All Conference

Re: Marauders making statement

Post by vcgrad »

Time will tell.

cross186
Waterboy

Post by cross186 »

Marauders19 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:47 pm If all you posters would come watch a game I really think you would change your mind !! Mallory took on the whole team and won !! Great talent !!! Tvc top players 1. Mallory/ Hurd. 2. Grinstead 3. Bartoe.. Tvc hands down is best league in southeast Ohio.. senior talent is best I have ever seen in a long time
Listen - I have no dog in the fight at all...but Hawley as the POY in the conference? Great player, solid all-around, nice scorer, smart and strong but it would be a stretch to say player of the year. And I will tell you why - She led the Marauders into Athens and let the Bulldogs beat them. An Athens team that has won three games all year? And Hawley wasn't even the leading scorer in that game. The POY would never ever let that happen. The "real" POY would just not let a 3 win team knock them off in a league game. Just wouldn't happen.

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

cross186 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:33 pm
Marauders19 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:47 pm If all you posters would come watch a game I really think you would change your mind !! Mallory took on the whole team and won !! Great talent !!! Tvc top players 1. Mallory/ Hurd. 2. Grinstead 3. Bartoe.. Tvc hands down is best league in southeast Ohio.. senior talent is best I have ever seen in a long time
Listen - I have no dog in the fight at all...but Hawley as the POY in the conference? Great player, solid all-around, nice scorer, smart and strong but it would be a stretch to say player of the year. And I will tell you why - She led the Marauders into Athens and let the Bulldogs beat them. An Athens team that has won three games all year? And Hawley wasn't even the leading scorer in that game. The POY would never ever let that happen. The "real" POY would just not let a 3 win team knock them off in a league game. Just wouldn't happen.
But to understand you'd have to consider looking at it through a daddy's eyes. :o

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

I've made a couple posts, trying to get marauders19 to give me a response and all I have got are crickets.....

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

Athens has good players but the coach is as bad as they come. Don’t come on here acting like it’s an embarrassment to get beat by Athens.

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Tonight is the night, will a statement be made? Yes, by someone. Meigs or VC? For Meigs to win Mallory has to play out of her mind. For VC to win Share the wealth, several can score.
Predictions?

cross186
Waterboy

Post by cross186 »

Bulldog84 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:01 am
Athens has good players but the coach is as bad as they come. Don’t come on here acting like it’s an embarrassment to get beat by Athens.
"Good players but the coach is as bad as they come" is an ironic statement coming from someone with the tagline "stop making excuses and start making things happen"!
Facts are facts. And the fact is - Athens is 3-13 this year. And one of their three wins is against Meigs. Take that as you will.

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

cross186 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:47 pm
Bulldog84 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:01 am

"Good players but the coach is as bad as they come" is an ironic statement coming from someone with the tagline "stop making excuses and start making things happen"!
Facts are facts. And the fact is - Athens is 3-13 this year. And one of their three wins is against Meigs. Take that as you will.
You can't put much thought into 84's comments. He's still sore about his buddy not getting the girls HC job. He's been lashing out at the current coach ever sense. The fact is Athens isn't very good and it's a really bad loss for Meigs.

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

Marauders19 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:13 pm Big win today as they handled Nelsoville.. Mallory definitely deserves Tvc player of year. She completely dominated the game on both ends…
Look, I know how passionate mom's can be. But you have to open your eyes and look beyond your daughter. There are players at least as good as her playing on better teams. So take your mommy glasses off and open your mind. It will be exhilarating to actually notice how much talent there is in the league this year.

Marauders19
Freshman Team

Post by Marauders19 »

After leaving this gym tonight I still have the same opinion!!! Mallory Holly is the best player in the Tvc but also will admit that Bartoe will win the mvp award she continues to make Vinton County the next level… Great battle tonight lady Marauders !!! Proud of your hard work

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Marauders19 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:49 pm After leaving this gym tonight I still have the same opinion!!! Mallory Holly is the best player in the Tvc but also will admit that Bartoe will win the mvp award she continues to make Vinton County the next level… Great battle tonight lady Marauders !!! Proud of your hard work
Great effort. Mallory is very talented, as I said. Will win a lot of awards. Just not POY. Good for her for staying at Meigs and playing sports at her home school. I have a lot of respect for that.

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Marauders19 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:49 pm After leaving this gym tonight I still have the same opinion!!! Mallory Holly is the best player in the Tvc but also will admit that Bartoe will win the mvp award she continues to make Vinton County the next level… Great battle tonight lady Marauders !!! Proud of your hard work
Don't act like you don't know how to spell your last name MS Hawley

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Way to go lady Vikes!!!!

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

I guess we wait and see how the Marauders do Vs. Alex

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

How did they do with Sheridan?

BRING BACK The used car salesman/part time football manager!
itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

The Ultimate Lancer wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:31 am How did they do with Sheridan?
Not good Got BEAT by 47

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Can the VC girls beat Sheridan?

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:09 pm Can the VC girls beat Sheridan?
If Sheridan played like they did Saturday, VC will get beat by 25

Solomon
Freshman Team

Post by Solomon »

Bartoe without a doubt! She averaged over 23 points in TVC games. Trust me, Hawley, Grinstead, or Hurd, could NOT hold Bartoe’s sports bra.

Return to “Girls Basketball”