Rock Hill Vs Fairland

TrojanDon
Waterboy

Rock Hill Vs Fairland

Post by TrojanDon »

Am I the only one that thinks Rock Hill isn’t getting enough credit? Beat Waterford last week, beat Portsmouth by 23. No losses in the conference? I know everybody is talking about Fairland but other than Portsmouth (who lost their best player in the second quarter or that may have been a lot different) who have they played? Nobody as good as defending state champs Waterford….Rock Hill has 2 collegiate level guards and plays hard while being well coached. If it wasn’t a road game they would probably be favored Monday! Maybe they should be anyways……..

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Re: Rock Hill Vs Fairland

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

TrojanDon wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:20 am Am I the only one that thinks Rock Hill isn’t getting enough credit? Beat Waterford last week, beat Portsmouth by 23. No losses in the conference? I know everybody is talking about Fairland but other than Portsmouth (who lost their best player in the second quarter or that may have been a lot different) who have they played? Nobody as good as defending state champs Waterford….Rock Hill has 2 collegiate level guards and plays hard while being well coached. If it wasn’t a road game they would probably be favored Monday! Maybe they should be anyways……..
I agree that Rock Hill is a very good team. This will be a great game and test for both teams.

But to put other parts of your post into perspective.
  • When Portsmouth lost their best player, with 0:30 remaining in the 2nd qtr, Fairland was leading 43-21.
  • Not sure that I would use Waterford as the ultimate gauge. They are 3-3 this year.
  • Fairland has played John Glenn (by 31) & Fort Frye (by 30) out of conference so far.
  • Common opponents of Chesapeake, Coal Grove, Gallia Academy, Ironton, Portsmouth & South Point. Rock Hill (+98pts) Fairland (+286)
Were you the one that said Portsmouth would "walk" through the OVC?

Post by Jonjon »

Tri-StateYouthSports wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:06 pm
TrojanDon wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:20 am Am I the only one that thinks Rock Hill isn’t getting enough credit? Beat Waterford last week, beat Portsmouth by 23. No losses in the conference? I know everybody is talking about Fairland but other than Portsmouth (who lost their best player in the second quarter or that may have been a lot different) who have they played? Nobody as good as defending state champs Waterford….Rock Hill has 2 collegiate level guards and plays hard while being well coached. If it wasn’t a road game they would probably be favored Monday! Maybe they should be anyways……..
I agree that Rock Hill is a very good team. This will be a great game and test for both teams.

• When Portsmouth lost their best player, with 0:30 remaining in the 2nd qtr, Fairland was leading 43-21.
  • Not sure that I would use Waterford as the ultimate gauge. They are 3-3 this year.
  • Fairland has played John Glenn (by 31) & Fort Frye (by 30) out of conference so far.
  • Common opponents of Chesapeake, Coal Grove, Gallia Academy, Ironton, Portsmouth & South Point. Rock Hill (+98pts) Fairland (+286)
Yes he was lol.. fairland had Portsmouth smoked no matter who was playing. Rock Hill is good, but I think fairland rolls.

TrojanDon
Waterboy

Post by TrojanDon »

I’m big enough to admit that comment bit me. I think However, you all discounting Rock Hill surprises me. 2 kids with offers to play at the next level (does Fairland have any? I think 1 Hinkle) RH also has inside presence where Fairland’s “bigs” Bruce and Allen seem to like the perimeter. Fairland has 7-8 players but they just rotate throughout the game without strategy. Never seen a championship team succeed doing that. Didn’t KY try it one time a few years back. Eventually they will play a team that can slow it down, handle the pressure, and Fairland won’t always make the 3’a like they did against Portsmouth. When they have to strategize instead of just depend on talent superiority can they win? Monday may be the night we find out. RH in a close one.

84Dragon
JV Team

Post by 84Dragon »

The Dragons win this one , I feel pretty confident in saying by at least 20.

Just a little score comparing .
RH beat Chesapeake by 10 , FHS beat them by 35
RH beat Ironton by 2 , FHS beat them by 42
RH beat beat SP by 13 , FHS beat them by 56
RH beat CG by 12 , FHS beat them by 42
RH beat Portsmouth by 23 , FHS beat them by 42
RH beat Gallia by 38 , FHS beat them by 69

Im sure the Dragons werent hitting just threes in those games . The Dragons could possibly get beat by Rock Hill but Im not seeing it .

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

TrojanDon wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:38 am I’m big enough to admit that comment bit me. I think However, you all discounting Rock Hill surprises me. 2 kids with offers to play at the next level (does Fairland have any? I think 1 Hinkle) RH also has inside presence where Fairland’s “bigs” Bruce and Allen seem to like the perimeter. Fairland has 7-8 players but they just rotate throughout the game without strategy. Never seen a championship team succeed doing that. Didn’t KY try it one time a few years back. Eventually they will play a team that can slow it down, handle the pressure, and Fairland won’t always make the 3’a like they did against Portsmouth. When they have to strategize instead of just depend on talent superiority can they win? Monday may be the night we find out. RH in a close one.
Wow.... Of all your comments, you are questioning Fairland's coaching. Arguably the best coach in the SE district? He's been to back-to-back final fours, numerous 20+ win seasons, regional championships, district championships, OVC Championships, etc.

Hinkle is going to Tiffin. Reece Barnits is going to Wright State (Cross Country). Kam Barnitz, Bruce and Allen have offers. And I'm sure that Russell & Godby will get offers, if they don't already have any.

Post by VetteMan »

Don't have a dog in this fight. Rock Hill may have a very good team this year, and I'm happy for them. When a team has been there, and done that, there is just no way that I could pick against the Lady Dragons. I do hope that it's a good competitive game.

TrojanDon
Waterboy

Post by TrojanDon »

Would never question the coaching. Fairland obviously has a great program. Simply stating that strategy doesn’t usually work historically.

reds4life
Waterboy

Post by reds4life »

Fairland wins by 30+. No disrespect but Fairland is on a different level.

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by VetteMan »

Very impressed with Rock hill tonight. The final score may not reflect just how close of a game that it was. Should be a heck of a rematch later in the year at Rock Hill.

84Dragon
JV Team

Post by 84Dragon »

Fairland was having a terrible time hitting layups and open shots , they picked a terrible time to have an off night thats for sure . RH is a good team , they led practically the whole game , and they almost pulled it off. Fairland finally woke up in the fourth qt. to pull it out.

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

Are these Lady Dragons the best thing since sliced bread or what?

sure they only won by 11 but all teams have a little blip now and then.

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

It was a good game. I was really surprised how good Rock Hill was. With that, it’s the worst I’ve seen Fairland play and I try to watch all their games if I can. I’ve never watched so many missed layups and open shots. They still scored 61. They needed a game like that. They reacted well being down. They win by 20 or more next time they play. Congrats to rock hill though. They should beat Portsmouth even with Allen playing. They definitely are better than them imo. Who knows, but good showing by them.

4daWs
Waterboy

Post by 4daWs »

[/quote]

Rock Hill showed up to play. Fairland girls weren't expecting it struggled first half. The coach utilized halftime and built the girls up and they came back out to win..When you say Two collegiate guard's only one is truly college level.. Take daddy off the Coaching staff and I'm sure other players would and should start over the coaches kid. Between this year and last RH has lost 3 great players because of the favoritism. Unfortunately he has prepared her for a rude awakening, college coaches will not blame everyone else for her mistakes and set up every play for her to shoot. As far as competition Waterford did great last year. They also graduated their winning team last year. RH should have blown out Waterford and everyone else they've played. Coaches can't coach ONE player and expect a TEAM to play to their full potential. Give respect and praise to each player accordingly and they will respect and play their hardest for that coach. That is what RH is lacking..Fairland has a coaching staff who is there for the whole team and works to develop EACH PLAYER. Fairland has a very young talented team and a senior who is the best.

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

I find it hilarious anyone on here questioning Fairlands coaching staff and how they are playing the kids. I’m pretty sure he has the best program in area for a reason. He knows what he’s doing. You better be deep if you play fairland bc they can run 9 girls out there without a drop off.

4daWs
Waterboy

Post by 4daWs »

Jonjon wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:46 am I find it hilarious anyone on here questioning Fairlands coaching staff and how they are playing the kids. I’m pretty sure he has the best program in area for a reason. He knows what he’s doing. You better be deep if you play fairland bc they can run 9 girls out there without a drop off.
Fairland has a great coach with knowledgeable staff who is there for all the players, not just one. He is great. You can tell the players respect him and want to play for him. RH does not seem to have a coach who is there for ALL the players and it shows.

84Dragon
JV Team

Post by 84Dragon »

Ill tell ya one thing , the RH coach has a set of pipes on him , he was hollering the whole game . It was a good game , a game Fairland needed .

Mc1196
Riding the Bench

Post by Mc1196 »

Fairland s Coach opens the gym at 5:30 am before school EVERYDAY and the girls show up on there own Fairland had a off game and rock hill had a good game and still got beat

Return to “Girls Basketball”