zinn…

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Orange and Brown wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:53 pm
Hurd could go out and score 35 a night if she wanted to. Instead she makes sure her teammates are involved because she cares about winning over stats. I have yet to see any players in the league at this point in the season have the court vision Mac has.
Right now.
Mac Hurd
Grinstead
Mallory
Lavy
I agree with your post. I watched Nelsonville over the summer and on livestream a couple games. Hurd is on another level. Bartoe is a good scorer, takes a lot of shots, makes a lot of shots, shooters shoot I get it. Hurd much more let's the game come to her and whatever it takes to win, she does.
The TVC race should be a close one at the finish.

Marauders19
Freshman Team

Post by Marauders19 »

I’m not sure exactly the process of a player getting the most valuable player award. Doesn’t the opposing coaches choose the mvp?? If so no one can blame there schools coach.

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Good thing you dont have a vote!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Marauders19 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:56 pm I’m not sure exactly the process of a player getting the most valuable player award. Doesn’t the opposing coaches choose the mvp?? If so no one can blame there schools coach.
A coach will put a player up. Coaches aren't allowed to vote for their own player.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Team game
Waterboy

Post by Team game »

Zinn girl is the best player in the TVC Ohio rebounds can score total team player can defend any player on the court

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Team game wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:17 pm Zinn girl is the best player in the TVC Ohio rebounds can score total team player can defend any player on the court
Well, maybe she'll guard Hurd when they play each other and Hurd will guard her. That could be the deciding factor if they let them guard each other.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Gray Cat wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:00 pm
Team game wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:17 pm Zinn girl is the best player in the TVC Ohio rebounds can score total team player can defend any player on the court
Well, maybe she'll guard Hurd when they play each other and Hurd will guard her. That could be the deciding factor if they let them guard each other.
They already did. That's one of the livestreams I watched. Hurd definitely looked like the MVP that night. She was the best player on the floor and her team won at VC.
If you haven't seen it. Go back and watch it for yourself.

Marauders19
Freshman Team

Post by Marauders19 »

Orange and Brown.. I’m going to admit Hurd should get mvp. Sometimes we might forget she is returning from a knee injury and that shows the dedication that young lady brings to the table. Vinton County fans never stop they have people debating who is mvp of there own team !!!!! Bartoe is hands down there best player if they didn’t have her they couldn’t score… My last comment is orange/Brown if Alexander beats you again Grinstead might get the hardware.. p.s I still think our Mallory is the most skilled basketball player in our area..Go Tvc!!!

VC2032
Waterboy

Post by VC2032 »

All four listed players are very deserving of consideration and they have had great careers. Suggest you also not count out Cameron Zinn of Vinton County. Arguably the best defensive player in the league and perhaps in SeOhio. Cameron always guards the opponents best player and is always guarded by the opponents best player (the three players from other schools mentioned above included). She was named 2nd team All Ohio last year, and although she is not the top scoring leader in the league, she focuses on all aspects of the game. Her 2022 stat averages for the 12 league games this season are as follows: Points per game is the stat that seems to garner the most attention. Cameron averaged 14,0 per game this season. However, I would give up an additional 4 to 5 point scoring average for a player who averages 14.7 Rebounds, 5.0 steals, 4.9 assists and 1.4 blocks per game. If scoring average is the criteria, it is easy to give the award to the player each year who averages the most points. However I think that has not been the case and is not the only criteria in the past. Good luck to all of these ladies and thank you all for a great 4 years of basketball ! You have all helped to elevate the quality of girls basketball in SE Ohio!

Marauders19
Freshman Team

Post by Marauders19 »

Vinton County is blessed to have good players and winning the Tvc again ultimately they will get another player of the year award but let that being said the Mvp of that team is Bartoe she is what every team prepares for because of her scoring ability but hands down Bartoe is there best player. They also have arguments for Zinn and there shooter #23. Again best team doesn’t truly express mvp. Best players in Tvc are Mallory Bartoe Grinstead and Hurd . Everyone else is second tier players which are talented but role players don’t get this award.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

VC2032 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:52 am All four listed players are very deserving of consideration and they have had great careers. Suggest you also not count out Cameron Zinn of Vinton County. Arguably the best defensive player in the league and perhaps in SeOhio. Cameron always guards the opponents best player and is always guarded by the opponents best player (the three players from other schools mentioned above included). She was named 2nd team All Ohio last year, and although she is not the top scoring leader in the league, she focuses on all aspects of the game. Her 2022 stat averages for the 12 league games this season are as follows: Points per game is the stat that seems to garner the most attention. Cameron averaged 14,0 per game this season. However, I would give up an additional 4 to 5 point scoring average for a player who averages 14.7 Rebounds, 5.0 steals, 4.9 assists and 1.4 blocks per game. If scoring average is the criteria, it is easy to give the award to the player each year who averages the most points. However I think that has not been the case and is not the only criteria in the past. Good luck to all of these ladies and thank you all for a great 4 years of basketball ! You have all helped to elevate the quality of girls basketball in SE Ohio!
This

Return to “Girls Basketball”