Trimble vs Waterford regional final

Roy Mcavoy
Freshman Team

Trimble vs Waterford regional final

Post by Roy Mcavoy »

Round 3, teams split regular season. This one is for a spot in the final 4. Will the Tomcats make history and get to their first Final 4 ever, or will Waterford's experience and history carry them to another final 4? Should be a good one

Greatest 12 in US Open History
Gray Cat
Varsity

Re: Trimble vs Waterford regional final

Post by Gray Cat »

The Lady Cats are more focused than when they lost to Waterford. This one really counts so they will come out and take care of business, thus making history. I look for this game to be more like the first match up where Waterford stuck around for a while but the talent of Trimble was just too much for Waterford to overcome down the stretch. I'll take Trimble by 10 pulling away late.

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

Going with the Cats (The Wildcats) from across the Muskingum River 8-) :mrgreen:

Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye2021 »

Gray Cat wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:47 am The Lady Cats are more focused than when they lost to Waterford. This one really counts so they will come out and take care of business, thus making history. I look for this game to be more like the first match up where Waterford stuck around for a while but the talent of Trimble was just too much for Waterford to overcome down the stretch. I'll take Trimble by 10 pulling away late.
I’m not sure about the confidence about a double digit win to a team that beat you by 22 a little over a month ago , I look for a low scoring defensive game

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Buckeye2021 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:03 am
Gray Cat wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:47 am The Lady Cats are more focused than when they lost to Waterford. This one really counts so they will come out and take care of business, thus making history. I look for this game to be more like the first match up where Waterford stuck around for a while but the talent of Trimble was just too much for Waterford to overcome down the stretch. I'll take Trimble by 10 pulling away late.
I’m not sure about the confidence about a double digit win to a team that beat you by 22 a little over a month ago , I look for a low scoring defensive game
It's a whole different team they'll be facing this time around. Better coaching and the players are more focused. This is the real Trimble team that had disappeared for a while late in the season. More like the one that beat Waterford in the first match up, but even better with the uptick in coaching.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

Trimble girls you got this. Use your size inside to dominate the much smaller green team. When they try to stop you inside kill them with the 3's. They'll have no answers if you play the way you can, and you'll make history. Go Cats, Trimble Prid.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye2021 »

Gray Cat wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:31 am
It's a whole different team they'll be facing this time around. Better coaching and the players are more focused. This is the real Trimble team that had disappeared for a while late in the season. More like the one that beat Waterford in the first match up, but even better with the uptick in coaching.
If lady cats keep Trimble under 40 I like there chances for their 6th reginal title , over 40 to 50 a toss up game over 50 favors Trimble

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

Buckeye2021 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:24 am

If lady cats keep Trimble under 40 I like there chances for their 6th reginal title , over 40 to 50 a toss up game over 50 favors Trimble
Well we've scored over 50 in every tournament game so far and I look for more of the same. So I guess the real Lady Cats, Trimble, should have no problem based on your comments.

Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye2021 »

Tomcat Queen wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:33 am

Well we've scored over 50 in every tournament game so far and I look for more of the same. So I guess the real Lady Cats, Trimble, should have no problem based on your comments.
Not so fast queen. In the loss to Waterford and Richie county you were held under 40. How Trimble or Waterford played in the previous tournament games will have no bearing on this one . I hope the tomcats go in as confident as you to a team who has dominated since jerry became the coach

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

Buckeye2021 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:46 am
Tomcat Queen wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:33 am
Not so fast queen. In the loss to Waterford and Richie county you were held under 40. How Trimble or Waterford played in the previous tournament games will have no bearing on this one . I hope the tomcats go in as confident as you to a team who has dominated since jerry became the coach
Jerry might be a great coach but he can only coach the players he has. This year Trimble just has too much more talent than Wateford for any coaching to make up for it. I'll give those Waterford girls credit they play hard, but our girls are just better this year. If both teams play their best game the Lady Cats from Trimble will win by a pretty good bit.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Comes down to coaching in these big moments so I'm taking Waterford by 5

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

bbjunky81 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:19 pm Comes down to coaching in these big moments so I'm taking Waterford by 5
I agree with you that when the talent is equal it comes down to coaching. But the talent is lopsided in this one. But you'll see when it's all said and done.

Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye2021 »

Gray Cat wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:26 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:19 pm Comes down to coaching in these big moments so I'm taking Waterford by 5
I agree with you that when the talent is equal it comes down to coaching. But the talent is lopsided in this one. But you'll see when it's all said and done.
Jerry must be the best coach since John wooden to take such a untalented bunch and beat the ultra talented tomcats by 22 lol

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Buckeye2021 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:36 pm
Gray Cat wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:26 pm
Jerry must be the best coach since John wooden to take such a untalented bunch and beat the ultra talented tomcats by 22 lol
Every team gets lucky now and then, and most teams have a bad game or two. That game was a combination of both. But I like your confidence so you keep on thinking what you think and keep bringing up that 22 point game. That's good bulletin board material for our team and good for keeping your team over confident. Will see after the game Saturday if you dare come on here and if you are still jabbering about that game like it was your state Championship. :o

Beckster82
Riding the Bench

Post by Beckster82 »

Waterford has a great coach with a great record and Regional and State background. If Trimble comes out and plays like we all know they can they can beat Waterford. We have already beaten them once. I like the fact that the battle is two TVC Hocking Teams who everyone thinks there league is weak. So whoever wins I am sure they will be cheering on to represent the TVC Hocking. Go Cats!!

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Beckster82 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:50 pm Waterford has a great coach with a great record and Regional and State background. If Trimble comes out and plays like we all know they can they can beat Waterford. We have already beaten them once. I like the fact that the battle is two TVC Hocking Teams who everyone thinks there league is weak. So whoever wins I am sure they will be cheering on to represent the TVC Hocking. Go Cats!!
Kind of hard to say the league is weak with these two beating the brakes off of everyone in the tourney along with he state tourney appearances and wins by the teams in the league. Yes we will root for who ever wins this game. Like you said if they Lady Cats play to their abilities it's a foregone conclusion with the talent advantage.

Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye2021 »

Beckster82 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:50 pm Waterford has a great coach with a great record and Regional and State background. If Trimble comes out and plays like we all know they can they can beat Waterford. We have already beaten them once. I like the fact that the battle is two TVC Hocking Teams who everyone thinks there league is weak. So whoever wins I am sure they will be cheering on to represent the TVC Hocking. Go Cats!!
Well said , there is a Trimble with common sense and class

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

Buckeye2021 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:22 pm
Well said , there is a Trimble with common sense and class
Common sense? Class? Doubtful unless your definition of those includes screaming and cursing players and sending nasty emails about a player, team and coach. To each his own I guess.

BRING BACK The used car salesman/part time football manager!
Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

I think some of you light weight nimrods need a towel to cry on. If you can't take someone on here predicting that their team will beat the brakes off of your team then don't read it. And the Fed Hocker game has been over for quite a while now, so you can get over it any time now. The Lady Cats will beat the brakes off of Waterford is my prediction. There I said it, and "boo hoo," I said that for you who like to cry too so you don't have to. :o

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

This game is going to be awesome. I've been trying to follow both. I loved when Waterfords coach said after their last game that playing Trimble is what they want, and they are who Trimble wants. Should be a great game. I like Trimble in a close one due to their ability to beat you inside or out.
Good luck to both.

Return to “Girls Basketball”