Whose going to fill their shoes?

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Whose going to fill their shoes?

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Being a fan of high school girls basketball in the Ross County, Pike County, and neighboring areas. A lot of teams are senior heavy. A lot of really good seniors in girls basketball, and teams will be losing a ton of production.
All time leading scorers, rebounder, block shots, 4 year starters, 1000 point clubs, league championships, tourney runs, etc.
Who is going to fill their shoes? Are their players in the program in waiting, or no definite answer to how to fill their void?

60ft
Freshman Team

Re: Whose going to fill their shoes?

Post by 60ft »

1. Harding from Chillicothe going be a senior
2. Vulgamore from Waverly going be a senior
3. Kennedy from Piketon going be a senior
4. Dye and McFadden from Paint Valley going be a senior
5. Pernell from southeastern going be a junior
6. Garrisons, Williams, Ater and Sowers from Adena. Three juniors and a sophomore
7. Betts, Uhrig and Book from Unioto all going to be juniors
The incoming freshman ( Diaper Dandy’s ) Miley Smith and Maggie Holbart ) from unioto.
8. Carpenter, Davis and Walburn from Jackson and all juniors
SVC PLAYER OF THE YEAR will be Garrisons and FAC PLAYER OF THE YEAR will be Harding
Top scorers in the SVC Garrisons, Pernell, Betts and Smith
Top scorers in the FAC Harding and Carpenter
SVC CHAMPS UNIOTO and FAC Champs Jackson

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

How do you replace a player like Bayse at Huntington?
You don't. They will have to adjust to a more balanced approach.
PV is losing a couple good seniors who led them to an outstanding season, all time leading rebounder in ross County. Can't replace it.
SE is losing two post players with a lot of experience. Guards will be back. I have heard about two sisters in the jr high that are really good post players.
Unioto losing Miller, can't replace her as a player or leader.
VC girls have four or five seniors, how is their jv? Can't expect anybody to fill those seniors shoes.
Trimble, same way as VC. Senior loaded.

60ft
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft »

Know one is going to be like Bayse on scoring until Miley smith will be a junior or a senior. She 6’0 guard can shoot and take her man off the dribble. I think the SVC is going be more balance and better basketball. Several teams had a lot younger girls playing. SVC the last two years was ugly basketball. I watched several teams play against other conference.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

60ft wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:05 pm Know one is going to be like Bayse on scoring until Miley smith will be a junior or a senior. She 6’0 guard can shoot and take her man off the dribble. I think the SVC is going be more balance and better basketball. Several teams had a lot younger girls playing. SVC the last two years was ugly basketball. I watched several teams play against other conference.
SVC look great against each other this year, but struggled in the tournament. I agree, it will be a lot fun to watch next year.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Are there any VC people on here anymore?
What about Trimble?
I know both teams are still playing, but how will the schools replace their seniors? How are the jv teams? Any info?

Return to “Girls Basketball”