Belpre-here we go again

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Re: Belpre-here we go again

Post by chrishilton91 »

Eagle fan 41 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:35 am Good news they got about 17 girls. So will have Jv games. The one parent has kept her big nose clean so far no drama. Pray season is better then volleyball season where we won 4 games and finished last. Good luck Lady Eagles
I heard the former boys basketball, who was fired for inappropriate situations, was hanging around the last practice and then stayed to help a player. Pretty sure he’s not suppose to be around.

Eagle fan 41
Waterboy

Post by Eagle fan 41 »

Yes heard that also other girls were not happy.

justpassinthru
Riding the Bench

Post by justpassinthru »

Any scrimmages lined up with new staff coming on so late?

Eagle fan 41
Waterboy

Post by Eagle fan 41 »

They scrimmaged Alexander last night for 6 quarters. Belpre clearly the better team. Gonna be very good defensively, starting five Harrington, Way, Parsons, Bills and Alloway get after it. Roz and Carmichael as well off the bench. Alloway and Bills played very well together scored a bunch.

BEBETTER
Waterboy

Post by BEBETTER »

Belpre opens up tonight after only one scrimmage. Overheard the Coach was self reporting to the OHSAA for beginning early.

jimmiehoffa
Waterboy

Post by jimmiehoffa »

Wow. The AD and principal should do their jobs

Eagle fan 41
Waterboy

Post by Eagle fan 41 »

Belpre rolls to first win of the season on opening night. Freshman Bills started her career with 20 points. Way, Parsons and Alloway were able to drive to the basket all night long. Had some foul trouble early. Harrington and Carmichael provided valuable minutes off the bench. #15 has to cut out the dirty play or someone is gonna clean her clock. Next up Federal Hocking Thursday

Eagle fan 41
Waterboy

Post by Eagle fan 41 »

Great win over Fed hock. Not sure I understand varsity starters playing JV. However great win. Gonna be a great season.

Eagle fan 41
Waterboy

Post by Eagle fan 41 »

Belpre girls find themselves at the top of the conference standings. Coaches Regina and Dirk have did a nice job. Offensively Alloway and Bills are flexing their muscle. Harrington a great outside shooter. Very solid defensively, Way and Miller put a lot of pressure on the ball. Parsons and Carmichael box out very well unfortunately they’re the shortest girls. This team improves on the boxing out and running the offense thru the bigs they can stay at the top.

justpassinthru
Riding the Bench

Post by justpassinthru »

Happy things are working out for the Belpre Girls !! Congrats to the team and coach Regina on a great start to the season!

Eagle Pappaw
Riding the Bench

Post by Eagle Pappaw »

justpassinthru wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:22 pm Happy things are working out for the Belpre Girls !! Congrats to the team and coach Regina on a great start to the season!
You will get no argument here. The new look lady eagles are a pleasure to watch. They play hard and they have great skill. I kinda expect them to do some serious damage in the tournament. Love watching Coach Vagina work the sidelines. She is a real pro.

Normal_A_Ron
Riding the Bench

Post by Normal_A_Ron »

Eagle Pappaw wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:02 am
justpassinthru wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:22 pm Happy things are working out for the Belpre Girls !! Congrats to the team and coach Regina on a great start to the season!
You will get no argument here. The new look lady eagles are a pleasure to watch. They play hard and they have great skill. I kinda expect them to do some serious damage in the tournament. Love watching Coach Vagina work the sidelines. She is a real pro.
I'm sorry, Coach who????

Eagle Pappaw
Riding the Bench

Post by Eagle Pappaw »

Normal_A_Ron wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:05 pm
Eagle Pappaw wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:02 am
I'm sorry, Coach who????
Vagina ……. Regina….. something like that. I just no she had my pacemaker roaring!

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

Eagle fan 41 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:12 pm Belpre girls find themselves at the top of the conference standings. Coaches Regina and Dirk have did a nice job. Offensively Alloway and Bills are flexing their muscle. Harrington a great outside shooter. Very solid defensively, Way and Miller put a lot of pressure on the ball. Parsons and Carmichael box out very well unfortunately they’re the shortest girls. This team improves on the boxing out and running the offense thru the bigs they can stay at the top.
I haven’t been keeping up, are they still in first place?

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

I haven’t been keeping up, are they still in first place?
[/quote]

Local paper doesn’t do a good job posting scores. But I know in the last week Waterford and Federal Hocking beat Belpre by like 25+. Belpre’s young and the second half of the season ithere s big difference when you a17-18 olds and 14-15 year olds.

BEBETTER
Waterboy

Post by BEBETTER »

chrishilton91 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:58 am I haven’t been keeping up, are they still in first place?
Local paper doesn’t do a good job posting scores. But I know in the last week Waterford and Federal Hocking beat Belpre by like 25+. Belpre’s young and the second half of the season ithere s big difference when you a17-18 olds and 14-15 year olds.
[/quote]

Last four games they have come out on the losing end: Fed Hock 66-37; Nelsonville York 50-45; Waterford 56-34 & Marietta 64-26. Fed Hock is very young also but seem to be coming together as a team. NY is having a subpar year compared to many in the past; Waterford always improves as the season goes along and Marietta is a good team but many of their players will return next year also.
Seems the wheels on the Belpre bus are stuck in the mud right now.

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

chrishilton91 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:58 am I haven’t been keeping up, are they still in first place?
[/quote]

Or maybe the coaches of the other teams have done a better job of getting their teams to improve since the first time around. Just saying.

BEBETTER
Waterboy

Post by BEBETTER »

Saturday they lost to Athens. Doesn't seem like any adjustments are made during the game to counter what their opponents are doing. They are a talented group of girls but talent will only take them so far. Beating lower level teams is easy! Beating talented teams with good coaches is another story.
Last edited by BEBETTER on Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eagle Pappaw
Riding the Bench

Post by Eagle Pappaw »

The team seems to be not as good but man that coach is hot

Scotty Hobart
Riding the Bench

Post by Scotty Hobart »

BEBETTER wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:11 am Saturday they lost to Athens and today they go to Nelsonville. Doesn't seem like any adjustments are made during the game to counter what their opponents are doing. They are a talented group of girls but talent will only take them so far. Beating lower level teams is easy! Beating talented teams with good coaches is another story.
Are you saying that the AD from Warren has hired yet another dud for a coach?

Return to “Girls Basketball”