Now that the SOC has 3 leagues in basketball who are your favorites in each one next season?

80sballer
Waterboy

Now that the SOC has 3 leagues in basketball who are your favorites in each one next season?

Post by 80sballer »

Here are my picks:
SOC I Notre Dame
SOC II South Gallia
SOC III Minford

baseball16
All Conference

Re: Now that the SOC has 3 leagues in basketball who are your favorites in each one next season?

Post by baseball16 »

Why Notre Dame isn't in the middle division and South Gallia in the Lower division for all sports is beyond my understanding. I am sure it had to do with a few AD's not wanting the drive, but IDK.

80sballer
Waterboy

Re: Now that the SOC has 3 leagues in basketball who are your favorites in each one next season?

Post by 80sballer »

Supposedly from what I heard enrollment size was the number one factor but who knows

Bmoc616
Riding the Bench

Post by Bmoc616 »

They say enrollment size & competitive balance were both used to determine. They did do that for the SOC 3 plus Webster and Valley requested to stay in the bigger division is my understanding. It does not seem like they took that into account in the other 2 divisions. I am sure the travel had something to do with it as well. There is no way Notre Dame should be in the SOC 1 for most girls sports. They will just sleep walk through to those league titles.

SOC 1- ND
SOC 2- SG
SOC 3- Minford
Last edited by Bmoc616 on Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

Private schools should play up a division
Last edited by goUK on Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

With how good those ND girls teams are, they should have requested to be at least SOCII. That might help them break through that glass ceiling of the Elite 8 and into the Final 4

As for next year:
SOC I: Notre Dame
SOC II: South Gallia
SOC III: Minford

I’m not sure any of those teams lose a league game either.

Bmoc616
Riding the Bench

Post by Bmoc616 »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:50 pm With how good those ND girls teams are, they should have requested to be at least SOCII. That might help them break through that glass ceiling of the Elite 8 and into the Final 4

As for next year:

I would agree. I’m not familiar with the bigger schools in the SOC 3. Does Burg lose a lot from their Final 4 team?
On a side note I believe South Gallia plays both Minford and Notre Dame next year as well.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Bmoc616 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:21 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:50 pm With how good those ND girls teams are, they should have requested to be at least SOCII. That might help them break through that glass ceiling of the Elite 8 and into the Final 4

As for next year:

I would agree. I’m not familiar with the bigger schools in the SOC 3. Does Burg lose a lot from their Final 4 team?
On a side note I believe South Gallia plays both Minford and Notre Dame next year as well.
Burg loses seven seniors.

HERO
Riding the Bench

Post by HERO »

Notre Dame doesn’t want to move up or they would just request it like some other schools have done in the past.

80sballer
Waterboy

Post by 80sballer »

I cant imagine the SOC would let the girls move up and not the boys and I dont think the boys would want to

baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

80sballer wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:52 am I cant imagine the SOC would let the girls move up and not the boys and I dont think the boys would want to
So when you say move up.. you do understand moving up is moving to the Middle Division. Which is Eastern Pike, Western, Symmes Valley, Oak Hill, Northwest and South Gallia. All I am saying is Notre Dame should be in place of South Gallia and South Gallia plays at the Lower Division. Competitive speaking it makes sense for both schools. Yes, South Gallia girls are very good right now, but how long will that last? The Reason Notre Dame is not in that division is because some of the smaller schools do not want to drive to South Gallia.

80sballer
Waterboy

Post by 80sballer »

I see what you are saying, I didnt really understand the point of going to three divisions anyway but my guess was that those teams in the middle division would be more able to compete for a title?

Bmoc616
Riding the Bench

Post by Bmoc616 »

baseball16 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:12 am
80sballer wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:52 am I cant imagine the SOC would let the girls move up and not the boys and I dont think the boys would want to
So when you say move up.. you do understand moving up is moving to the Middle Division. Which is Eastern Pike, Western, Symmes Valley, Oak Hill, Northwest and South Gallia. All I am saying is Notre Dame should be in place of South Gallia and South Gallia plays at the Lower Division. Competitive speaking it makes sense for both schools. Yes, South Gallia girls are very good right now, but how long will that last? The Reason Notre Dame is not in that division is because some of the smaller schools do not want to drive to South Gallia.
You hit the nail on the head here. Notre Dame should definitely be in the middle division and SG in the lower. Competitively they (SG) belong with those lower division schools. They went to 3 divisions b/c some of the lower division schools didn't want to make the drive to SG. Those schools all have very little travel now being grouped in the lower division like they are.

father time
Waterboy

Post by father time »

I wouldn't think ND is worried about travel they went to SOuth Gallia, Fairland shoot out, Berne Union this year and went to Newark Catholic, Fisher Catholic, Fairland and Rio the year before

Bmoc616
Riding the Bench

Post by Bmoc616 »

ND wasn't one of the ones complaining from my understanding. I think it has to do with some of those other schools making multiple trips to SG in all the sports they would be matched up in.

Return to “Girls Basketball”