Portsmouth lady Trojans

Corner3
Riding the Bench

Re: Portsmouth lady Trojans

Post by Corner3 »

Jonjon wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:24 am Terrible look for the Jr. High lady Trojans last night. They may have won the conference, but they showed their true colors. That was disgusting and that girl needs suspended multiple games to start next year. That was unbelievable.
…so what happened?

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

Jonjon wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:24 am Terrible look for the Jr. High lady Trojans last night. They may have won the conference, but they showed their true colors. That was disgusting and that girl needs suspended multiple games to start next year. That was unbelievable.

Let me guess,your team lost ?

What did she do so bad that she " a junior high KID" do that she needs a life time ban?

Was she ejected from the game? I mean if it was that bad surely she was kicked out of the building.
Take your hate some where else!!

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

By the way from what I read ,they not only won the conference,they won it for the second year in a row with back to back undefeated seasons not even being challenged,how the hell did this monster make it through two years ??

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

It’s obvious you all did not watch the game. Anyone who did would have been appalled.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

For those of us that didn't watch the game, can you give us an overview? maybe a clip is out there?

Corner3
Riding the Bench

Post by Corner3 »

Jonjon wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:24 am It’s obvious you all did not watch the game. Anyone who did would have been appalled.
Didn’t watch the game… so what happened?

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

transplant wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:28 am For those of us that didn't watch the game, can you give us an overview? maybe a clip is out there?
I won’t mention the kids name. The kid stood over an opposing team player while she was on the ground and taunting her. She kicked the kid and then went absolutely ballistic when the kid from opposing team tried to kick her back. The opposing team player walked away while the girl from Portsmouth was going crazy trying to get to her. The ref was doing all she could to hold her back while holding her by the waist. It took the coach and another adult to run out and get in front of this player. One adult was covering the kids mouth up with her hand. The sheriff had to walk out onto the court due to how belligerent the Portsmouth player was acting to make sure she didn’t get away from the adults. If colleges see this from her it will definitely hurt in the long run. I’ve never been to a jr high or high school game and saw anyone act like that. And I’ve been to a lot of games. It was disgusting.

Corner3
Riding the Bench

Post by Corner3 »

Jonjon wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:01 pm
transplant wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:28 am For those of us that didn't watch the game, can you give us an overview? maybe a clip is out there?
I won’t mention the kids name. The kid stood over an opposing team player while she was on the ground and taunting her. She kicked the kid and then went absolutely ballistic when the kid from opposing team tried to kick her back. The opposing team player walked away while the girl from Portsmouth was going crazy trying to get to her. The ref was doing all she could to hold her back while holding her by the waist. It took the coach and another adult to run out and get in front of this player. One adult was covering the kids mouth up with her hand. The sheriff had to walk out onto the court due to how belligerent the Portsmouth player was acting to make sure she didn’t get away from the adults. If colleges see this from her it will definitely hurt in the long run. I’ve never been to a jr high or high school game and saw anyone act like that. And I’ve been to a lot of games. It was disgusting.
Yikes! I’m guessing this was a Portsmouth/Fairland game? Was the player ejected?

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

JonJon: What was done by the Portsmouth player by your account is inexcusable behavior. But that doesn't characterize the whole team. You said above "they showed their true colors". One player's action doesn't speak for the entire team. I have watched the PJHS team 7-8 times, and in every game they showed good sportsmanship. What happened last night should not put the whole team in a negative light.

Congratulations to the PJHS Trojans......undefeated OVC champions 2 years in a row!! Salute to Coach Mike Hughes and the PJHS Trojans!!

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

Corner3 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:12 pm
Yikes! I’m guessing this was a Portsmouth/Fairland game? Was the player ejected?
It was against Gallia

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Yikes, thanks for the overview. Sounds like a wild scene.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Rumor has it that you’re just some racist who has it out for Portsmouth for those reasons.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:38 pm
Rumor has it that you’re just some racist who has it out for Portsmouth for those reasons.
did he say something that wasnt true or are we relying on the old fall back race card?

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

He is so full of sh!t his eyes are Brown,there was a little scuffle between " both" players and yes tempers flared ,truth is if one player got tossed they would have both been tossed so why don't you get your "facts' straight before slurring accusation about kids you moron....

No one got ejected from the game so your accusations are way off ......like I told you before go hate some where else!!

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

Did you watch the game?

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

Corner3 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:12 pm

No one ejected,so take it for what it's worth

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

Pinwheel wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:11 pm

He is so full of sh!t his eyes are Brown,there was a little scuffle between " both" players and yes tempers flared ,truth is if one player got tossed they would have both been tossed so why don't you get your "facts' straight before slurring accusation about kids you moron....

No one got ejected from the game so your accusations are way off ......like I told you before go hate some where else!!
😂 you have no idea what your talking about. If that was a “little” scuffle I’d sure hate to see a “big” one. You can slur me all you want. I watched the game. I’ve never seen a kid act like that in a game in my life.

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

And if it was such a “little” scuffle I wonder why the deputy had to walk on to the court in case the adults couldnt handle the player? Have you seen a deputy walk out on the court during a stinking jr high game due to a player getting out of control? If your from Portsmouth and watched this and are condoning it your part of the problem. I won’t comment anymore about it. Anyone who watched knows what I said is true.

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

If it was bad as you say it was why was no one ejected????

Or even arrested ? 😂 Surely to goodness if the refs seen it to be half as bad as what you are slurring on here some one would have got tossed . And oh yes I've seen deputies come on the floor more then once to defuse situations that's why they pay them,you think he was there eating hot dogs?

Exaggerate much ??

TrojanDon
Waterboy

Post by TrojanDon »

Pinwheel you must not have been there. I was… there is also video that has been turned over to OHSAA. JonJon is real accurate in my opinion. Really hope this doesn’t hurt the HS team. Apparently one of the starting guards came out or the stands along with the players family and it’s on video. Won’t be surprised if she gets suspended like a player coming off the bench. My take….JonJon spot on. Our girls JH team is dominant. That continued but that won’t be what anybody is talking about. There is a reason you haven’t seen Portsmouth fans posting video on SM to defend our player. You can’t defend a 6ft tall girl towering over a kid on the ground taunting her. Then when the kid gets up and walks away (nobody had to restrain her) the Portsmouth girl goes ballistic throwing fists. Ref is holding on for dear life from behind before her family subdued her. Can’t imagine OSU wants this from an 8th grade recruit. Rumor has it this isn’t her first time with one of these situations if you count travel ball.

Rough year for our beloved Trojans reputation….
1. Family member of staff corners ref in parking lot after game
2. Head Coach gets T with less than 10 sec to go costing us a chance to win a few weeks ago.
3. Now this. Fight with a player and parents and other players coming from stands.

Where does it end? Us Trojans love our basketball but we need to be better for the kids.

Great MS year for the girls bad ending. Let’s hope the HS team surprises everyone with that state run!!!

Go Trojans!!!!

Return to “Girls Basketball”