Ohio division Tvc player of the year..

vcgrad
All Conference

Re: Ohio division Tvc player of the year..

Post by vcgrad »

I guess we will see who plays better at Rio????

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

I would take the Cameron Zinn any day of the week before others. A complete ball player. Shes the complete player, Hands down in my eyes!

Blowingsmoke
Waterboy

Post by Blowingsmoke »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:20 pm Ok…she averaged 22 points and 4 assists in those games and won all but one of them.
Did it ever cross your mind the 22 & 4 wasn’t enough to win? Maybe coach shoulda put the dbl dbl up instead.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

vcgrad wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:30 pm I guess we should have 3 or 4 girls be named TVC player of the year---- only way to solve it.
:roll:
Prime Time wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:03 pm I would take the Cameron Zinn any day of the week before others. A complete ball player. Shes the complete player, Hands down in my eyes!
Yes. She is also very deserving...AND FROM A CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM.
vcgrad wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:45 pm I guess we will see who plays better at Rio????
I said, "...she was offered..." I am not sure she will play. She wants to follow her brother into the physical training business.
Pitstop Billy wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:38 pm
hawkeyepierce wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:02 pm Pat. Thank you! You have stated the most true statement on this forum in a very long time.

Now, you Einsteins, if you go back to the second page on this forum you will see that I said the following:

First, and foremost, I never said anyone WAS NOT deserving. In my humble opinion, Grinstead is a great player and will find success at the next level. Secondly, I believe that Bartoe, was more deserving, after all, she was a great player from a conference championship team. Next, although I will concede, that conference has seen a high collection of individual talent, including Hawley, Hurd, Lavy, Johnson, and Zinn, that does not mean that EVERY team has a player of the year candidate.

Furthermore, the Vikings TEAM does NOT have the success over the last four years without Tegan Bartoe. And I know Tegan, I considered myself a very good friend to her mother and father, and she is a great kid, and she would also give up the trophy. In fact, I do not believe that she even cares, because she considers Marlee a friend.

Again, my issues is how...not the result per se...but how the voting was handled in that meeting room. Which, brings me to my last point, Marauders 19, I would not ask the Athens, or even the Meigs coach, for the time of day even if their face was a clock.
The main question is, are you still "embarrassed"?
AGAIN, I WAS NEVER EMBARRASSED....I was embarrassed for the conference. Outside of Grinstead and Jones, it seemed like to me there were a bunch of circus clowns in that meeting.

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:14 pm No. It WAS embarrassing. :roll:
No, that's your opinion. Others think otherwise. So you need to qualify your statement to make it legit. :mrgreen:

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

I have tried to let this go but hawkeyepierce can't.
Why are you embarrassed or embarrassed for the conference by what coaches vote on behind closed doors?
You may not actually say it but you are emplying that Marlee Grinstead should not have got POY. Obviously you think Bartoe should have. Your opinion and calling us Einsteins, say everything I need to know about you. And that is all I am saying about this.
Congratulations Grinstead on Player of the Year, let haters hate. 👊

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:08 pm I have tried to let this go but hawkeyepierce can't.
Why are you embarrassed or embarrassed for the conference by what coaches vote on behind closed doors?
You may not actually say it but you are emplying that Marlee Grinstead should not have got POY. Obviously you think Bartoe should have. Your opinion and calling us Einsteins, say everything I need to know about you. And that is all I am saying about this.
Me stating in jest that Hawkeye "has never been wrong about anything..." and him agreeing with that statement should have told you everything you need to know about him. He thinks that since he says it's "embarrassing" that it is in fact that no matter what anyone else thinks. But you hit the nail with your comments. Meanwhile his behavior is embarrassing LOL.

Blowingsmoke
Waterboy

Post by Blowingsmoke »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:23 am
vcgrad wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:30 pm I guess we should have 3 or 4 girls be named TVC player of the year---- only way to solve it.
Prime Time wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:03 pm I would take the Cameron Zinn any day of the week before others. A complete ball player. Shes the complete player, Hands down in my eyes!
vcgrad wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:45 pm I guess we will see who plays better at Rio????
I said, "...she was offered..." I am not sure she will play. She wants to follow her brother into the physical training business.
hawkeyepierce wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:02 pm Pat. Thank you! You have stated the most true statement on this forum in a very long time.

Now, you Einsteins, if you go back to the second page on this forum you will see that I said the following:

First, and foremost, I never said anyone WAS NOT deserving. In my humble opinion, Grinstead is a great player and will find success at the next level. Secondly, I believe that Bartoe, was more deserving, after all, she was a great player from a conference championship team. Next, although I will concede, that conference has seen a high collection of individual talent, including Hawley, Hurd, Lavy, Johnson, and Zinn, that does not mean that EVERY team has a player of the year candidate.

Furthermore, the Vikings TEAM does NOT have the success over the last four years without Tegan Bartoe. And I know Tegan, I considered myself a very good friend to her mother and father, and she is a great kid, and she would also give up the trophy. In fact, I do not believe that she even cares, because she considers Marlee a friend.

Again, my issues is how...not the result per se...but how the voting was handled in that meeting room. Which, brings me to my last point, Marauders 19, I would not ask the Athens, or even the Meigs coach, for the time of day even if their face was a clock.
AGAIN, I WAS NEVER EMBARRASSED....I was embarrassed for the conference. Outside of Grinstead and Jones, it seemed like to me there were a bunch of circus clowns in that meeting.
You do know POY is an individual award right? Conference champ is a separate award . Vinton had at least 5 girls with 4 years of varsity experience. Alexander had 2, yes only 2 players with varsity experience. Grinstead saw double and triple teams every game hell even your beloved VInton sent 2-3 at here and she still scored 21 in the first and 16-18 the second. With Vinton being so experienced it made it impossible to double any of those players. You should be very embarrassed coming on here acting like a clown making it sound like Grinstead shouldn’t had won it. Grinstead is very deserving of this award and the coaches she played against thought so too. Again, did you ever think that the 22pts and 4 assist TVC average just wasn’t enough to win it?

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

Blowingsmoke wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:44 pm

You do know POY is an individual award right? Conference champ is a separate award . Vinton had at least 5 girls with 4 years of varsity experience. Alexander had 2, yes only 2 players with varsity experience. Grinstead saw double and triple teams every game hell even your beloved VInton sent 2-3 at here and she still scored 21 in the first and 16-18 the second. With Vinton being so experienced it made it impossible to double any of those players. You should be very embarrassed coming on here acting like a clown making it sound like Grinstead shouldn’t had won it. Grinstead is very deserving of this award and the coaches she played against thought so too. Again, did you ever think that the 22pts and 4 assist TVC average just wasn’t enough to win it?
I think he said he is embarrassed. But then he said he isn't. And then he said he is. If I followed it accurately. :lol:

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Pat wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:48 pm
MadeInRossCounty wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:08 pm I have tried to let this go but hawkeyepierce can't.
Me stating in jest that Hawkeye "has never been wrong about anything..." and him agreeing with that statement should have told you everything you need to know about him. He thinks that since he says it's "embarrassing" that it is in fact that no matter what anyone else thinks. But you hit the nail with your comments. Meanwhile his behavior is embarrassing LOL.
Good post. 👍

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Blowingsmoke wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:44 pm

👍

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Ok...this is my very last post...and I will divulge everything I know...

First, I NEVER SAID GRINSTEAD WASN'T DESERVING...I only said, in my opinion Bartoe was MORE deserving. She averaged 22 points and 4 assists in TVC games, every tough conference match-up she shined. Furthermore, it could be argued that she was the best player on a conference championship team. That is all I said about the players. We can dive into the weeds, and have a conversation on who may be more athletic, who represented their school better, who signed with who, and all of that, and those are good arguments to have, but, at the end of the day...It is done, but my OPINION remains.

Secondly, the process...the coaches dominate a player and then the coaches then vote on those who were nominated. However, on this particular Sunday, EVERY TVC-OHIO COACH NOMINATED SOMEONE. So, I was saying in a previous post, as I conceded there are some very good individual talent in the conference, as a coach, you have to decide if this person was "...really the best player in the conference...?" That is Coaching 101 and coaching integrity. If you had the best player in the conference, do you really finish where you finished? There are arguments that could be made for Meigs, Nelsonville-York, as Hawley and Hurd are great players, but who in the heck is Athens nominating? River Valley? Wellston? I am sorry, but who? So once those players are nominated, as a coach it may sway your voting. As I understand it, Bartoe, received only one vote...from GRINSTEAD. And it was not like Marlee ran away with it either. I am suspecting that there were shenanigans between a couple of the coaches. THAT IS WHAT IS EMBARRASSING. The next question is, is that because of some residual hate of Rod Bentley? In case you did not know, Coach Bentley was a polarizing figure in the conference for the seven years he was here, but that is another topic.

Next, we have have kids win POY that were not from championship teams, it happens more than you think, especially on the boys' side. Heck, just last year, Kyler D'Augustino, wasn't on a championship team, but won the POY and he was very deserving.

Lastly, most people know who I am, if you don't ask around, someone will point you in the right direction...I am not afraid to have conversations. In fact, you can find me at the District 13 All-Star game on Monday. So, if you want to have a conversation, do not be afraid to introduce yourself. If you're scared, say you're scared.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:59 am Ok...this is my very last post...and I will divulge everything I know...

First, I NEVER SAID GRINSTEAD WASN'T DESERVING...I only said, in my opinion Bartoe was MORE deserving. She averaged 22 points and 4 assists in TVC games, every tough conference match-up she shined. Furthermore, it could be argued that she was the best player on a conference championship team. That is all I said about the players. We can dive into the weeds, and have a conversation on who may be more athletic, who represented their school better, who signed with who, and all of that, and those are good arguments to have, but, at the end of the day...It is done, but my OPINION remains.

Secondly, the process...the coaches dominate a player and then the coaches then vote on those who were nominated. However, on this particular Sunday, EVERY TVC-OHIO COACH NOMINATED SOMEONE. So, I was saying in a previous post, as I conceded there are some very good individual talent in the conference, as a coach, you have to decide if this person was "...really the best player in the conference...?" That is Coaching 101 and coaching integrity. If you had the best player in the conference, do you really finish where you finished? There are arguments that could be made for Meigs, Nelsonville-York, as Hawley and Hurd are great players, but who in the heck is Athens nominating? River Valley? Wellston? I am sorry, but who? So once those players are nominated, as a coach it may sway your voting. As I understand it, Bartoe, received only one vote...from GRINSTEAD. And it was not like Marlee ran away with it either. I am suspecting that there were shenanigans between a couple of the coaches. THAT IS WHAT IS EMBARRASSING. The next question is, is that because of some residual hate of Rod Bentley? In case you did not know, Coach Bentley was a polarizing figure in the conference for the seven years he was here, but that is another topic.

Next, we have have kids win POY that were not from championship teams, it happens more than you think, especially on the boys' side. Heck, just last year, Kyler D'Augustino, wasn't on a championship team, but won the POY and he was very deserving.

Lastly, most people know who I am, if you don't ask around, someone will point you in the right direction...I am not afraid to have conversations. In fact, you can find me at the District 13 All-Star game on Monday. So, if you want to have a conversation, do not be afraid to introduce yourself. If you're scared, say you're scared.
Look man...
Things happen and sometimes the fix is in when it comes to this stuff. I get it. See Offensive POY in football for the Ohio last year, but coming on here and basically throwing a tantrum about it is ridiculous. Bartoe is a fine player. I'd argue Zinn is the best player on your team but it doesn't matter at this point. Instead of throwing a tantrum on preps, just be happy for Grinstead. She is well deserving of winning the POY and I'm thrilled for her. I'll go one further and say that her fellow competitors are all very happy for her. We should take a page from their playbook and be happy as well.
It's tough to watch a kid night in and night out play their guts out and not be recognized sometimes. I can promise you that POY isn't as big of a deal for these kids as it seems to be for us.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Dude...you're a joke. And I know you are a moderator, but whatever.

THIS IS A FORUM WHERE SPORTS FANS COME TO EXPRESS THEIR OPINIONS...THAT IS ALL I DID. It is you jokers that tried to read between the lines and make it more than it is.

But if you are a moderator, you should know the central tenet behind the forum you are moderating. :roll:

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:05 pm Dude...you're a joke. And I know you are a moderator, but whatever.

THIS IS A FORUM WHERE SPORTS FANS COME TO EXPRESS THEIR OPINIONS...THAT IS ALL I DID. It is you jokers that tried to read between the lines and make it more than it is.

But if you are a moderator, you should know the central tenet behind the forum you are moderating. :roll:
Oh my... You used ALL CAPS!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

hawkeyepierce wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:05 pm Dude...you're a joke. And I know you are a moderator, but whatever.

The topic of this thread says the Ohio Division TVC Player of the year. Any grown adult has their opinion, but any grown adult also should be able to give that opinion without taking anything away from any girl outside their opinion.
You should start your own topic, I suggest calling it.
Who should have won awards that didn't.

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

So, apparently the earlier post wasn't really your "last post." But I'm glad you posted this one because you finally said it is your opinion. We've all been trying to get that out of you for awhile but you are a stubborn sucker for sure. But you finally saw the light. There, you see, you've grown some with the help of others on this thread. Good job Hawk. :mrgreen:

Arnie
Waterboy

Post by Arnie »

This is why I'm glad I got the he11 out of the TVC Ohio Division. These people can't just congratulate and move on. They have to tell why a player on their team was more deserving and since she didn't get it that makes it "embarrassing" or they are "embarrassed" or whatever. Pretty selfish if you ask me, and petty as well. SMDH

Pit Stop Billy
Riding the Bench

Post by Pit Stop Billy »

Arnie wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:54 pm This is why I'm glad I got the he11 out of the TVC Ohio Division. These people can't just congratulate and move on. They have to tell why a player on their team was more deserving and since she didn't get it that makes it "embarrassing" or they are "embarrassed" or whatever. Pretty selfish if you ask me, and petty as well. SMDH
The guy that said that is embarrassing for the league. That's all.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Give them all a trophy!!!!!!

Return to “Girls Basketball”