Waverly FINALLY hires soccer coach

soccerfix
Varsity

Re: Waverly FINALLY hires soccer coach

Post by soccerfix »

Sounds like the Burg has recruited some more of the South Webster's team this year.

Sports_Tracker
Freshman Team

Post by Sports_Tracker »

Soccerfix that is so funny!!! You can't be serious!!!

Tigereyez
Riding the Bench

Post by Tigereyez »

Prediction:
First Game, Waverly 4-3 against Burg
Second Game, Waverly 3-2 against Burg
Old Waverly Coach played in college because dad was coach. Dad told sons what to do at Waverly. New coaches for Waverly will out do the family trio.

socman
Varsity

Post by socman »

Enough about the coaches. The Murphys were amazing and did wonders for the Waverly program. The new regime will take over where they left off.
Lets start talking about the players. This should be another exciting year in the league.

Tigereyez
Riding the Bench

Post by Tigereyez »

I agree socman. I notice you post a lot about your own family and their abilities in soccer from years ago. We should talk about the current players and the new season.

Tigereyez
Riding the Bench

Post by Tigereyez »

Congratulations socman for your new coaching position.
Good Luck, Waverly Tigers are behind you 100 percent.

Tiger 71
Waterboy

Post by Tiger 71 »

socman wrote:Enough about the coaches. The Murphys were amazing and did wonders for the Waverly program. The new regime will take over where they left off.
Lets start talking about the players. This should be another exciting year in the league.

Blogging is for people to voice their opinion. Some will like your opinion and some will not like your opinion. How do you say "Enough about the coaches." and then you talk about the coaches? Obviously, some benefit from certain coaches and some do not. There have been a decade of complaints on these coaches. That is why they are not there now.

soccerstory
Waterboy

Post by soccerstory »

So true Tiger 71, so true!!!

BIG POPPA
Freshman Team

Post by BIG POPPA »

soccerfix wrote:Sounds like the Burg has recruited some more of the South Webster's team this year.

Its hardly recruiting when a player isn't welcomed at his old school. talked to that student yesterday and have known him for a few years and he seems very happy as a PIRATE.

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

I don't have any beef with the coaches, I just know them and think it will be "interesting" seeing them lead this team. I wish them all the best, hopefully it works out fine.

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

hbk123 wrote:It will be a one year disaster and then they will be looking for another coach.
hbk123 wrote:I don't have any beef with the coaches, I just know them and think it will be "interesting" seeing them lead this team. I wish them all the best, hopefully it works out fine.

Sounds like in April you were looking at the cow!!!!!!!!

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

Time will tell!

magic man
Waterboy

Post by magic man »

wasnt his brother the last coach

B1OHIO
Riding the Bench

Post by B1OHIO »

Someone from waverly told me that waverlys record is now 0-3 because they played an ineligable player in those first three games. Does anyone know if this is true?

maintenanceman
Riding the Bench

Post by maintenanceman »

I heard the same thing, any truth to this?

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

true

Tiger 71
Waterboy

Post by Tiger 71 »

Apparently the coaches of the Waverly Soccer Team were not informed of the ineligible player. The player should have known too. No one can blame the new coaches. Someone needs to fess up and apologize publicly. No chance for a SOC win now. :mad:

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

With some help Waverly, still has a chance with 3 losses. Win out and have Webster and maybe Minford beat the Burg. Remember Northwest was ahead of the Burg with 10 minutes to go. It was a school rule not a state rule that disqualified the player. Bottom line the kid needs to go to school. Somebody dropped the ball on checking the eligibility of the players. A first year coach outside the system needs some help

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

someone knew of the eligibility of the player. if not the school, then the coach and if not them at least the player. a big mess and someone is responsible. i feel for the players that are left with outcome of the decision. the player really let the others down.

socman
Varsity

Post by socman »

It is true and unfortunatly Waverly has had to forfeit their first three games of the season. The player in question made up his work over the summer to be eligible but was still ineligible because of Waverly's attendance policy.
A breakdown in communication between the AD and new coach resulted in this not being recognized until it was too late.
It is a very unfortunate situation but the players and coaches are moving past it and looking forward to the rest of the season. Even though the W's are now L's we, as a team, believe that until we are beaten on the field nothing has changed.

Return to “Soccer”