Player of the year

#Girlsrule
Riding the Bench

Re: Player of the year

Post by #Girlsrule »

https://www.sosaohio.com/2022/02/08/hun ... _G-yjZ0Css

Bayse officially POY for the 3rd time. Congratulations and very deserving…

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Marauders19 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:13 am Good player if she played in the Tvc she would definitely be in our top 5.
Good player?
3 time SVC player of the year. Over 2,000 points scored and still going. D1 scholarship next year to play college basketball.
And just a good player? TVC top 5?
Sure. 🤷‍♂️
By the way she's also all SVC in volleyball and softball. Over 1,000 kills in volleyball.

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

#Girlsrule wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:44 am https://www.sosaohio.com/2022/02/08/hun ... _G-yjZ0Css

Bayse officially POY for the 3rd time. Congratulations and very deserving…
I would also like to congratulate Bayse. Got to make the trip up to Frankfort and she was efficient and outstanding as usual. 36 points, but the final 5 points was on a steal and finish down 2 points, to tie the game in the final minute and then hit the buzzer beater 3, to win the game. She closed it out like a true player of the year. Bravo. Well deserved!

PorchDog90
Waterboy

Post by PorchDog90 »

Marauders19 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:13 am Good player if she played in the Tvc she would definitely be in our top 5.
Comments like that make the TVC players an fans look bad!!!Just like your constant rant that Mallory should be TVC Ohio POY. Good player but not POY!!!!

Marauders19
Freshman Team

Post by Marauders19 »

The Tvc simply has the best talent in southeastern Ohio as a whole. If you don’t like that statement I’m sorry Truth is the truth. This league has 5 or 6 possibly candidates. No other league can touch this talent pool in the class of 2022… that we have in the tvc. If your feelings are hurt just watch this tournament progress.

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Marauders19 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:54 pm The Tvc simply has the best talent in southeastern Ohio as a whole. If you don’t like that statement I’m sorry Truth is the truth. This league has 5 or 6 possibly candidates. No other league can touch this talent pool in the class of 2022… that we have in the tvc. If your feelings are hurt just watch this tournament progress.
Truth is definitely truth. But, in this case, you are stating opinion. Do not get the two confused. Your opinion is your opinion. Here is Bayse's numbers in her final 8 games against her top competition!

ADENA 36 points and 7 rebounds
North Adams 22 points and 19 rebounds
PAINT VALLEY 40 points and 22 rebounds and 4 blocks
UNIOTO 38 points and 18 rebounds
Fairfield 30 points and 5 rebounds
Miami Trace 38 points and 15 rebounds and 4 steals
South Point 28 points 7 rebounds and 3 assists
Lynchburg Clay 32 points and 9 rebounds

One said earlier, what do you do in the big games? Do you fold or do you play your best? Bayse is legit. She can score at all levels. Deep range. Great mid range and can get to the rim. She crashes the glass as well as any guard around. Once again, opinion. But, this is my opinion. She deserves the argument. Have a good one y'all.

60ft
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft »

Bayse had a great year with the whole Huntington team. I think a lot of people don’t give Coach Uhrig a lot of credit. He is the real MVP team of Huntington. When you try to get other girls involved in the game it’s hard when you have Bayse shooting 80 percent shot and scoring 80 percent too. I still think it should’ve been a CO Player of the year. Both girls put up great numbers against the top teams in there conference. Vinton County Cameron Zinn is my vote for player of the year. She does everything for Vinton County

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

60ft wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:46 am Bayse had a great year with the whole Huntington team. I think a lot of people don’t give Coach Uhrig a lot of credit. He is the real MVP team of Huntington. When you try to get other girls involved in the game it’s hard when you have Bayse shooting 80 percent shot and scoring 80 percent too. I still think it should’ve been a CO Player of the year. Both girls put up great numbers against the top teams in there conference. Vinton County Cameron Zinn is my vote for player of the year. She does everything for Vinton County
I agree, coach Uhrig has done a great job. Huntington girls seem all in, together. Can't be easy to keep role players positive and attitudes in check, when one player is going to and should, dominate the ball like Bayse. Job well done.

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Agreed. Coach Uhrig has done a fantastic job. Huntington peaking at the right time!

#Girlsrule
Riding the Bench

Post by #Girlsrule »

Anyone know when they release POY for other leagues? I think SOC I & II is further into tourney play but not sure about TVC, SHAC, and others.

kram
Varsity

Post by kram »

Kelli Stewart has to be in this conversation in the SOC 2

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

#Girlsrule wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:33 pm Anyone know when they release POY for other leagues? I think SOC I & II is further into tourney play but not sure about TVC, SHAC, and others.
The TVC releases the POY and all league after the last team is done playing. Usually it gets leaked before then though.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
#Girlsrule
Riding the Bench

Post by #Girlsrule »

Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:06 pm
#Girlsrule wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:33 pm Anyone know when they release POY for other leagues? I think SOC I & II is further into tourney play but not sure about TVC, SHAC, and others.
The TVC releases the POY and all league after the last team is done playing. Usually it gets leaked before then though.
That’s what I thought. I think the SVC is about the only league who releases that info shortly after the regular season ends but I wasn’t sure.

#Girlsrule
Riding the Bench

Post by #Girlsrule »

kram wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:38 am Kelli Stewart has to be in this conversation in the SOC 2
Who’d be your top three, Kram. I’m curious.

60ft
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft »

#Girlsrule wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:55 pm
kram wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:38 am Kelli Stewart has to be in this conversation in the SOC 2
SOC2 1. Alaina Keeney from Burg 2. Bri Claxton from Webster 3. Kelli Stewart from Waverly

kram
Varsity

Post by kram »

60ft wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:59 pm
SOC2 1. Alaina Keeney from Burg 2. Bri Claxton from Webster 3. Kelli Stewart from Waverly
Same 3 here but Claxon ahead of Keeney

#Girlsrule
Riding the Bench

Post by #Girlsrule »

https://www.sosaohio.com/2022/02/16/blo ... c-qX1WDCww

MSL- Buckeye’s player of the year is Bloom Carroll’s Emily Bratton.

#Girlsrule
Riding the Bench

Post by #Girlsrule »

kram wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:00 pm

I agree with you, kram. Claxon is also my #1 for SOC II POY.

#Girlsrule
Riding the Bench

Post by #Girlsrule »

https://woub.org/2022/02/23/tri-valley- ... UNiTaVk-So

Congratulations to Marlee Grinstead (Alexander) and Cara Taylor (Waterford) on being the POY in the TVC Ohio and Hocking.

reds4life
Waterboy

Post by reds4life »

#Girlsrule wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:12 pm
kram wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:00 pm

I agree with you, kram. Claxon is also my #1 for SOC II POY.
Yes. I am surprised this is even a debate. Claxon guards the other teams best player more times than not, is the teams primary ball handler, is the best passer and probably leads in assists, hustles like crazy, and still probably averages double the points per game than the others despite nightly junk defenses and double teams. Heck I have seen her direct traffic when a play breaks down into a decent quick hitter for points. I am not sure what more she can do for her team other than drive the bus home.

Return to “Girls Basketball”