Saturday,2/19 games and scores

Geronimo
SEOP

Re: Saturday,2/19 games and scores

Post by Geronimo »

South Gallia will be strong next season !!!

Chaw
Freshman Team

Post by Chaw »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:41 am
Chaw wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:41 am Seems to me the refs you had during the season wasnt calling your games correctly all season and the stuff you got away with before didnt work in the game. Dont put it on the tourney refs...they are the best in the state. with that being said , they are human and do make mistakes. However, I do not think that a few missed calls , nor a few calls that didnt go your way made a huge difference in this game. You got the unlucky draw to play Waterford in the tourney ands that in itself is a huge mountain to climb. The experience of playing in that kind of game in the last few years gives Waterford an advantage over alot of teams. The petty fouls get ignored and the defence played by any top tier team is suffocating. Your offense didnt work because you played a good team...not because someone had too many fouls.
You obviously weren’t there to see it.
It was laughable how they called Peebles. I wasn’t impressed at all with Waterford but Peebles entire offense was on the bench in foul trouble.
was all those fouls from the girls sitting on the bench incorrect calls or just a few?...I mean it was a fifteen pt difference...perhaps they were playing a little too aggressive for this game which proves my point about getting away with such play earlier in the season...adjusting to how a game is called is part of the game...little adjustments in gameplay go a long way at this level and I don't think the refs were out to call a bad game or they could be intimidated by a coach...and no I was not there however listened to it via radio...who never said anything to that effect except they fouled. I'm not saying the calls weren't one sided, just that the refs weren't the reason. There is a fine line between playing aggressive and too aggressive. The players must find that line in every game.

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

letsgored wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:18 pm
soggybottomtopper wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:38 pm Did I see this score correct? Sheridan 82 Meigs 35. Can anyone confirm?
Confirmed, running clock from the 1st bucket of the 3rd quarter on the 1st possession to the final buzzer.
Impressive!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Chaw wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:39 am
Chaw wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:41 am Seems to me the refs you had during the season wasnt calling your games correctly all season and the stuff you got away with before didnt work in the game. Dont put it on the tourney refs...they are the best in the state. with that being said , they are human and do make mistakes. However, I do not think that a few missed calls , nor a few calls that didnt go your way made a huge difference in this game. You got the unlucky draw to play Waterford in the tourney ands that in itself is a huge mountain to climb. The experience of playing in that kind of game in the last few years gives Waterford an advantage over alot of teams. The petty fouls get ignored and the defence played by any top tier team is suffocating. Your offense didnt work because you played a good team...not because someone had too many fouls.
It was laughable how they called Peebles. I wasn’t impressed at all with Waterford but Peebles entire offense was on the bench in foul trouble.
was all those fouls from the girls sitting on the bench incorrect calls or just a few?...I mean it was a fifteen pt difference...perhaps they were playing a little too aggressive for this game which proves my point about getting away with such play earlier in the season...adjusting to how a game is called is part of the game...little adjustments in gameplay go a long way at this level and I don't think the refs were out to call a bad game or they could be intimidated by a coach...and no I was not there however listened to it via radio...who never said anything to that effect except they fouled. I'm not saying the calls weren't one sided, just that the refs weren't the reason. There is a fine line between playing aggressive and too aggressive. The players must find that line in every game.
Of course they aren’t going to comment about it on the radio. They can’t say these refs suck ass on the radio. I can say it though and hoopie said it too. it was a 2 point game until about a minute to go till half time. Again I’m a Jeep fan and couldn’t care less who won the game but that’s the way I and my friend saw it

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Watched it on video this morning. Peebles thought they were playing football 🏈 running over people. Charge before halftime was harder than some hits I saw in football. Peebles was out of control all night long. Get better, is what I learned from watching this game.

thebarlowbandit
All State

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:06 pm
Chaw wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:39 am

Of course they aren’t going to comment about it on the radio. They can’t say these refs suck ass on the radio. I can say it though and hoopie said it too. it was a 2 point game until about a minute to go till half time. Again I’m a Jeep fan and couldn’t care less who won the game but that’s the way I and my friend saw it
I bet if Peebles was playing Webster like they did Waterford you’d be clamoring for foul calls when Peebles is slamming Claxton to the floor like Peebles was doing to the Waterford girls.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Did one ref make most of the calls against Peebles?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:04 pm Did one ref make most of the calls against Peebles?
I don’t think so. It was two men and a woman calling it. The woman did the best job lol. WH and someone else didn’t catch his name 👎🏻

thebarlowbandit
All State

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:47 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:04 pm Did one ref make most of the calls against Peebles?
I don’t think so. It was two men and a woman calling it. The woman did the best job lol. WH and someone else didn’t catch his name 👎🏻
In the 21st century, you have any video evidence of all this. Just move on. You have a long history of “I don’t complain about officiating, but”.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

thebarlowbandit wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:18 pm
In the 21st century, you have any video evidence of all this. Just move on. You have a long history of “I don’t complain about officiating, but”.
Go back to the convo and keep the stripes off

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

Not trying to start any arguments, any controversy or anything negative, but I would love to hear thoughts from thoughtful girls basketball fans. I sat watching the end of the North Adams/Burg girls game Saturday and actually spoke to a few fans at the game in real time. I thought North Adams did a phenomenal job of putting themselves in position to win this game. I can't help but think about the final :20 seconds however. Did anyone else think that North Adams should have used a time out to set up one final shot? As it was, the North Adams girls took an early shot, allowing the Burg to take the final and game winning shot. Before we get into hind sight, myself and another fan were saying to each other that they need a timeout. North Adams was facing an extended zone and seemed out of sync, a time out just seemed the way to go. Plus, you have to take the final shot in a tie game and at worst it goes to overtime. Just my thoughts. Anyone else see this ending and have a take?

thebarlowbandit
All State

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:10 pm
thebarlowbandit wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:18 pm

Go back to the convo and keep the stripes off
So you can’t produce video evidence. Just like to bump your gums. Maybe you should become an official, I bet you could use the exercise.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

soggybottomtopper wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:36 pm Not trying to start any arguments, any controversy or anything negative, but I would love to hear thoughts from thoughtful girls basketball fans. I sat watching the end of the North Adams/Burg girls game Saturday and actually spoke to a few fans at the game in real time. I thought North Adams did a phenomenal job of putting themselves in position to win this game. I can't help but think about the final :20 seconds however. Did anyone else think that North Adams should have used a time out to set up one final shot? As it was, the North Adams girls took an early shot, allowing the Burg to take the final and game winning shot. Before we get into hind sight, myself and another fan were saying to each other that they need a timeout. North Adams was facing an extended zone and seemed out of sync, a time out just seemed the way to go. Plus, you have to take the final shot in a tie game and at worst it goes to overtime. Just my thoughts. Anyone else see this ending and have a take?
Feel like the Bengals on the final drive….on 2nd and 1 with clock ticking Burrow and everyone seemed a bit confused on what play with a minute left and 2 timeouts.

On the basketball one….if the shot is a close good one it may be the shot to take but mostly I’m holding for the last shot

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

I just rewatched the first half of the game Saturday.

Here is the link..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NJaYLHGqds

Johnson's 2nd foul was close. It was in transition and she moved late but it could have went either way. Her 1st and 3rd were no doubters and the film proves that.

Both illegal screens were 100%. Both offensive foul calls were correct.

There was a call on the baseline that looked soft, but they also passed on 4-5 others that could have been called on Peebles.

I would like to know what other calls were so awful that people are still talking about it 4 days later.

Appointed
Waterboy

Post by Appointed »

:shock: :shock:
Crab's Brother wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:25 pm I just rewatched the first half of the game Saturday.

Here is the link..

Johnson's 2nd foul was close. It was in transition and she moved late but it could have went either way. Her 1st and 3rd were no doubters and the film proves that.

There was a call on the baseline that looked soft, but they also passed on 4-5 others that could have been called on Peebles.

I would like to know what other calls were so awful that people are still talking about it 4 days later.
This post has too much substance to be made here!
Kinda nice for a change!

thebarlowbandit
All State

Crab's Brother wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:25 pm I just rewatched the first half of the game Saturday.

Here is the link..

Finally video evidence and notice the ghost (who spent a TON of time on the pine) hides.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

thebarlowbandit wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:43 pm

Here is the link..

Finally video evidence and notice the ghost (who spent a TON of time on the pine) hides.
I’m laid up in between some grade A thighs right now. I’ll deal with you tomorrow

thebarlowbandit
All State

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:11 pm

Here is the link..

I’m laid up in between some grade A thighs right now. I’ll deal with you tomorrow
Must be some bad chicken 🍗 if you are taking the time out to be on a fan board. Of course a person in your shape probably needs a break, at the urging of your family doctor and cardiologist.
Last edited by thebarlowbandit on Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rutter lover
JV Team

Post by Rutter lover »

Here is the link..

The Swanker been talking stupidity all week and now he is speechless. SW came in to the game thinking they would win and The lady Cats came in knowing they would win. They beat the brakes off the Jeeps!

thebarlowbandit
All State

Rutter lover wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:51 pm

The Swanker been talking stupidity all week and now he is speechless. SW came in to the game thinking they would win and The lady Cats came in knowing they would win. They beat the brakes off the Jeeps!

Give him a break, he’s eating some chicken 🍗 wings right now. Funny how he all the sudden he don’t care. All these strong opinions. Then brakes get beat off and he’s at roosters 🐔 with his boys.

Return to “Girls Basketball”