Division II - Southeast District Information

Logangrad
All State

Re: Division II - Southeast District Information

Post by Logangrad »

I was at the Sheridan Unioto game. I was at that basket. I was sitting with alot of fellow officials. In real time the horn sounded as the ball was in the air on the tip. I have seen the pics and the video and in REAL TIME in the moment, it sounded like the horn went off after she shot it and was a good call. The pics of her just above are not on the tip but before she tipped it clearly. We all felt after they came together to discuss it was the right call based on the real time experience. Thats all I can say. I think I said it 10 times there, that the buzzer went off after she tipped it.

Live Like A Champion!
se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

60ft wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:02 am Her arm is bent back. So the ball is out her hand. Unbelievable play by Smith.
Her hand would be going forward if it was after the tip. Like I said though, it seemed like the right call in the moment.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Logangrad wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:47 pm I was at the Sheridan Unioto game. I was at that basket. I was sitting with alot of fellow officials. In real time the horn sounded as the ball was in the air on the tip. I have seen the pics and the video and in REAL TIME in the moment, it sounded like the horn went off after she shot it and was a good call. The pics of her just above are not on the tip but before she tipped it clearly. We all felt after they came together to discuss it was the right call based on the real time experience. Thats all I can say. I think I said it 10 times there, that the buzzer went off after she tipped it.
Wonder how long it takes for the buzzer to be heard after the clock has hit all zeroes? I feel like it’s more than .1….also wonder if scoreboard technology knows how long it takes (say it takes .14 to be audible to a person….so when clock gets to .14 the horn is set off to time out time it takes to be heard?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Marauders19 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:26 pm Mark my word Fairland is good but Unioto or Sheridan is better.. can’t wait for this to play out
Update?

Mc1196
Riding the Bench

Post by Mc1196 »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:24 pm
Marauders19 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:26 pm Mark my word Fairland is good but Unioto or Sheridan is better.. can’t wait for this to play out
Update?
Update Fairland just walked thru Unioto

84Dragon
JV Team

Post by 84Dragon »

This post didnt age very well

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

If getting BEAT by 27 then yes Unioto is better!!! So much for your word

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

itsme wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:32 pm
If getting BEAT by 27 then yes Unioto is better!!! So much for your word
Go back through their posts. They always crap all over everyone who is good. They swung from hating Unioto to whatever that dumb post was in a hurry because Fairland was being hyped up.

As a Unioto guy, I thought we had a shot earlier in the year, but after seeing both teams in the tournament, I knew it would be difficult. Maybe not 27 points difficult, but difficult for sure.

Fairland should win tomorrow and then will have its hands full at the Final 4. But, if they are shooting like they are capable of, then I wouldn’t be surprised to see them bring home some hardware.

General
Waterboy

Post by General »

Gee. After watching the storied rivals recap I’ll say two things. Sheridan blew it………and the generals got screwed in a few different ways. But there’s always next year. Sigh.

Return to “Girls Basketball”