Portsmouth lady trojans vs North Adams lady Green devils

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Re: Portsmouth lady trojans vs North Adams lady Green devils

Post by Jonjon »

danicalifornia wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:52 pm
Hoopie74 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:22 pm Glad everyone is overlooking the green devils. Bulletin board material. Good luck to both teams.
It doesn’t matter. They can have all the bulletin board material that they want, if you turn the ball over against a passive zone, you’re going to turn it over a ton against Portsmouth.
Dani is not lying. It doesn’t mean North Adams isn’t a great team. There’s just a difference between a state caliber team and others. Same as Fairland. There are just some special teams sometimes. Portsmouth will be even better next year! North Adams has had an incredible year. Any team in southeast Ohio would be thrilled to go to elite 8. Anything else is usually just a bonus.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Jonjon wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:17 pm
Hoopie74 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:22 pm Glad everyone is overlooking the green devils. Bulletin board material. Good luck to both teams.
It doesn’t matter. They can have all the bulletin board material that they want, if you turn the ball over against a passive zone, you’re going to turn it over a ton against Portsmouth.
Dani is not lying. It doesn’t mean North Adams isn’t a great team. There’s just a difference between a state caliber team and others. Same as Fairland. There are just some special teams sometimes. Portsmouth will be even better next year! North Adams has had an incredible year. Any team in southeast Ohio would be thrilled to go to elite 8. Anything else is usually just a bonus.
Exactly. I think extremely highly of Coach Davis and his program, they did a great job of testing themselves this season and it’s gotten them back to the Elite 8. It’s just a really bad matchup for them and that’s with seeing each team a handful of times.

Nobody will think less of NA after Saturday, but I just don’t see a way for them to win this game.

ty.stephens
Freshman Team

Post by ty.stephens »

danicalifornia wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:56 pm
Jonjon wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:17 pm

Exactly. I think extremely highly of Coach Davis and his program, they did a great job of testing themselves this season and it’s gotten them back to the Elite 8. It’s just a really bad matchup for them and that’s with seeing each team a handful of times.

Nobody will think less of NA after Saturday, but I just don’t see a way for them to win this game.
Hopefully it’s a good ballgame. Portsmouth only beat Fort Frye earlier in the year 32-28

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Hoopie74: Not everyone as you say is overlooking North Adams. You're saying it. I and a lot of Trojan fans, myself and biggdowgg included, know that our Lady Trojans have to play a good game to advance to the Final 4. It's a 1 game scenario, not a best of 7. North Adams is a good team, and they've earned their way to the regional final.

ty.stephens: I don't put much stock at all with comparative scores; yes Portsmouth did only beat Fort Frye 32-28 in December, but also beat Portsmouth West by 30 in the regional semifinal, the same West that NA lost to 49-40 in the regular season. So if you're going to use comparative scores as to who has an edge, a partial comparison is not a fair comparison.

This game is not a lock for Portsmouth by any means. Our coaches and players know it.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Haha!!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Looks like someone is trying to "create" some bulletin board material to me lol.

I can promise you coach Hughes and her staff is looking past NO ONE? Especially NA ,they watched them play before their game and they know what they bring to the game,

Safe travels to both teams to and from Logan, let's let these two great teams entertain us as we cheer them on !
Go trojans

dantargaryen
Riding the Bench

Post by dantargaryen »

GO LADY TROJANS!!!

Would love to see the OVC have 2 teams in Dayton this season!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

trojandave wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:59 am Hoopie74: Not everyone as you say is overlooking North Adams. You're saying it. I and a lot of Trojan fans, myself and biggdowgg included, know that our Lady Trojans have to play a good game to advance to the Final 4. It's a 1 game scenario, not a best of 7. North Adams is a good team, and they've earned their way to the regional final.

ty.stephens: I don't put much stock at all with comparative scores; yes Portsmouth did only beat Fort Frye 32-28 in December, but also beat Portsmouth West by 30 in the regional semifinal, the same West that NA lost to 49-40 in the regular season. So if you're going to use comparative scores as to who has an edge, a partial comparison is not a fair comparison.

This game is not a lock for Portsmouth by any means. Our coaches and players know it.
Do you know if this game is broadcast? I’d like to catch the Portsmouth girls play heard nothing but great things about this group and to think only 1 starter is a senior is crazy.

BasketballFan22
Riding the Bench

Post by BasketballFan22 »

Any live stream links for the game?

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Portsmouth up at half 21-11 if I heard radio correctly.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

BasketballFan22 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:57 pm Any live stream links for the game?
C103 Good Guys Radio TV in Adams Co. (on youtube audio only)

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Portsmouth is up 12 at the end of 3. Should be up 30+ at this point. Too many missed layups and turnovers.

Post by PTrojan59 »

Congrats Lady Trojans!!! Final 4 bound to take on a tough Ottawa Glandorf team.

Who Dey!
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats to the Lady Trojans. Good luck at Dayton.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Fun game. Everyone playing hard . Congrats to Lady Trojans. May as well for play hard and smart and bring home some gold next week. I'm sure a lot of Adams county people will be there to cheer for ya! Good luck.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Congrats to the Portsmouth girls and Coach’s Amy and Mike Hughes! At this point, it’s win and advance, whether 1 point or 30 points. as long as the Defense is smothering you’ll be in every game , here on out. defense wins games. Good Luck in semi finals in Dayton! This Portsmouth team has unlimited potential the next 4-5 year at least. I saw where 8 grade team was very good also.

TrojanTru
Waterboy

Post by TrojanTru »

greygoose wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:58 pm
Do you know if this game is broadcast? I’d like to catch the Portsmouth girls play heard nothing but great things about this group and to think only 1 starter is a senior is crazy.
They don’t start any Seniors. The only Senior on the team is the 8th man.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Very proud of our Final 4 bound Lady Trojans!! It wasn't the prettiest game on offense, but as usual Portsmouth's defense was the big difference. Now on to Dayton, where the competition is tough but Portsmouth has already beaten Fairland and Shaker Heights Laurel, who are playing in one of the D2 semifinals. I'm sure Coaches Amy and Mike Hughes will have the Lady Trojans fully prepared to battle a good Ottawa-Glandorf team.

No seniors in the starting lineup, and 2 of those starters are freshmen. Probably a rare thing to see 2 FR starting for a Final 4 team.

Also a salute to the North Adams Lady Green Devils for a valiant effort. Made the Lady Trojans really work for the win.

Return to “Girls Basketball”