Belpre-here we go again

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Re: Belpre-here we go again

Post by chrishilton91 »

Scotty Hobart wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:36 am
BEBETTER wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:11 am Saturday they lost to Athens and today they go to Nelsonville. Doesn't seem like any adjustments are made during the game to counter what their opponents are doing. They are a talented group of girls but talent will only take them so far. Beating lower level teams is easy! Beating talented teams with good coaches is another story.
Are you saying that the AD from Warren has hired yet another dud for a coach?
Totally agree Bebetter. I said that they would be out coached because of lack of knowledge and experience.

And Scotty Hobart, what are you talking about? This is about Belpre not Warren.

Eagle Pappaw
Riding the Bench

Post by Eagle Pappaw »

Can someone get the coach to make swimsuit calendar for a fundraiser?

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

Eagle Pappaw wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:46 am Can someone get the coach to make swimsuit calendar for a fundraiser?
You are disgusting and completely inappropriate.

Eagle Pappaw
Riding the Bench

Post by Eagle Pappaw »

You are clueless. She is hot. Let me guess. You asked her out and got shot down?

SoccerDad
Waterboy

Post by SoccerDad »

Eagle Pappaw wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:26 pm You are clueless. She is hot. Let me guess. You asked her out and got shot down?
Women do not exist for your gaze, and we're talking about high school athletics. Don't be a creep

Eagle Pappaw
Riding the Bench

Post by Eagle Pappaw »

SoccerDad wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:41 pm
Eagle Pappaw wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:26 pm You are clueless. She is hot. Let me guess. You asked her out and got shot down?
Women do not exist for your gaze, and we're talking about high school athletics. Don't be a creep
how is it creepy to appeciate the coach's beauty. cmon snowflake get a life.

Billy T Kid
Riding the Bench

Post by Billy T Kid »

I don’t know if I’d classify her as hot, I know this for certain, she can’t coach!

BEBETTER
Waterboy

Post by BEBETTER »

She is a good "kid" that has been put in a position that it seems she isn't ready for. She is about 30 years old and someone named pawpaw should probably step off.
Anyway, back to basketball. Thankfully their conference isn't as strong as it was in the past or they would have more loses than they do currently. With Eastern way down, Trimble doesn't have much, Southern was always hit and miss and South Gallia left the TVC, the 6 school conference isn't up to par.

Eagle Pappaw
Riding the Bench

Post by Eagle Pappaw »

I am welcome to my opinion. Would it be better if I ran her coaching in the ground like some of these idiots? Personally think she is doing the best she can and she is learning. Leave her alone. She will become a great coach. And she will always be easy on my eyes.

anking24
Waterboy

Post by anking24 »

I think you're missing the point. Although you're not condemning her coaching, you are making comments that are off putting and disrespectful. She is a coach and a mother. If you truly respect her and her coaching, you wouldn't make obscene comments about her doing a swimsuit calendar. And not everyone has to agree on my next statement, but she is a female leader for these girls, trying to prove that women are worth more than being objectified by men.

She is doing the best she can with a group of talented players that also don't want to buy in and work as a team. It's not all of the time, but a lot of the time. Players listening to the negative remarks parents have to make during the games. Players playing with a crowd of silent fans. Parents only cheering for their kid. Parents saying don't pass the ball to so and so. Parents saying make sure you get your 1000pts. That team could easily be successful if parents kept their egos in check and called their kids out for being poor teammates and selfish. Regina does what she can, but with little to no support from parents it's an uphill battle.

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

anking24 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:36 pm I think you're missing the point. Although you're not condemning her coaching, you are making comments that are off putting and disrespectful. She is a coach and a mother. If you truly respect her and her coaching, you wouldn't make obscene comments about her doing a swimsuit calendar. And not everyone has to agree on my next statement, but she is a female leader for these girls, trying to prove that women are worth more than being objectified by men.

She is doing the best she can with a group of talented players that also don't want to buy in and work as a team. It's not all of the time, but a lot of the time. Players listening to the negative remarks parents have to make during the games. Players playing with a crowd of silent fans. Parents only cheering for their kid. Parents saying don't pass the ball to so and so. Parents saying make sure you get your 1000pts. That team could easily be successful if parents kept their egos in check and called their kids out for being poor teammates and selfish. Regina does what she can, but with little to no support from parents it's an uphill battle.
I agree with ur comments concerning her being objectives and inappropriate comments toward her. Ans how parents are not team player therefore their children aren’t.

However, her inability to get buy in and squash the parents is the main reason she schools not have been hired to begin with. They were better qualified and people with much more varsity experience (1 game would be more) than the current coach. The whole situation is not fair to the kids nor the current coach. She should not have been put in that situation bc she wasn’t ready.

anking24
Waterboy

Post by anking24 »

Yes varsity is a different animal than junior high for sure! They started the season strong and then hit a slump. I don't think she is doing a bad job, especially compared to where we were at last year. She at least has the desire to win. I have a few years until my daughter is up there. So i am just trying to find the positives and be supportive.

BEBETTER
Waterboy

Post by BEBETTER »

anking24- you responding and mentioning your daughter not being there for a few years gives me a heads up of who you are. Ironically a few years ago you were not supportive of decisions that were made with Rec ball that also involved the current coach and that she was going to be coaching your daughter in a league and you were not. Glad to see you have switched sides and are no longer upset, with you not being needed. I believe those were your words.

She can't control what the kids hear from parents and the actions of them. As for not playing team ball, pull them, make them sit and watch the other girls play which will directly affect them trying to get their 1000 points. There are kids on the bench that would love to have their minutes!

anking24
Waterboy

Post by anking24 »

Yeah I mean I wasn't really trying to hide who I am? Is that what we're supposed to do? Because these are all things I've also verbalized in person.

Correct, last year definitely had some feelings of anger and being upset. But spent a year reflecting and growing as a person and actually sat down and talked with the coach and cleared a lot of air, to discover we really didn't have any issues with each other. Given the other choice for coach, I would take Regina, all day everyday. So I can't really tell if you're making fun of me for changing my stance and clearing the air and working things out with her. Or if you're being genuine. It doesn't matter either way. Sometimes you learn new information that allows you to change your mind.

anking24
Waterboy

Post by anking24 »

Oh and I agree, sit them until they can work as a team!

BEBETTER
Waterboy

Post by BEBETTER »

Wasn't making fun of you at all just asked a question. It's good to clear the air. I believe there were many other people apply and interview for the position so I'm not totally sure who you prefer her over and that doesn't really matter. I'm glad you got the coach you wanted and hopefully when my daughter is the age to play in HS I will also. Regina is by no means a bad person and is well liked. She will get better with experience and hopefully learn from others that have been in her position. I wish nothing but well for the program. In small communities you have to support each other and hope for the best.

Eagle Pappaw
Riding the Bench

Post by Eagle Pappaw »

BEBETTER wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:33 am Wasn't making fun of you at all just asked a question. It's good to clear the air. I believe there were many other people apply and interview for the position so I'm not totally sure who you prefer her over and that doesn't really matter. I'm glad you got the coach you wanted and hopefully when my daughter is the age to play in HS I will also. Regina is by no means a bad person and is well liked. She will get better with experience and hopefully learn from others that have been in her position. I wish nothing but well for the program. In small communities you have to support each other and hope for the best.
This sounds like people objectifrying her personailty.

anking24
Waterboy

Post by anking24 »

BEBETTER wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:33 am Wasn't making fun of you at all just asked a question. It's good to clear the air. I believe there were many other people apply and interview for the position so I'm not totally sure who you prefer her over and that doesn't really matter. I'm glad you got the coach you wanted and hopefully when my daughter is the age to play in HS I will also. Regina is by no means a bad person and is well liked. She will get better with experience and hopefully learn from others that have been in her position. I wish nothing but well for the program. In small communities you have to support each other and hope for the best.

100%. Thank you for the feedback and understanding.

Eagle Pappaw
Riding the Bench

Post by Eagle Pappaw »

Cant wait to watch this team play again.

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

Well, you can wait another year Dirty Pappaw since she got out-coached once again.

Return to “Girls Basketball”