Fairland vs Portsmouth

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Re: Fairland vs Portsmouth

Post by trojandave »

Portsmouth typically plays a junior high game prior to the varsity contest. The JH game starts around 6, with the varsity game at 7:30.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Tip off at 7 ,no junior high game.

Tough tough game,but go Trojans!!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

End of 1
Lady Trojans 16
Lady Dragon 13

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Halftime

Lady Trojans 26
Lady Dragons 23

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

End of 3
Lady trojans 44
Lady dragons 40

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

55-51 Portsmouth wow big win for the young team 💪

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Congrats to the lady Trojans on the massive win against the lady Dragons. Great game to watch

Who Dey!
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

When was the last time the fairland girls lost a game regular season.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Wow! Congrats! I knew they could do it!

"I have a deep affection for the University of Pittsburgh.It is my University.I am proud to be a Pitt man.”-Jock Sutherland
biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Final
Lady Trojans 55
Lady dragons 51

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:35 pm When was the last time the fairland girls lost a game regular season.
12/11/2021 was their last regular season loss. Last OVC loss was the previous season.

Portsmouth handled the full court pressure and besides a few quick shots, really controlled the tempo. Less than 10 turnovers in the game was the difference, IMO, because that limited the chances that Fairland had to get out and run.

KeKe Woods was awesome for the Trojans. You knew Allen and Reid would have to have big games, but the smallest player on the court caused issues the whole night for Fairland on the offensive end and did a nice job of handling the ball in the first half as well.

Good game, I’ll take the Dragons in the rematch, but both should make very deep runs.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Ke ke is a handful for who ever she guard's, all motor and no stop ,we knew she would definitely start as a freshman for her defense alone,but she was high scorer last game with 14 ,so she can put some points on the board too.

Reid really stepped up in the 4th to help seal the win it was a great game all the way around.

I like our chances in the next match up as well especially if we play defense and slow down their 3 point shooting.

84Dragon
JV Team

Post by 84Dragon »

Good win for the Trojans . Fairland didnt really seem that interested in the game , very methodical and slow imo. I guess when youre used to winning , the games arent as fun . Portsmouth played great , looking forward to the game in Pville.

Mc1196
Riding the Bench

Post by Mc1196 »

Portsmouth looked great they played as a team and wanted to win
Fairland had 10 turnovers in the third quarter alone and just didn't look interested in the game

muskiefan11
JV Team

Post by muskiefan11 »

Watched via livestream. My unbiased observations:

Portsmouth did a great job of controlling tempo and forcing Fairland to score over them in the half court.

Fairland lives and dies by the 3-ball and last night it hurt them. Not sure why it took them so long to start attacking Portsmouth’s big on ISO’s.

Fairland struggled to pressure Portsmouth’s athletes and keep them in front of them in the half court. Portsmouth did a very good job of spreading the floor and attacking the rim.

In the 4th quarter Portsmouth was excellent at answering every single run/mini-run by Fairland. I also felt that #1 Allen for Portsmouth was the best player on the floor.

Like others have mentioned Fairland seemed somewhat unmotivated, and Portsmouth simply won because they wanted it more.

I imagine this game will be a very important motivator for Fairland and will refocus them for the home stretch of the season. As for Portsmouth the win should be a huge confidence booster.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR LADY TROJANS ON A HUGE WIN OVER FAIRLAND!!

So proud of these Lady Trojans.......they played their hearts out and were gassed in the 4th quarter, yet they stayed the course and made the key plays and baskets when they were needed. For this program to come this far from being on the bottom of the OVC not too long ago is a credit to the players and the coaching staff. Also giving a shoutout to the Lady Dragons, who are 1 very tough basketball team.

Great crowd last night, and it had all the makings of a tournament atmosphere. After the game, to see the team celebrating was a joyous time, for the win was well earned.

Biggdowgg told me that Fairland went 7-24 from the arc, and that was a huge factor in the outcome. Last season at PHS, the Lady Dragons shot lights out on 3's en route to an easy victory.

But tonight was a different story.......the Lady Trojans won this game with their defense. Blocked shots, steals, rebounds, and forcing turnovers highlighted the Lady Trojans' efforts on that end of the court.

It will be a tough task to go to Proctorville and beat the Lady Dragons on their court, but I wouldn't count these Lady Trojans out. PHS has a great opportunity to finish no worse than a tie for the OVC title.

Both these teams have a great chance to dance in the Final 4 in their respective divisions.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Congrats goes to the Lady Trojans! Watched the live feed and Portsmouth is the real deal. They just served notice that they are for real and plan on making huge impact in Div 3. Athletes all over court but Trojans athletes are fast, and gifted basketball talents with hi IQs on the game. I was impressed by all the Trojans but I believe Keke is an absolute beast in quickness, tenacity, and just plain a great guard. Also Reid , Allen , Carter should be considered as some of best in the state and 6 3 Cantrell makes huge difference in paint, blocking shots and doing a great job all round. As I see it Portsmouth at the least should tie for the OVC and has a chance to double down on the Dragons. Top 2 teams in Ohio in Div 2 and 3. Wow what a game! Also Congrats to Portsmouths Coaches, great game plan and girls responded to great Coaching. Congrats to both teams , best game I have seen this season boys or girls.How tough is the OVC! Reid , Allen and Woods all had All Ohio worthy games !

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

This game really shocked me. Congratulations to the Trojans. They definitely wanted it more. They outplayed, out hustled, and out coached the dragons. They definitely wanted it more. Idk what was wrong with fairland, but they just seemed not involved. There were absolutely NO coaching adjustments by fairland. I still believe fairland is the better team by double digits, but they definitely weren’t last night. Congratulations to the Trojans. You deserved it.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I sit next to some fairland parents ,very nice respectful people good luck to fairland the rest of the year , except with our second match up.

I think it's unfair to the kids and coaches to say they wasn't interested, from where I sit it was a dog fight to the last tic on the clock,both teams were gassed at the end of the 4th qtr and still kept reaching down and fighting hard for this win, I seen some fairland players very upset after the game,how can you not be motivated to finally play the toughest team on your ovc schedule to protect a 40 some game winning streak??

Even one of the fairland parents sitting next to me said this is a good game for both teams to finally play some tough competition,some of these players from both teams play on the same AAU team,both teams know what they was coming into.

I give fairland a lot of credit,they are a very very good team, I'm definitely not taking anything away from the lady Trojans by saying fairland wasn't interested in this game.

And I still believe the second game will be just as good.

Just my opinion.

Great win lady Trojans and I'm hoping to win the OVC .

Not just share it!

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Portsmouth's Defense was the bomb. Best D theDragons has faced, maybe that's why the excuses of them looking uninterested. lol, they didn't look like they were uninterested but when you beat teams by 30-40 points a game thatmay. Make a loss look that way. Thefans had never seen a team play D on them as good as the Trojans did. maybe the fans were uninterested in watching a great D. All the credit goes to Portsmouth

Return to “Girls Basketball”