Division II - Southeast District Information

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Re: Division II - Southeast District Information

Post by Jonjon »

bman wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:46 pm
60ft wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:40 am Fairland will be the 1 seed best team in district hands down and Unioto will definitely be the 2 seed. The 3 and 4 seed will come down to this week schedule out of Sheridan and Warren. Sheridan did beat Warren already but both teams has a tough schedule this week. Sheridan conference is way better then Fairland, Unioto and Warren conference. All four teams play all most identical style of play. The scary teams to watch is Marietta, New Lex, Circleville and Waverly. The first two rounds of District should be interesting games. Good luck to all the teams.
The district is very deep and the district finals are going to be brutal, no matter if you are the top seed or the second seed, so the seeding really doesn't matter too much. It's not like getting the one gives you a pretty sure ticket to regional. Not this year.
If fairland is on their game the districts will not be close.

#facts
Waterboy

Post by #facts »

Fairland and Unioto Regional semi game. Unioto wins by 12+

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

#facts wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:44 pm Fairland and Unioto Regional semi game. Unioto wins by 12+
You may be right, but I’ll give you my contact information if you’d like to make a friendly wager on that.

#facts
Waterboy

Post by #facts »

That bet wouldn’t be fair. Fairland can’t come close to matching up with the talent of Unioto. Besides I want you to have gas money to come watch the “U” play in Regional Finals!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I want in on that bet too

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:05 pm I want in on that bet too
Right. If they are only speaking on Fairland for how unimpressive they looked on Saturday, they should be careful. Fairland looked unimpressive in a 19-point win over a state ranked team lol Imagine how good they are when they are on top of their game.

I’m a Unioto guy, but I wouldn’t take either team by more than a couple of possessions. However, both have a loaded district that they would need to navigate to even consider that matchup.

QB11
Waterboy

Post by QB11 »

I have watched all of these teams play except a few at the bottom. Toughest district in the state. I don't care where they find themselves on Sunday. They better strap in and get ready for a battle.

1 Fairland
2 Unioto
3 Sheridan
4 Marietta
5 Vincent Warren
6 Circleville
7 New Lexington
8 Jackson
9 Waverly
10 Fairfield Union
11 Miami Trace
12 Athens
13 McClain
14 Logan Elm
15 Washington CH
16 Gallia Academy
17 Vinton County
18 Hillsboro

TrojanDon
Waterboy

Post by TrojanDon »

#facts wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:44 pm Fairland and Unioto Regional semi game. Unioto wins by 12+
This is one of those times in life where you better watch what you wish for……you better hope they get upset.

#facts
Waterboy

Post by #facts »

A lot of people will be quiet on here. After the win!

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Unioto is deep and talented, but I still worry that their schedule hasn't prepared them for this district. I hope i'm wrong though.

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

se-alum wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:18 pm Unioto is deep and talented, but I still worry that their schedule hasn't prepared them for this district. I hope i'm wrong though.
Fairland plays the #2 ranked team in state of WV(Spring Valley) next Saturday. Win or lose only helps for the tournament.

QB11
Waterboy

Post by QB11 »

se-alum wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:18 pm Unioto is deep and talented, but I still worry that their schedule hasn't prepared them for this district. I hope i'm wrong though.
I agree with this, their only quality nonconference win was against Bloom Carroll. Bratton was injured early and wasn't much of a factor in that game.

60ft
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft »

I don’t think Bratton was hurt Vs Unioto. She was frustrated because of Unioto defense. The next game she dropped 36 points with 6 3 pointers. Unioto shut her down. Unioto and Fairland has scored over 2200 points combined this year. I would love to see Unioto vs Fairland in the Regional Semi but both teams has to go through a very tough district. I wouldn’t count out Warren and definitely Sheridan. The Stinson girl can flat out play for Sheridan.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

I've heard fantastic things about Unioto, but I also concur with those who wonder about its strength of schedule preparing the Tanks for tournament play? It's going to be a grind, regardless. There is no easy seed and pretty sure path to a district championship. The district finals will be an absolute battle and there will be some good semifinal games, as well.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

I know Unioto starts 2 freshman, though one of them may be the best overall player in the district, but what does the experience look like for the other top teams in the district??

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

se-alum wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:51 am I know Unioto starts 2 freshman, though one of them may be the best overall player in the district, but what does the experience look like for the other top teams in the district??
Fairland returned their entire team from last years elite eight team.

Mc1196
Riding the Bench

Post by Mc1196 »

bman wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:46 am
Tri-StateYouthSports wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:10 pm
bman wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:45 pm How I would seed the teams going into the weekend.

1. Sheridan (13-2)
2. Fairland (16-0)
3. Warren (15-2)
4. Unioto (16-0)
5. New Lexington (13-4)
6. Marietta (12-2)
7. Circleville (13-3)
8. Jackson (12-2)
9. Waverly (10-5)
10. Miami Trace (11-7)
11. Athens (11-5)
12. Fairfield Union (6-8)
13. Logan Elm (4-13)
14. Greenfield (5-10)
15. Vinton County (3-12)
16. Hillsboro (2-16)
17. Washington Court House (2-14)
18. Gallia Academy (2-12)
Curious how you justify Sheridan above undefeated Fairland and Unioto?
In Unioto's case, strength of schedule. I will take Sheridan until someone in the district proves they can beat them.
Fairland beat the number 2 team I n the state of W.V last night and looked horrible

Mc1196
Riding the Bench

Post by Mc1196 »

Fairland plays 9 deep and any of those girls can drop 30 they have one of the top five players in Ohio, a junior that can do it all and three freshman that shoots NBA 3 pointers and have been leading scorers in several games beat the #2 team in W.V. and looked horrible but anyone can be beat but you better be strapped up when playing Fairland they are the real deal

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

I’m still going to stand by my post and say the districts won’t be close. Fairland by a lot!

Falcon02
Waterboy

Post by Falcon02 »

Mc1196 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:24 pm Fairland plays 9 deep and any of those girls can drop 30 they have one of the top five players in Ohio, a junior that can do it all and three freshman that shoots NBA 3 pointers and have been leading scorers in several games beat the #2 team in W.V. and looked horrible but anyone can be beat but you better be strapped up when playing Fairland they are the real deal
I’m gonna call bs on 9 girls who can drop 30… if maxpreps is correct the leading scorer scores 13.1 a game but you’re saying 9 (NINE!) girls could go for 30 on any night? Come on now, that’s ridiculous.

Sounds like fairland is awesome, but this thread has basically turned into an ironton football thread.

Return to “Girls Basketball”