23-24 Portsmouth Lady Trojans

Black Panther
SEO

23-24 Portsmouth Lady Trojans

Post by Black Panther »

They deserve a fresh thread for the upcoming season.Best of Luck to Amy,Mr.Hughes and the team this season.

"I have a deep affection for the University of Pittsburgh.It is my University.I am proud to be a Pitt man.”-Jock Sutherland
Prime Time
All State

Re: 23-24 Portsmouth Lady Trojans

Post by Prime Time »

Can any team in The district in Div 111 even stay close to the Lady Trojans this year! Has Portsmouth beefed up non schedule games starting this year, the only team I can even think of regardless of division would be Fairland of making it a game. Will this be the most elite talent assembled by a girls team in Portsmouth’s history! Can any team stay within 20 + points against these talented Trojans! How high will the Trojans be ranked in Div 3 this year! Name a team in Div 3 that is close in talent as these young Trojans in the State! Good Luck and stay healthy Lady Trojans!

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Has a schedule been put out yet! Scioto County has a new girls dynasty about to start! With the Trojans boys now under Coach Lisath and Coach Hughes leading the girls, Portsmouthhas top tier Coaching!

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Prime Time wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:17 pm Can any team in The district in Div 111 even stay close to the Lady Trojans this year! Has Portsmouth beefed up non schedule games starting this year, the only team I can even think of regardless of division would be Fairland of making it a game. Will this be the most elite talent assembled by a girls team in Portsmouth’s history! Can any team stay within 20 + points against these talented Trojans! How high will the Trojans be ranked in Div 3 this year! Name a team in Div 3 that is close in talent as these young Trojans in the State! Good Luck and stay healthy Lady Trojans!

On behalf of all other Portsmouth posters….you’re an embarrassment. Let’s not be another Ironton football. Sure the team will be good, they’ll have a ton of young talent, some girls who will play at the next level. But they haven’t stepped on the court for 1 second yet, Fairland is still the team or beat until they beat them. You’re either trying to be funny or you’re just naive but it’s embarrassing how cocky you’re being or trying to be.

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

Prime Time wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:17 pm Can any team in The district in Div 111 even stay close to the Lady Trojans this year! Has Portsmouth beefed up non schedule games starting this year, the only team I can even think of regardless of division would be Fairland of making it a game. Will this be the most elite talent assembled by a girls team in Portsmouth’s history! Can any team stay within 20 + points against these talented Trojans! How high will the Trojans be ranked in Div 3 this year! Name a team in Div 3 that is close in talent as these young Trojans in the State! Good Luck and stay healthy Lady Trojans!
Fairland will do a lot more than make it a game! Portsmouth will not beat Fairland this year.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Jon, I would think Fairland would welcome more stiffer games than your 40 point average wins against the OVC teams. I believe this Portsmouth squad will be a hard out, maybe Fairland still wins but it wont be by 40 plus points, I see single digit win or loss games.Other than Rock Hills game , name a game that was remotely competitve.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

The Lady Trojans made the district final last season with only 1 sub off the bench, but this year PHS will feature a much deeper bench with a freshmen class that won 2 consecutive OVC titles in JH. In addition to that, Portsmouth returns all 5 starters, led by JR Daysha Reid and SO Sienna Allen. I feel that this year the Lady Trojans can make a serious run to the D3 Final 4 and challenge for the OVC title if they can defeat Fairland and Rock Hill who handed PHS all of their conference losses. A year of valuable experience to go with the talent and the coaching of Amy and Mike Hughes should have the Lady Trojans primed for a special season.

Prime Time: There is 1 team in D3 that rules this division......and that is 8 time state champion Africentric, who just happen to be the defending D3 state champions. I'm saying Portsmouth has a good chance to make the Final 4, in part for what I posted above and that Fairland is D2 again.

Of course a lot has to go right to get to a Final 4 or win the OVC, and like Buckeye Blood said, there hasn't been a game played yet. But the proverbial "on paper" evaluation has the Lady Trojans ready to take that next step up.
Last edited by trojandave on Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Some good points made above,and like posted the lady Trojans will be a handful,but let's get a few games in and see how we get started ,I'm looking for a very fun season watching this team.

Yes , Fairland is top dog until you can beat them,and like trojan Dave said I think we can definitely compete with them

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

TrojanDave, as a old Coach use to say,To be the best , you have to play the best, win or lose! Only makes you better. As I looked at Portsmouth schedule outside the OVC, I can see that thinking play up with teams not down. Especially when you want to get the most out of very talented players. Everyone is right on here Fairland is the Kings of OVC until someone takes that title away! But what I’ve read and everyone is very hyped over this Portsmouth group. I can see Portsmouth playing out of conference games against Div 1 and 2 teams and holding there own. Good Luck to these Trojans!Columbus Africentric will at least have a team to make them work very hard to advance in tournament now TrojanDave .

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

Prime Time wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:29 pm Jon, I would think Fairland would welcome more stiffer games than your 40 point average wins against the OVC teams. I believe this Portsmouth squad will be a hard out, maybe Fairland still wins but it wont be by 40 plus points, I see single digit win or loss games.Other than Rock Hills game , name a game that was remotely competitve.
I agree. Definitely hope for a more competitive game. It should be.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

The Lady Trojans 2023-24 schedule:

11/4 H Scrimmage vs. Reynoldsburg
11/11 Scrimmage @ Mason....1:00
11/15 Scrimmage H Unioto....7:00
11/18 Scrimmage @ Jackson..11:00
11/18 OVC Preview TBA
11/22 Scrimmage @Logan.....5:00

Regular Season: All games at 7:00 unless otherwise indicated.

11/28 H Boyd Co.
12/4 A Rock Hill
12-9 A Boyd County vs. Pikeville, KY 2:00 PM
12/10 A Shawnee State vs. Fort Fry TBA
12/11 H Coal Grove
12/14 H Chesapeake
12/16 H Mason County, KY
12/18 A Ironton
12/27 A Gallia Academy
1/4 H South Point
1/6 A Mason County, KY
1/8 H Fairland
1/11 H Rock Hill
1/14 A Classic in the Country 5:20 PM
1/15 A Classic in the Country 3:00 PM
1/18 H Gallia Academy
1/22 A Coal Grove
1/25 A Chesapeake
1/29 H Ironton
2/1 A South Point
2/8 A Boyd County, KY
2/10 A Fairland 2:00 PM

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

I love the non-conference schedule. I'd like to see them play the BURG and depending on what West has coming back and possibly North Adams. But not many girls team around here would give them a good look.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Lol, That figures Burg, West, North Adam’s wants no part n being trounced by the Lady Trojans, with this schedule will be more seasoned for the tournament . Then maybe these teams will meet up with the Trojans, should be quite interesting in those results. Good
Iuckto the Portsmouth squad this season. Also Congrats for scheduling and winning against Reynoldsburg in scrimmage. last years Div 1 State Champs with 4 returnees. Question , do you think any of those 3 teams mentioned above will schedule the Trojans in next 4-5 years or wait 7 or 8 years when they maybe see they possibly can win. This years schedule is quite the upgrade and Mason And Boyd County’s ,Pikeville from Kentucky all have solid girls programs

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

Prime Time wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:24 pm Lol, That figures Burg, West, North Adam’s wants no part n being trounced by the Lady Trojans, with this schedule will be more seasoned for the tournament . Then maybe these teams will meet up with the Trojans, should be quite interesting in those results. Good
Iuckto the Portsmouth squad this season. Also Congrats for scheduling and winning against Reynoldsburg in scrimmage. last years Div 1 State Champs with 4 returnees. Question , do you think any of those 3 teams mentioned above will schedule the Trojans in next 4-5 years or wait 7 or 8 years when they maybe see they possibly can win. This years schedule is quite the upgrade and Mason And Boyd County’s ,Pikeville from Kentucky all have solid girls programs
Reynoldsburg did not win the D1 state championship last year. That was two years ago.

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

JonJon: Thanks for the correction on Reynoldsburg.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Prime Time wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:24 pm Lol, That figures Burg, West, North Adam’s wants no part n being trounced by the Lady Trojans, with this schedule will be more seasoned for the tournament . Then maybe these teams will meet up with the Trojans, should be quite interesting in those results. Good
Where was this confidence the past 10 years? Don’t recall Portsmouth begging to play Burg over those years. And now you are accusing Burg of dodging Portsmouth? Wow!!

Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Post by Lovehoops1 »

Unbelievable why didn't Portsmouth beg to play those teams last 10 years instead of waiting until they were good. There are many reasons those teams won't play some good some bad.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Very impressive win over Boyd Co.tonight.

"I have a deep affection for the University of Pittsburgh.It is my University.I am proud to be a Pitt man.”-Jock Sutherland
fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

:lol: You wanted no part of those teams before now
:lol: What a joke
Probably don’t want to play ports because of the entire circus and sideshow that follows them everywhere

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

fbnut wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:25 am
:lol: You wanted no part of those teams before now
:lol: What a joke
Probably don’t want to play ports because of the entire circus and sideshow that follows them everywhere

Go ahead and just openly say you’re racist, no need to beat around the bush

Return to “Girls Basketball”