SEOPS HO

Re: Lady Trojans scores and updates on the new season

Post by biggdowgg »

Final
Lady trojans 60

Lady tigers 26

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

First place Trojans (12-0) have one more opponent to face before the showdown with Fairland. PHS plays at South Point on Thursday, and the Pointers have a competitive team, being in 3rd in the OVC standings. The Lady Trojans have to be focused on the Pointers and not the Dragons.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Portsmouth lady trojans defeated south point this evening by a score of ,61 to 25

With this win the lady trojans can do no worse then a share of the OVC championship.

Proud of the lady trojans,they have played great all year.

Good luck on Monday when you all travel to Fairland!!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

VERY PROUD OF THE LADY TROJANS AND COACHES AMY AND MIKE HUGHES!

Looking forward to the game Monday to see the Lady Trojans get the opportunity to win the OVC outright!!

It will a tough game, because the Fairland Dragons are REALLY good, but our Trojans can do it!!

This program has come a long way, and what's really exciting is that we have our top 8 all back for next season, and add to that the JH OVC tournament runnerups!!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Lady trojans 51
Lady dragons 68

Great atmosphere and game was close until the 4th ,but fairland shot lights out on the 3.

Still proud of the trojans,got a price of the OVC championship 🏆 , returning our top 8 next year.

Two more games with, Russell,and Boyd county,then the one and done season begins

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR LADY TROJANS ON THEIR CO-OVC CHAMPIONSHIP!! SO PROUD OF YOU......YOU REPRESENTED YOUR SCHOOL, COMMUNITY, AND YOURSELVES WITH CLASS. NOW TAKE ALL THIS INTO THE TOURNAMENT AND GOOD THINGS WILL HAPPEN!!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Lady trojans!

Not done yet!!

Great things ahead , always stay focused on the goal ,and always listen to the coaches!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

They are doing great things and look like a potential Final Four team but just don't see them getting by Africentric, at least this year.

There scores our crazy. They beat one team 79-1 and have held 7 opponents to 5 points or less and 9 opponents to 10 points or less.

84Dragon
JV Team

Post by 84Dragon »

Private schools should have their own tourney . It usually makes a great season for a public for nothing , theyll never have a legit shot at winning it all.

muskiefan11
JV Team

Post by muskiefan11 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:41 am They are doing great things and look like a potential Final Four team but just don't see them getting by Africentric, at least this year.

There scores our crazy. They beat one team 79-1 and have held 7 opponents to 5 points or less and 9 opponents to 10 points or less.
Don’t get me wrong I’m sure Africentric is very good and those are impressive numbers, but those teams that have held to 9 or less are Columbus City League opponents who are atrocious. Those with decent records beat the other bad teams.

Opponents held under 10 points:
2x Briggs 6-13
Eastmoor 12-9
2x Independence 7-11
2x West 1-18
2x Marion-Franklin 2-15

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

One game at a time, focus on who's up next ,and that's Boyd county KY. Tonight at Boyd county
Last edited by biggdowgg on Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Lady Trojans took a bit of a thumping last night via the hands of Boyd County. 66-39 was the final or something close to it. BC shot the ball well, Trojans couldn’t score on the zone. Middle was wide open most of the time, but nobody could get into it.

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:58 am Lady Trojans took a bit of a thumping last night via the hands of Boyd County. 66-39 was the final or something close to it. BC shot the ball well, Trojans couldn’t score on the zone. Middle was wide open most of the time, but nobody could get into it.
Not expecting that. Anxious to see how Fairland does against Boyd tomorrow. Tip-off at 1.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Boyd county was hitting everything they shot especially 3 balls , that's one thing they didn't do when Portsmouth beat Them earlier in the year,I think when we played them the first time they was ranked 10 in Kentucky,not sure about now or how they have done since.

I thought I heard them say they play fairland tomorrow but didn't catch if it was at fairland or home.

Our girls will be fine,one more home game against Russell next week then on to the one and done season.

Go trojans!!

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

biggdowgg wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:57 pm Boyd county was hitting everything they shot especially 3 balls , that's one thing they didn't do when Portsmouth beat Them earlier in the year,I think when we played them the first time they was ranked 10 in Kentucky,not sure about now or how they have done since.

I thought I heard them say they play fairland tomorrow but didn't catch if it was at fairland or home.

Our girls will be fine,one more home game against Russell next week then on to the one and done season.

Go trojans!!
It’s at Boyd at 1

TrojanTru
Waterboy

Post by TrojanTru »

84Dragon wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:19 pm Private schools should have their own tourney . It usually makes a great season for a public for nothing , theyll never have a legit shot at winning it all.
Afrocentric is a public school.

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

I think The Lady Trojans can make some noise in the tournament. Only negative that I've seen the last 2 games Fairland & Boyd is when stuff gets tuff, they kind of shut down. I saw Boyd diving on the floor, being physical and the trojans didn't want any part of that. Fairland attacked #5 all night hitting shots and attacking the rim on her. She is a freshman which is expected but I can see that hurting them in the later part of the tournament. Allen didn't play well against Boyd nor Fairland but when she does then the trojans can roll.

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

Let's go Lady Trojans and end the regular season tomorrow with a win over a good Russell, KY team. Now is the time to get that winning momentum back now that the tournament is close. Those who have watched these Lady Trojans know what they are capable of, certainly good enough to get a share of the OVC title with a great Fairland team.

84Dragon
JV Team

Post by 84Dragon »

TrojanTru wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:42 am
84Dragon wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:19 pm Private schools should have their own tourney . It usually makes a great season for a public for nothing , theyll never have a legit shot at winning it all.
Afrocentric is a public school.
Yes but Cincinnati Purcell Marian , in FHSs division ,is private . Archbishop Alter , who is currently ranked #1 in Portsmouths division , is a private school. I do think Portsmouth has a good shot at making the final four if they play together .

I know a coach from one of the private schools that isnt that successful in athletics . He told me that the public schools in the cities have plenty of ways of getting around the boundries that determine where a kid can go to school at .

Return to “Girls Basketball”