Trimble Lady Cats v. Woodsfield

Gray Cat
Varsity

Trimble Lady Cats v. Woodsfield

Post by Gray Cat »

The Lady Cats have earned their spot in the regional, no sunrise there. Anyone know anything about Woodsfield? The only thing I've heard is that they "got lucky." Will this be any test at all for Trimble, or another walk in the park like the SW game was?

Fanatic
Varsity

Re: Trimble Lady Cats v. Woodsfield

Post by Fanatic »

2 weeks before Trimble got beat by Waterford by 22, Monroe central lost to Waterford by 11.

Tigerpride22
Waterboy

Post by Tigerpride22 »

Monroe Central not WOODSFIELD.
I wouldn’t say they “got lucky”, I would say they played well enough to win.
Monroe Central was within 2 to 3 points of Waterford until the last 1:30 of the game.

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Fanatic wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:35 pm 2 weeks before Trimble got beat by Waterford by 22, Monroe central lost to Waterford by 11.
Good to know. If they couldn't beat Waterford then we shouldn't have a whole lot to worry about. Do they have a presence in the paint? If not it will be a long night for them.

Tigerpride22
Waterboy

Post by Tigerpride22 »

You are right. You all can probably win D1 without a problem. Monroe Central has a bunch of 5 foot girls that can not dribble or shoot and play no D. They were just handed the district title because everyone felt sorry for them.

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Tigerpride22 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:57 am You are right. You all can probably win D1 without a problem. Monroe Central has a bunch of 5 foot girls that can not dribble or shoot and play no D. They were just handed the district title because everyone felt sorry for them.
They're in trouble then. The Lady Cats are on a mission. 44 will dominate is my prediction. Go Lady Cats.

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Not much talk about this game. I'm guessing everyone knows the inevitable is about to happen with the Lady Cats running away with another win. I'm sure Woodsfield realizes their run is about over too. One step closer to "winning it all."
Last edited by Gray Cat on Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sportsfan01
JV Team

Post by Sportsfan01 »

I think this will be a close game. I could see it going either way.

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Sportsfan01 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:11 pm I think this will be a close game. I could see it going either way.
Come on man. You gotta be kidding, right?

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Does anyone know anything about Woodsfield?

Tigerpride22
Waterboy

Post by Tigerpride22 »

Gray Kitty, You must be in that 99% of the addicted to Meth or Oxy in the Trimble area. Get a life. i bet you were one of those jock sniffers back in your day.
Transplant, they have a nice team, not deep but very competitive and will give all they have every night.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Thanks, i mean making it this far they are at least good i assume. Guard oriented? solid post presence? I know nothing about trimble either really, just trying to have some educated discussion about the actual game itself.

Broad Street
Riding the Bench

Post by Broad Street »

In the next 5 minutes. I could create a new user name, claim that I'm from Ironton (I am not), and start posting a bunch of garbage just to stir things up. Don't immediately assume that the person you're dealing with is being honest about their affiliations. Just saying.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

I know what you are saying. It's crazy on here. Yes, the Lady Cats are on a roll and are the favorites in this game. I look for a double digit victory.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
Tigerpride22
Waterboy

Post by Tigerpride22 »

Monroe is pretty solid all around, they just do not have the depth. The top 6 are solid and a few Freshman coming off of the bench

RadioLady
Riding the Bench

Post by RadioLady »

It will be a great game with Woodsfield. Hope the ladies can crank out a win.

Tigerpride22
Waterboy

Post by Tigerpride22 »

We can only hope. This is new territory for Monroe Central. They will be prepared but who know for what. HAHA

Justy
Riding the Bench

Post by Justy »

Tigerpride22 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:26 pm We can only hope. This is new territory for Monroe Central. They will be prepared but who know for what. HAHA
VC handled Trimble fairly easily. You should reach out to get a copy of that game tape. Could be beneficial.

Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

I have to say Thimble should win this one. But if they get Waterford next, look out. Jerry will have a game plan for them, so Thimble's coach better be burning the midnight oil at Howdee's house every night getting coached up if he really is calling the shots now. :mrgreen:

Celebrating wins over the most hated.
Tigerpride22
Waterboy

Post by Tigerpride22 »

I am just hoping to see a good game. Win or lose, both teams need to be proud of what they have done this year.

Return to “Girls Basketball”