Wheelersburg vs. Columbus Africentric

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Wheelersburg vs. Columbus Africentric

Post by wobycat »

I have seen more overall basketball talent in other pirate girl teams than this year's team, but I have not seen any team as tough as these girls. These girls are fighters. Wow. Great season!

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

baseball16 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:42 am SE district has won the State numerous times over the years (Waterford and Eastern) but when is the last time a D2 or D3 program has?

Sadly, I don't ever see a D2 or D3 school winning state from the SE district anytime soon. Reason, CB has knocked a lot of these Basketball Schools into their division and nobody will be able to compete. Afrecentric should be competing no lower than d2 but I honestly think D1 !
Portsmouth has some serious talent coming up. Would be a shock if those girls don’t win state.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats to the Lady Pirates on an outstanding season.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Once you get into the elite 8 and final four ,it's really really tough for southeast Ohio to compete with the big city schools, it's a great accomplishment to get to where wheelersburg finished,great great season for them congrats.

Buckeye1972
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye1972 »

Sadly CB numbers simply took a Division IV problem and made it into a DIV 3 problem. The SOC had a great year with 3 elite teams with one advancing to final Four in girls basketball. The Burg girls played very hard but ran into a tough team.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

The Pirates have nothing to hang their heads about. If they were able to get off to a better start, then they may be playing tomorrow.

Getting down 19-7 after one was a killer, especially against a team like Africentric that knew when to run through their offense before attacking. Those girls played their hearts out and competed until the finish horn, which is something that their town can be very proud of.

That was a great atmosphere, it felt like it would just be one sided as they Africentric students were a few minutes late, but they were loud, even with a smaller overall crowd. Both crowds displayed some great school spirits and those kids on the floor put on a great show for all in attendance.

Mc1196
Riding the Bench

Post by Mc1196 »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:31 pm
baseball16 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:42 am SE district has won the State numerous times over the years (Waterford and Eastern) but when is the last time a D2 or D3 program has?

Sadly, I don't ever see a D2 or D3 school winning state from the SE district anytime soon. Reason, CB has knocked a lot of these Basketball Schools into their division and nobody will be able to compete. Afrecentric should be competing no lower than d2 but I honestly think D1 !
Portsmouth has some serious talent coming up. Would be a shock if those girls don’t win state.
As long as they stay in different division as Fairland

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Mc1196 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:23 pm
RBH23 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:31 pm

As long as they stay in different division as Fairland
The current Portsmouth 8th graders and freshman whipped Fairland freshman in junior high. One of the Portsmouth girls has an offer from Arkansas, another from Ohio State.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

What’s really bad is that most of the kids at Africentric would be ineligible academically to compete in sports at most schools. The school is really bad academically.

Very sad that so much is placed on sports and so little given to the academic side.

Return to “Girls Basketball”