Portsmouth lady Trojans

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Re: Portsmouth lady Trojans

Post by biggdowgg »

I agree Dave , should be another exciting season for the lady Trojans,and there not a better staff out there no where IMO.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Here is the home scrimmage schedule for the Lady Trojans:

Wed.May 17: vs. Tri State Pride (AAU team) 6 PM
Wed.May 24: vs. Unioto 6 PM
Sat. June 3: vs. Ashland (KY) 11 AM
Mon.June 5: vs. Russell (KY) 6 PM

If you can, come and watch these Lady Trojans because great things are ahead for these girls in 2023-24. Varsity team making it to the district final last season and now an incoming freshmen class that won OVC titles 2 years in a row going undefeated along the way.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Looking forward to watching this team play,it should be a fun season for sure

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Lady Trojans looked really good today vs. Ashland (KY). They played 6 quarters and won by about 20 points. The Tomcats made the Elite 8 last season, return almost all of their roster, and look like the type of team that the Trojans would see in the regionals. PHS was without Sienna Allen and Emily Cheatham, but still had 3 subs off the bench. The incoming freshmen for the Trojans, who put together 2 consecutive undefeated seasons in the OVC in JH, played very well.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Ashland is a very good team and with a deep bench ,I'm thinking they played at least 10 girls, Portsmouth played very well ,I was impressed with the defense.

They put some points up also, and this was with two starters missing......very excited to watch these girls play this coming year with the addition to the incoming freshman!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Another good scrimmage tonight against a very good Russell team who looks pretty solid and this was with out their best player from what we was told,the lady Trojans are looking good so far and the incoming freshman looks like they are fitting right on.

I couldn't stay for the entire scrimmage so Trojandave may chime in for more info

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

As biggdowgg mentioned, the Lady Trojans have a deeper bench of mostly freshmen which will be a huge boost to Coaches Amy and Mike Hughes. The girls coming off the bench are not just giving the starters rest, but also productive minutes at both ends of the court.

This will be a major factor in what should be a big year for PHS Lady Trojans basketball. Against West in the district championship last season, Coach Hughes could not sub liberally like she can this year. I believe the starters as a result wore down and the Senators took control of the game late in the 4th quarter.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

trojandave wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:27 pm As biggdowgg mentioned, the Lady Trojans have a deeper bench of mostly freshmen which will be a huge boost to Coaches Amy and Mike Hughes. The girls coming off the bench are not just giving the starters rest, but also productive minutes at both ends of the court.

This will be a major factor in what should be a big year for PHS Lady Trojans basketball. Against West in the district championship last season, Coach Hughes could not sub liberally like she can this year. I believe the starters as a result wore down and the Senators took control of the game late in the 4th quarter.
She won’t go very deep no matter what she has on the bench

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

fbnut: I have to disagree with you based on what I've seen so far this summer. Amy has used her bench to the max. There hasn't been one girl that hasn't seen PT, and most have seen meaningful minutes. What you've seen in the past won't necessarily be her MO next season.

The Lady Trojans went undefeated at the Raceland scrimmage, and went 2-2 in Columbus.

Cruise
Waterboy

Post by Cruise »

fbnut wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:32 pm
trojandave wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:27 pm As biggdowgg mentioned, the Lady Trojans have a deeper bench of mostly freshmen which will be a huge boost to Coaches Amy and Mike Hughes. The girls coming off the bench are not just giving the starters rest, but also productive minutes at both ends of the court.

Fbnut sounds like a jealous whelersburg fan. Is fbnut even from Whelersburg? Probably not. Jealous of The Trojans, that’s for sure.

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

Cruise wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:02 pm
fbnut wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:32 pm

Fbnut sounds like a jealous whelersburg fan. Is fbnut even from Whelersburg? Probably not. Jealous of The Trojans, that’s for sure.
Naw ,not jealous of the Trojans,he just hates the Hugh's

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

She'll use her bench if she has too.She benched starters in a regional championship game in 2006.So if you aren't getting it done, she'll find someone that will.

"I have a deep affection for the University of Pittsburgh.It is my University.I am proud to be a Pitt man.”-Jock Sutherland
biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

The lady Trojans won the two games they played in at Winchester Ky. This past week, sorry I don't know the other team they played other then Winchester,or the score.

Return to “Girls Basketball”