Fairland beat Peebles by 43

Fairfield beat Fairland by 16

Tonight with 5 minutes left it was Fairfield 44, Whiteoak 41….at Fairfield

Matchups, inconsistencies, improvements, coaching

sinjinian
Freshman Team

Re: Any given night…

Post by sinjinian »

I think if all those games mentioned were played again, all outcomes would be the same with the exception of Fairfield vs Fairland and margin of victory of the first two games would be less.

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

all about match ups

DragonFan33
Waterboy

Post by DragonFan33 »

Can we also comment on how the Fairland v Fairfield game was played on a 68 foot floor in Indiana with Fairfield starting all 5 returning starters and mostly seniors against a Fairland team with 3 new starters, every player being underclassmen!?! And it happens Thanksgiving weekend.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

DragonFan33 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:33 pm Can we also comment on how the Fairland v Fairfield game was played on a 68 foot floor in Indiana with Fairfield starting all 5 returning starters and mostly seniors against a Fairland team with 3 new starters, every player being underclassmen!?! And it happens Thanksgiving weekend.
Can if you want. Was it not Thanksgiving in another state for Fairfield? 16 point win is decent size win. The game 100% counts. Right now I’m picking Fairland over Fairfield…but it doesn’t take a thing away from the 16 point win in late November.

DragonFan33
Waterboy

Post by DragonFan33 »

Not saying at all that the game doesn’t count. Fairfield was better that day 3 months ago. I am saying that it’s not as big a deal as maybe what some want to believe. Do people think because Adena beat Eastern Brown that they are better than Eastern? Adena has the head to head so….

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

DragonFan33 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:02 pm Not saying at all that the game doesn’t count. Fairfield was better that day 3 months ago. I am saying that it’s not as big a deal as maybe what some want to believe. Do people think because Adena beat Eastern Brown that they are better than Eastern? Adena has the head to head so….
I just stated the scores above…didn’t say anyone was better than anyone else. The scores I showed would leave some to believe Fairfield should’ve beaten Whiteoak by 102 lol but it was almost tied in the 4th quarter. I was showing on any given night and how much matchups and coaching and everything else are factors, not just comparing scores. The boys forum is ate up with it a bit.

I also just said that right now I’m picking Fairland over Fairfield….so that should answer your Eastern Brown vs Adena question. Also…Fairland beat Peebles by 43, I mentioned that….kinda thought that alone offset the loss to Fairfield. Peebles lost to Eastern Brown by 2….so clearly Fairland is 41 points better than Eastern Brown.

BigCatBuck
Waterboy

Post by BigCatBuck »

The beauty of sports is the "any given night" possibility. Great to have competitive teams that can go back and forth with one another!
You can't assume the outcome of one game based on the relative scores of another. With so much going on with Covid interruptions, a win is a win, especially from today forward. We will see who handles the pressure and circumstances of it all. Good Luck to all in tourney time!

Return to “Girls Basketball”