Portsmouth Lady Trojans vs. Portsmouth West Lady Senators in D3 Logan Regional Semifinal

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Portsmouth Lady Trojans vs. Portsmouth West Lady Senators in D3 Logan Regional Semifinal

Post by trojandave »

The Portsmouth Lady Trojans will face the Portsmouth West Lady Senators at Logan HS on Wednesday 3/6 at 8:00 PM. The Trojans and Senators met in the district final last season at Waverly, with PW winning a very close game decided in the last minute. PHS is coming off a convincing 54-17 win over Minford in the district championship.

In the other regional semifinal, North Adams faces Fort Frye at 6:00 PM at Logan. Portsmouth defeated FF in the regular season 32-28.

GO LADY TROJANS!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!

SiderBlood
All Conference

Re: Portsmouth Lady Trojans vs. Portsmouth West Lady Senators in D3 Logan Regional Semifinal

Post by SiderBlood »

Good luck Lady Siders! From not winning an SOC, to back to back with 2 district championships in a row is a crazy turnaround. Very young, but talented. Will be a tall task, but these ladies are tough. And mentally tough. When the chips are on the line, they always seem to answer.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
SiderBlood
All Conference

Re: Portsmouth Lady Trojans vs. Portsmouth West Lady Senators in D3 Logan Regional Semifinal

Post by SiderBlood »

Why do the girls not play at the convo anymore?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

SiderBlood wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:44 pm Why do the girls not play at the convo anymore?
When have they? I can remember one year in the last 20 years that they did.

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

It been years as I watched Oak Hill girls play there in between boys games. It was when Hale was the coach if that gives you an idea.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

So crazy that 2 teams just a few miles apart are going to Logan to play a game. But I guess that’s the fun part as well, traveling to places you rarely see to play.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

danicalifornia wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:06 pm
SiderBlood wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:44 pm Why do the girls not play at the convo anymore?
Never had teams to go watch, but probably 2012ish I remember going there to watch our girls play Fairland.

Mc1196
Riding the Bench

Post by Mc1196 »

PW can't play with Portsmouth seen both teams play Portsmouth by as much as they want

TrojanDon
Waterboy

Post by TrojanDon »

Portsmouth can’t lose to any team left. Will walk to a state title!!!! Unless coaching gets in the way!!

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Congrats to Lady Trojans! Saw the Fort Frye game, this one will be a very close game, last game was 3 -4 points at SSU. Portsmouth has to be hitting from outside and play a more intense defense on them. But I beleive this team has it in them to get to final 4. Dayton is within reach, this is your time now, to do it! Lets Go! I believe the Coaching is top notch by the way!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Nothing is a given in regional play, no matter how much of a favorite a certain team is. It's a 1 game scenario. I've seen our Lady Trojans beat Fairland, and if they bring that level of play to Logan, they will be hard to beat.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

TrojanDon wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:24 am Portsmouth can’t lose to any team left. Will walk to a state title!!!! Unless coaching gets in the way!!
Tell me you haven't seen Africentric without telling me you haven't seen Africentric.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Crab's Brother wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:46 am
TrojanDon wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:24 am Portsmouth can’t lose to any team left. Will walk to a state title!!!! Unless coaching gets in the way!!
Tell me you haven't seen Africentric without telling me you haven't seen Africentric.
Feel like this has to be a troll job right? Portsmouth ladies are really good, but to say they’ll walk to a state title is crazy.

Who Dey!
Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

PTrojan59 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:02 pm
Feel like this has to be a troll job right? Portsmouth ladies are really good, but to say they’ll walk to a state title is crazy.
I would assume, but you never know anymore. Haha.

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

This is the last year that there will be a 4 division system. The OHSAA will go to a 7 division system starting next season. It will be interesting to see how that affects district and regional play. Now there's about 200 schools in each division; next season the projection is for the D1 and D2 divisions to have about 64 schools each, with the remaining 5 divisions having about 133 schools each.

Most likely it will be a little easier to win the state title, but it will still will be a great accomplishment.

The "participation trophy" critics I'm sure will use the above to merit their stance, but I'm all for more kids getting a better chance to experience something that might have been more distant in past years. Maybe this will increase the participation numbers, and if it does, that's good by me. If you give kids a reasonable chance to accomplish something, that might be enough motivation to get them off the couch.

I've run 13 marathons in my life, and 5 ultramarathons. I got a "finisher" medal (participation medal) for crossing the finish line in every one of them......and I didn't feel any less gratification for getting them......and I never won any of those events. Those medals mean a lot to me even to this day.

dantargaryen
Riding the Bench

Post by dantargaryen »

GO LADY TROJANS!

Looking forward to both OVC Co-Champions being in the Elite 8!

Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Post by Lovehoops1 »

Crab's Brother wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:04 pm
PTrojan59 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:02 pm

I would assume, but you never know anymore. Haha.
Can Portsmouth win the state yes very very outside chance. Teams like Africentric etc are on a whole nother level and game speed.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

I remember Marietta girls winning a D2 district championship in the Convo 12 to 18 years ago. I remember being concerned bad shooting might doom them in the great expanse, but they did very well shooting. Only the district final was played in the Convo though.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

mhs95_06 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:50 am
I remember Marietta girls winning a D2 district championship in the Convo 12 to 18 years ago. I remember being concerned bad shooting might doom them in the great expanse, but they did very well shooting. Only the district final was played in the Convo though.
My only game I ever watched West girls play that far was 2012 also. I’m pretty sure we lost to Fairland in a close one. I must have landed on the only time they have. I’ll change my question then. Why don’t they play at the convo?

Return to “Girls Basketball”