Burg vs Waverly.......Round 2 @Waverly 10-11

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Re: Burg vs Waverly.......Round 2 @Waverly 10-11

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Burg really should've made the tigers pay last night. They had them underfire in the first 5 minutes of the game. Waverly's Keeper, and defense looked as if they hadn't played a game all season. Very shakey. The pirates just couldn't find the net, unlucky. Tigers missed chances as well, sent several balls sailing over the goal. Goals would've made the game more exciting for sure but it was still fun to watch. Goodluck to both squads.

Bigbadwolf
Freshman Team

Post by Bigbadwolf »

conditions??? both teams play on crappy football fields right? how could that affect their play? Final week of the reg season, you should know how the ball bounces at home!

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

BBW, take a deep breath then a chill pill. sockman is obviously referrin to the wet field. it rained a good bit up north, which adds a whole different elimant to the game. ball is very hard to judge on a wet field. maybe thats why the wav keeper and D struggled Jolly?

onthepitch
Freshman Team

Post by onthepitch »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:Burg really should've made the tigers pay last night. They had them underfire in the first 5 minutes of the game. Waverly's Keeper, and defense looked as if they hadn't played a game all season. Very shakey. The pirates just couldn't find the net, unlucky. Tigers missed chances as well, sent several balls sailing over the goal. Goals would've made the game more exciting for sure but it was still fun to watch. Goodluck to both squads.

FYI first 5 mins Waverly play all their seniors.....Waverly's keeper was shaky at start but had 2 great saves off free kicks. Can't say either team should have scored anything both keepers played a great game. Jolly answer me this how many shutouts does a team need to tally to gain your vote?

On field conditions socman was not saying anything against either team the way it should be looked is both teams would have had less unforced errors and better touches which would have been a better game to watch.

IMHO both teams should have gotten a Pk Burg in first half for handling and Waverly in 2nd for blatant hold in the box but no call either way. Overall great match between 2 good programs

Good luck to Waverly and Burg in tournaments.

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

I'm with onthepitch 100%. Listen JP, Waverly didn't play their usual keeper, it was a senior that hasn't seen the field much this year. Of course he's going to be nervous and make mistakes, probably his first start all year. Secondly, the pitch was probably drenched from the rain and that hurts both teams, especially waverly. You put waverly's 11 best on the field for the whole game and it would have been a different result.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

the score was knotted at 0's regardless of the excuses. both teams battled to the end. good luck to each in the tourney.

socman
Varsity

Post by socman »

The field wasn't wet. Our field is very uneven and very bumpy. Very difficult for a possession based team to play on. That is the reason we moved the tourney game to Piketon.

Also Waverly played their starting GK the entire game.

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

sorry soc, i wasn't at teh game so i dont know for sure. i was just basing my post off of what onthepitch stated. i assumed he/she was at the game and that the statement was valid. my bad.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

great soccer atmosphere for the game. good fans, good teams and even the band. they did a great job. hats off to tigers.

bunt pirate
Freshman Team

Post by bunt pirate »

onthepitch wrote:
Jolly P(irate) wrote:Burg really should've made the tigers pay last night. They had them underfire in the first 5 minutes of the game. Waverly's Keeper, and defense looked as if they hadn't played a game all season. Very shakey. The pirates just couldn't find the net, unlucky. Tigers missed chances as well, sent several balls sailing over the goal. Goals would've made the game more exciting for sure but it was still fun to watch. Goodluck to both squads.

FYI first 5 mins Waverly play all their seniors.....Waverly's keeper was shaky at start but had 2 great saves off free kicks. Can't say either team should have scored anything both keepers played a great game. Jolly answer me this how many shutouts does a team need to tally to gain your vote?

On field conditions socman was not saying anything against either team the way it should be looked is both teams would have had less unforced errors and better touches which would have been a better game to watch.

IMHO both teams should have gotten a Pk Burg in first half for handling and Waverly in 2nd for blatant hold in the box but no call either way. Overall great match between 2 good programs

Good luck to Waverly and Burg in tournaments.

Yea sure, the old "they played the scrubs" speech... get real man.. we all know the burg had them on the ropes all night... if they could have finished 5% of the chances they had this game woulda been a laugher :lol: i really hope we see you guys in tourneys cuz when it really counts we will knock a few in early and make your "magical" season come to a screeching stop... im not trying to sound arrogant or start anything, but the fact that waverly fans always have an excuse makes me sick and it needs to be addressed. anyone that was at that game knows burg out played them... BAD! so yes it was a 0-0 tie, but i think we have the upper hand when/if we meet again... lets hope it happens... good luck to you all in the meantime ... go burg!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Won't play again for at least another 10+ months, since they are in different divisions. Also, if they finished 5% it would've been a laugher? Seems pretty sad then, cause that must mean Burg had between 60 and 80 chances and finished none.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

bunt pirate needs to get a clue.

socman
Varsity

Post by socman »

Bunt-

FYI Shots were Waverly 27 Burg 7

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

socman wrote:Bunt-

FYI Shots were Waverly 27 Burg 7
Of those 7 shots by Burg 4 or five had to come the first half, which means Burg only had the Tigers on the ropes the first half. Waverly dominated last half with very little offense coming from Jarvis and company.

onthepitch
Freshman Team

Post by onthepitch »

Bunt 5% of 7= 0.35

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

sour grapes. i guess the old saying is true in waverly that if "ifs and buts were candy and nuts everyday would be christmas". since they did suffer through playing in the soc best of luck in div ii bracket.

onthepitch
Freshman Team

Post by onthepitch »

No sour grapes in Waverly back to back league titles and 7-0-1 league record allowing only 3 goals against in league all year. Good luck rest of way to both teams

Return to “Soccer”