JV Team

Re: Division II Regional

Post by FACSPORTS »

Fairland may win by 30, wow

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Post by GeneralCarpenter »

Fairland ran an offense and Unioto didn’t. Plus Smith should’ve been the only one shooting for Unioto. The moment was too big for the other girls

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Fairland 88-61

Great season Unioto

Mc1196
Riding the Bench

Post by Mc1196 »

#facts wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:43 pm Unioto wins! More athletic, and Fairland has no answer for Smith.
I sure wish Fairland was athletic that kind of kicked you in the but

Corner3
Riding the Bench

Post by Corner3 »

Might be the best offensive game I’ve ever watched a high school girls team play. Very impressive.

Sidethrower
Waterboy

Post by Sidethrower »

They made a crazy amount of threes

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Dang lol, Fairland was on fire and gassed our girls out. Very impressive by the Dragons

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I left with John Glenn down 10-0 halfway through the 2nd quarter

I’m assuming Granville wins

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Granville 42-6 Final

Post by muskiefan11 »

Fairland is a machine, their transition game and basketball iq is incredible. The atmosphere for game 1 was electric. One of the best high school offensive games I have seen.

JG took that one on the chin. JG best player Oliver tried to play on a sprained knee and wasn’t able to go, JG couldn’t get in a rhythm offensively without her. Give Granville credit they are a solid defensive team and played their butts off.

As for the regional final, I predict Fairland by 20+

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

danicalifornia wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:22 pm
Jonjon wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:30 am
#facts wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:43 pm Unioto wins! More athletic, and Fairland has no answer for Smith.
You said unioto will win by 12+ against fairland in another thread. You still predicting that?
You also said Fairland would beat every team in the SE by 30+, you still predicting that?
Maybe I should’ve

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Unioto had the best player on the court, Fairland had the next 5 or 6 best players. Unioto isn't very good in the half-court on offense or defense. They've out ran teams this year, and couldn't do that against Fairland because of their depth. Also, it was absurd how well Fairland shot the ball!

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Fairland was impressive. This Unioto team was one of the best teams in recent years I can remember. Fairland out rebounded them, dominated in transition, and knocked down shots in the half court. Congrats to both teams and good luck to Fairland in the next round.

Mc1196
Riding the Bench

Post by Mc1196 »

se-alum wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:09 am Unioto had the best player on the court, Fairland had the next 5 or 6 best players. Unioto isn't very good in the half-court on offense or defense. They've out ran teams this year, and couldn't do that against Fairland because of their depth. Also, it was absurd how well Fairland shot the ball!
Did you watch the same game as everyone else nobody on Unioto had anything for Fairland Bench players she was a good player but was definitely not best player on court the best player on the court was the girl with most points most rebounds hussled EVERY play

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Post by GeneralCarpenter »

Mc1196 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:10 pm
se-alum wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:09 am Unioto had the best player on the court, Fairland had the next 5 or 6 best players. Unioto isn't very good in the half-court on offense or defense. They've out ran teams this year, and couldn't do that against Fairland because of their depth. Also, it was absurd how well Fairland shot the ball!
Did you watch the same game as everyone else nobody on Unioto had anything for Fairland Bench players she was a good player but was definitely not best player on court the best player on the court was the girl with most points most rebounds hussled EVERY play
She was the best player tho. If she took the amount of shots she should’ve, she would’ve had 20-30. They just ran a weave on offense and nobody got open looks. Fairland actually ran plays and got a bunch of open looks, hence the more points

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Smith had a game-high 23 points and 4 assists. She also led Unioto with 6 rebounds (I believe Allen had 9)

So, she did have the most points and played her tail off.

Fairland was the better team and Hinkle may have been a little better last night, but to not give Smith credit is silly.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

GeneralCarpenter wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:55 pm
She was the best player tho. If she took the amount of shots she should’ve, she would’ve had 20-30. They just ran a weave on offense and nobody got open looks. Fairland actually ran plays and got a bunch of open looks, hence the more points
They ran an offense, then once behind they had to score quickly, which eliminated sets being ran. Smith had 20 attempts for 23 points, she couldn’t get to the foul line or the efficiency would have been higher.

Fairland ran zero plays in the final quarter because it was a run-out layup every play.

I know you only want to bash Unioto coaches on here, but give the credit to Fairland for simply being better in all aspects, besides the amount of fans…which clearly made no difference in the outcome of the game.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

I'm not a big fan of Unioto's offensive philosophy..it reminds me of what Holtmann and Ohio State try to run. I will say, Fairland took great angles on defense and rarely was Unioto able to get by them.

84Dragon
JV Team

Post by 84Dragon »

Fairland is a very well coached team , that contributes alot to their success . Unioto is a pretty good team , they just ran into a very good team that they had no answer for . Whoever plays against the Dragons , better have more than one carrying the load.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

se-alum wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:34 am

I'm not a big fan of Unioto's offensive philosophy..it reminds me of what Holtmann and Ohio State try to run. I will say, Fairland took great angles on defense and rarely was Unioto able to get by them.
Unioto offense is 5 out, drive and kick, add in a pick and roll. They out athlete every team in the SVC and most SEO, just not Fairland. Smith is a great player, will only get better. Fairland definitely was prepared and ready to get after Unioto.

Return to “Girls Basketball”