South Webster @ Waverly

Red Ridding Hood
Riding the Bench

South Webster @ Waverly

Post by Red Ridding Hood »

Rumors of a JV game but Webster doesn't have jv team is game at 6:00 or 8:30??? I've heard both. Will Waverly clinch with a win tonight??

socman
Varsity

Re: South Webster @ Waverly

Post by socman »

Waverly JV is playing Unioto JV at 5:30
Waverly-SW varsity should start arond 7:00

Red Ridding Hood
Riding the Bench

I took 35 to 104 but no SW soccer game here been driving in circles for a half hour??are the times right?

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

Red Ridding Hood wrote:I took 35 to 104 but no SW soccer game here been driving in circles for a half hour??are the times right?
Sounds like you are in Chillicothe. You overshot your goal by 20 miles.

onthepitch
Freshman Team

Post by onthepitch »

Final Waverly 2-0

Wiget 2 goals (1 PK)

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Congrats to the Tigers! Keep rollin

Red Ridding Hood
Riding the Bench

Yes thought it was at unioto from the post. Congrats to soc champion tigers.

vballsoccer178
JV Team

Post by vballsoccer178 »

Thought this was a good game with good intensity. South Webster matched the intensity of Waverly, but Waverly had more chances, & goals.

I hated to see the questionable pk called in the first half, but Wiget scored a great goal in the 2nd half as the wind & rain came rolling in so the pk didn't decide the game anyway.

Good luck Waverly the rest of the season & great job Jeeps - No shame in a loss to a great team when you play that hard.

onthepitch
Freshman Team

Post by onthepitch »

If you happen to watch the film of this game you will see the call was a good one. Websters keeper is too good to try and get away with something like that....use your hands to catch the ball not to pull down other players. Other than that it was a very good game SW came to play . SW has improved since the first meeting that is for sure.

Mr.Smith
Riding the Bench

Post by Mr.Smith »

Waverly's second went into the side net, only because the gust of wind pushed it goal side instead of it heading to the post or out of bounds. It was pretty remarkable. I thought this game was a great one though. Two very good programs that played their butts off last night.

Jeepoholic
Riding the Bench

Post by Jeepoholic »

This was a fun game to watch. I was ready for dorthy and her little dog to go flying by. I don't need to watch film of the game I was there. It is funny I was thinking that 16 is way to good of a player to take a dive like that. Waverly has a very good team and I wish them luck in the tournament.

On a side Note.....Waverly's pregame music may need to be reviewed listened to 2 many songs full of curse words and degrading remarks, this is High School Soccer and should be a family friendly atmosphere should not have to bring earplugs for my kids during pregame. The worst thing is it was youth night and kids were everywhere.

socvwatcher#1
Freshman Team

Post by socvwatcher#1 »

Nice job Waverly. A tough and physical game, but it always is when you play South Webster. Waverly held it together as a team and finished as a team. They had nicely placed goals, good passing and teamwork. Keep it up! Good luck to South Webster in the rest of their season.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Ok, I wasn't at the game but whats this I hear about a "A yellow card, and PK givin for Sportsmanlike Conduct???" A friend of mine in the stands said it was the worst call she'd ever seen. What was the deal???

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

From where I was sitting it looked like the keeper was helping the player up, then the player flopped. Ref saw the flop only. which is totally understandable bc refs often only see the last thing that happens.

socvwatcher#1
Freshman Team

Post by socvwatcher#1 »

Drama! Will it ever end. South Webster would have still have lost without the penalty kick.

Bigbadwolf
Freshman Team

Post by Bigbadwolf »

I also, along with onpitch, filmed the game on my Sony HDR-AX2000 Fully HD Professional VidCam. Using the 10XZEF (10 times zoom enhancement feature for newbs) I got a very good look at the play and know that it was a HORRIBLE call. Its very very obvious with a good camera, not a Wal-Mart special. The OHSAA will also know in 2 days as soon as they recieve my footage. SE ohio deserves better officials than the jokes that were paid for this game. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

socvwatcher#1
Freshman Team

Post by socvwatcher#1 »

I do agree that there were bad calls called both ways. Everyone has their own opinion. Hopefully in the future the upcoming refs will be better trained. Lets move on to the next game for both teams and wish them both good luck.

Mr.Smith
Riding the Bench

Post by Mr.Smith »

A flop in soccer! Never. Let's be honest all sports are picking up on flopping, Basketball and American Football.
Not saying the kid didn't flop (he may have) I only caught the tail end of the sequence that looked like the keeper pulled him down. But that's from 100 yds away. I was glad to see Waverly get a goal before the end so that the pk didn't decide the game. Other than that great game.

GoCats
Riding the Bench

Post by GoCats »

Bad call or good call I dont known. On the other hand if it was a sportsmanship foul correct call I believe is let the play go on, ball was cleared out and waverly had control around 35 to 40 outside of the goal. Next dead ball card the keeper send him of the field. Not bring the ball back for a penalty kick. Never seen the ball brought back to the stripe on sportsmanship call. Most of the year has been spent not giving pk's.

Did not end up being winning goal but it is different playing with a lead vs tied.

socman
Varsity

Post by socman »

Not sure about the call, but I do know for a fact that not a single song on Waverly's pregame mix has a curse word in it. Not sure what you heard or thought you heard. If you know the name of the song you can PM it to me and I'll be sure to double check it and remove it if needed.

Return to “Soccer”