Saturday,2/19 games and scores

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: Saturday,2/19 games and scores

Post by smurray »

Last game of the night at Waverly 15:00 minutes away - Fairland vs New Lexington

Winners of the first three:
Wheelersburg
Fairfield
Eastern Brown

letsgored
Waterboy

Post by letsgored »

soggybottomtopper wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:38 pm Did I see this score correct? Sheridan 82 Meigs 35. Can anyone confirm?
Confirmed, running clock from the 1st bucket of the 3rd quarter on the 1st possession to the final buzzer.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Think they legit called 17ish fouls on them in the first half

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

7 minutes to tip last game of the night at Piketon
Thimble vs Symmes

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

20-11 Thimble after 1

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Trimbles gonna win this one big

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:10 pm
Hoopie74 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:56 pm Three of Peebles girls had 3 fouls in 1st half. Johnson had two fouls in the first 2 minutes of the game.Johnson and Morrison had 4 fouls each starting the 4th.I hate it when officials want to be the star of the game. Waterford is a very good team with a great coach ,but; he intimidates the refs awful .
I can see Moore getting into foul trouble but Morrison doesn’t play that way and Johnson 2 fouls early just sounds almost unbelievable
Took our whole offense away . So much for tournament officials allowing them to play. Pretty blatant. Even the video guy was laughing at a few of the calls. Morrison had two breakaways first half,got tackled by two players from behind and got called for traveling. I'm done with it. One College scout was livid. He couldn't even scout players cause it was so bad. If the previous game was called like that,South Webster and Paint valley would have finished with mascots.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:18 pm Think they legit called 17ish fouls on them in the first half
I've always heard they let you play from district on. That crew blew that myth to pieces.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Trimble up by 40 right now

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

I agree it was awful hoopie.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:32 pm I agree it was awful hoopie.
Same thing last year in the elite 8 game against Waterford. Justice fouled out 6 minutes left after sitting the entire second quarter with 3.I think this is the first time I've complained about officials. We need to get more officials to sign up, I've seen some great crews this year and a few questionable ones. Maybe pay better to get some good crews back in the sport. The college coach there was embarrassed. Your Webster girls were the best 5 I saw today. I watched all but the last game. I was too pissed to stay. The First guy tossed after half from somewhere else. They tossed him so his buddy said hey toss me cause I'm going too and laughed his way out of the gym.haha!
Last edited by Hoopie74 on Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

If Hoopie is complaining…it must’ve been bad.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:41 pm If Hoopie is complaining…it must’ve been bad.
I'm sick. Have a great evening and safe travels one and all .

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

It was pretty bad yeah. The girl got tackled by two Waterford players and they called a travel on her lol. Lots of elbows and shoving going on. But they never once called waterfords point guard for hooking and we were standing on the top deck watching and seen it from a mile away.

Webster still the team to beat though.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:43 pm It was pretty bad yeah. The girl got tackled by two Waterford players and they called a travel on her lol. Lots of elbows and shoving going on. But they never once called waterfords point guard for hooking and we were standing on the top deck watching and seen it from a mile away.

Webster still the team to beat though.
South Webster has the best 5 for sure. #12 can be unstoppable. Hope they let you play. Good things will happen.

Chaw
Freshman Team

Post by Chaw »

Hoopie74 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:39 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:32 pm I agree it was awful hoopie.
Same thing last year in the elite 8 game against Waterford. Justice fouled out 6 minutes left after sitting the entire second quarter with 3.I think this is the first time I've complained about officials. We need to get more officials to sign up, I've seen some great crews this year and a few questionable ones. Maybe pay better to get some good crews back in the sport. The college coach there was embarrassed. Your Webster girls were the best 5 I saw today. I watched all but the last game. I was too pissed to stay. The First guy tossed after half from somewhere else. They tossed him so his buddy said hey toss me cause I'm going too and laughed his way out of the gym.haha!
so you're saying Peebles would've won if they had better refs?....cmon man!!.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chaw
Freshman Team

Post by Chaw »

Seems to me the refs you had during the season wasnt calling your games correctly all season and the stuff you got away with before didnt work in the game. Dont put it on the tourney refs...they are the best in the state. with that being said , they are human and do make mistakes. However, I do not think that a few missed calls , nor a few calls that didnt go your way made a huge difference in this game. You got the unlucky draw to play Waterford in the tourney ands that in itself is a huge mountain to climb. The experience of playing in that kind of game in the last few years gives Waterford an advantage over alot of teams. The petty fouls get ignored and the defence played by any top tier team is suffocating. Your offense didnt work because you played a good team...not because someone had too many fouls.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

My thoughts after a long day at Piketon….

Most impressive team was South Gallia. 5 girls- freshman, 3 sophs and a senior-played the entire game, taking Notre Dame to overtime before the legs gave out. Coach impressed as well.

Most impressive player was Bri Claxon of South Webster.

Officiating overall was less than impressive. Peebles got in foul trouble literally from the opening tip. Was looking forward to seeing Johnson, but she spent much of the first half on the bench with 3 fouls.

The crowds were great, and we at Piketon appreciated the support of our junior high softball team thru the split the pots.

Looking forward to Friday night. Waterford/Notre Dame and Trimble/South Webster.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Chaw wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:41 am Seems to me the refs you had during the season wasnt calling your games correctly all season and the stuff you got away with before didnt work in the game. Dont put it on the tourney refs...they are the best in the state. with that being said , they are human and do make mistakes. However, I do not think that a few missed calls , nor a few calls that didnt go your way made a huge difference in this game. You got the unlucky draw to play Waterford in the tourney ands that in itself is a huge mountain to climb. The experience of playing in that kind of game in the last few years gives Waterford an advantage over alot of teams. The petty fouls get ignored and the defence played by any top tier team is suffocating. Your offense didnt work because you played a good team...not because someone had too many fouls.
You obviously weren’t there to see it.
It was laughable how they called Peebles. I wasn’t impressed at all with Waterford but Peebles entire offense was on the bench in foul trouble.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:41 am
Chaw wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:41 am Seems to me the refs you had during the season wasnt calling your games correctly all season and the stuff you got away with before didnt work in the game. Dont put it on the tourney refs...they are the best in the state. with that being said , they are human and do make mistakes. However, I do not think that a few missed calls , nor a few calls that didnt go your way made a huge difference in this game. You got the unlucky draw to play Waterford in the tourney ands that in itself is a huge mountain to climb. The experience of playing in that kind of game in the last few years gives Waterford an advantage over alot of teams. The petty fouls get ignored and the defence played by any top tier team is suffocating. Your offense didnt work because you played a good team...not because someone had too many fouls.
You obviously weren’t there to see it.
It was laughable how they called Peebles. I wasn’t impressed at all with Waterford but Peebles entire offense was on the bench in foul trouble.
Best team there yesterday was The Jeeps. Hope they allow them to play going forward. Safe travels to all .

Return to “Girls Basketball”