Division II Regional

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Re: Division II Regional

Post by GeneralCarpenter »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:31 pm
GeneralCarpenter wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:55 pm
Mc1196 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:10 pm

Did you watch the same game as everyone else nobody on Unioto had anything for Fairland Bench players she was a good player but was definitely not best player on court the best player on the court was the girl with most points most rebounds hussled EVERY play
She was the best player tho. If she took the amount of shots she should’ve, she would’ve had 20-30. They just ran a weave on offense and nobody got open looks. Fairland actually ran plays and got a bunch of open looks, hence the more points
They ran an offense, then once behind they had to score quickly, which eliminated sets being ran. Smith had 20 attempts for 23 points, she couldn’t get to the foul line or the efficiency would have been higher.

Fairland ran zero plays in the final quarter because it was a run-out layup every play.

I know you only want to bash Unioto coaches on here, but give the credit to Fairland for simply being better in all aspects, besides the amount of fans…which clearly made no difference in the outcome of the game.
How am I bashing Unioto coaches lol. Idk what you watched but Unioto ran a weave or an iso and maybe a pick and roll. It worked all year because they simply had better athletes and players. Look at the difficulty of shots they had everytime. Seems like every shot was contested. All game Fairland had open layups and open threes.

Mc1196
Riding the Bench

Post by Mc1196 »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:28 pm
Mc1196 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:10 pm
se-alum wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:09 am Unioto had the best player on the court, Fairland had the next 5 or 6 best players. Unioto isn't very good in the half-court on offense or defense. They've out ran teams this year, and couldn't do that against Fairland because of their depth. Also, it was absurd how well Fairland shot the ball!
Did you watch the same game as everyone else nobody on Unioto had anything for Fairland Bench players she was a good player but was definitely not best player on court the best player on the court was the girl with most points most rebounds hussled EVERY play
Smith had a game-high 23 points and 4 assists. She also led Unioto with 6 rebounds (I believe Allen had 9)

So, she did have the most points and played her tail off.

Fairland was the better team and Hinkle may have been a little better last night, but to not give Smith credit is silly.
I'm not taking nothing from smith GREAT player but to say she was best on court no she wasn't Hinkle hard to beat

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Fairland 41-25 Final
Advancing to the final 4

Post by knightruner »

Congratulations to Fairland Dragon Final Four.. Go OVC..

Sidethrower
Waterboy

Post by Sidethrower »

If Notre Dame can beat Hiland, then Southeast Ohio will be represented in three divisions in the state tournament!!!

Mc1196
Riding the Bench

Post by Mc1196 »

Fairland looked horrible worst and I've ever seen and even Granville played horrible

84Dragon
JV Team

Post by 84Dragon »

FHS has looked better thats for sure but they pulled it out . Granvilles only hope was to slow the game down , which they did somewhat but the Dragons were prepared for it . If they hadnt slowed the game down , it would have been alot more than a 16 point loss.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Fairland back to back Final 4 in two different divisions - CONGRATULATIONS!

Oldfairlandjersey
Waterboy

Post by Oldfairlandjersey »

No bud..we lost to Belmont in elite 8 last year.

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

smurray wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:57 am Fairland back to back Final 4 in two different divisions - CONGRATULATIONS!
Fairland lost in the Regional Final last season.

The Lady Dragons are making their 3rd trip to the Final 4 in the last 10 years.

2014 -- D-III
2015 -- D-III
2023 -- D-II

Post by smurray »

Tri-StateYouthSports wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:42 pm
smurray wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:57 am Fairland back to back Final 4 in two different divisions - CONGRATULATIONS!
Fairland lost in the Regional Final last season.

The Lady Dragons are making their 3rd trip to the Final 4 in the last 10 years.

2014 -- D-III
2015 -- D-III
2023 -- D-II
Oh shoot, my bad. I got the D3 right though.

Return to “Girls Basketball”