Riding the Bench

Re: South Webster @ Burg

Post by B1OHIO »

webster-2 Burg-1

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

Unless Lewis can pull another bicycle I can't see Webster getting scored on.

BIG POPPA
Freshman Team

Post by BIG POPPA »

If I recall it didn't take a bicycle or pulling a rabbit out of his hat to score on them in previews. But have to say that bicycle kick made more of an impression than the waverly win :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

B1OHIO
Riding the Bench

Post by B1OHIO »

No updates?

chickensoupknowledge
Waterboy

Post by chickensoupknowledge »

Webster 3 Burg 2 Final

Keegan
Freshman Team

Post by Keegan »

Hard fought game all the way. Burg had some defense break down moments that South Webster took full advantage of. This game had all the hype that I thought it would with one of the great rivalries in the Southern Ohio conference.
On a disappointing note today, I couldn't believe the amount of dives for BOTH sides. I wish that people would just play to the full potential that they have and respect the beautiful game.

GoCats
Riding the Bench

Post by GoCats »

One of the great rivalries in the Southern Ohio conference, South Webster had some great moments on offense that Burg just couldnt get the stop. All the way this was a hard fought game, I couldn't believe the amount of dives for BOTH sides. One time they took a dive to the right then to the left. Plenty of free kicks at the top of the 18 yard box. im glad webster was scored on without the use of rabbits or hats. All in all an exciting game.

smack_talk1
Waterboy

Post by smack_talk1 »

Keegan wrote:Hard fought game all the way. Burg had some defense break down moments that South Webster took full advantage of. This game had all the hype that I thought it would with one of the great rivalries in the Southern Ohio conference.
On a disappointing note today, I couldn't believe the amount of dives for BOTH sides. I wish that people would just play to the full potential that they have and respect the beautiful game.

Dives for both sides? It seemed one sided with burg flopping near the box several times. Resulting in a free kick goal.

BIG POPPA
Freshman Team

Post by BIG POPPA »

smack_talk1 wrote:Big poppa if i have you identified correctly you are also a part of the "Lewis Fan Club" who is joined by many other South Webster graduates! And also showed poor class as well as many others did during this game. Correct me if i am wrong please.

Also thoughts on the game?

!!!How does a goal in which your team losses Impress any body more than a 1 - 0 win? I dont understand sounds rather selfish to me if youd rather score off a bicycle and lose than win a game.

You have me identified as a SW graduate? What year? Poor class? Was you standing beside me? you should have introduced yourself. And as far as the "Lewis fan club" I'm more like family since your concerned. around there i'm UNCLE BIG POPPA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Also the way that some of the SW players were acting on the field showed the lack of class. As far as the goal leavin an impression against Waverly i'm guessing you didnt see it the reason i stated that is that in a few years no one will remember that game but I for one will remember that for life nicest goal i've seen in my life. As far as the game Burg got outplayed Congrats to SW on that one. BUT Burg scored on them twice! Also looks like you created your profile just to let me know i've been identified.

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

Big Poppa, the bicycle kick will be memorable but anytime Waverly beats the Burg it is also memorable. With the season that Waverly has had let me assure you that the kids will savor that win.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

good game to watch. better than a 10-0 blow out. burg finding little offensively. webster won the midfield second half. scoring came in the second half. webster did nice job of applying pressure. at times pressing 8 into the offensive third of the field. burg struggles offensively. long balls over the top, against good teams, days are nearly over. good crowd on hand for soccer game. good game to watch.

falcon_pride_07
Waterboy

Post by falcon_pride_07 »

well keegan, i don't know about dives for BOTH sides during the game last night. the way i saw it, burg had about 3 or 4 flops in front of the box where they were awarded free kicks. webster had about 1. so it is evident who was doing most of the "diving".

and big poppa, webster wasn't the ones showing lack of class last night. the pirate players were the ones mainly instigating the conflicts. i saw several incidents when a burg forward tired to football tackle and under-cut webster's players on the defensive line. so as for lack of class, i believe that webster remains the one's with the class.

smack_talk1
Waterboy

Post by smack_talk1 »

Totally agreed falcon_pride07 burgs players showed a poor lack of class. I did see one certain player who showed good sportsmanship to opposing players by helping them up and so on this was #14.

Also i heard i might be wrong that many of burgs bench was stateing unecassarly comments to oposing players on the field.

smack_talk1
Waterboy

Post by smack_talk1 »

BIG POPPA wrote:
smack_talk1 wrote:Big poppa if i have you identified correctly you are also a part of the "Lewis Fan Club" who is joined by many other South Webster graduates! And also showed poor class as well as many others did during this game. Correct me if i am wrong please.

!!!How does a goal in which your team losses Impress any body more than a 1 - 0 win? I dont understand sounds rather selfish to me if youd rather score off a bicycle and lose than win a game.

You have me identified as a SW graduate? What year? Poor class? Was you standing beside me? you should have introduced yourself. And as far as the "Lewis fan club" I'm more like family since your concerned. around there i'm UNCLE BIG POPPA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Also the way that some of the SW players were acting on the field showed the lack of class. As far as the goal leavin an impression against Waverly i'm guessing you didnt see it the reason i stated that is that in a few years no one will remember that game but I for one will remember that for life nicest goal i've seen in my life. As far as the game Burg got outplayed Congrats to SW on that one. BUT Burg scored on them twice! Also looks like you created your profile just to let me know i've been identified.

hmmm what year did you graduate let me think here... ill have to take a guess at this because i definatly don't remeber seein you on any of the previous soc south webster soccer championship teams as well as any other sports so hmm 2004? posibly

And yes i did uncle big poppa create my account to notify you of your identification

(FYI) Next time if you are goin to make south webster soccer shirts please get their record right :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

flops or not the referees called the game. if you would like the games called differently there are classes each summer for a liscense. webster won the game what complaints can there be? usually the losing team cries about flops. from what i have seen this season games have been called reasonably well. if it gets to the point that you can't stand it do something about it. put on the yellow jersey and invest in a whistle.

chickensoupknowledge
Waterboy

RxBurgFan wrote:flops or not the referees called the game. if you would like the games called differently there are classes each summer for a liscense. webster won the game what complaints can there be? usually the losing team cries about flops. from what i have seen this season games have been called reasonably well. if it gets to the point that you can't stand it do something about it. put on the yellow jersey and invest in a whistle.

This writer officiates too! I'm impressed with your talent for politically correct responses. You are right about the officiating this year with the exception of one crew (P/M) they should have their silky yellow uniforms revoked!! :122246

Sports_Tracker
Freshman Team

Post by Sports_Tracker »

Sometimes pictures are worth a thousand words.... Thanks to drrabbit for always capturing some of the so called "flops" to see what really took place. She is usually pretty good at capturing things like this to end all discussions.

chickensoupknowledge
Waterboy

Flops are part of the game and people should get use to it. The way I see it, that player is doing whatever it takes to score for his team. The tighter the game the more flops you'll see. Rarely are there flops in blowout games. Even though I don't agree with it I do accept it as another play of the game to give your team a chance to score. :122249

BIG POPPA
Freshman Team

Post by BIG POPPA »

smack_talk1 wrote:
BIG POPPA wrote:

hmmm what year did you graduate let me think here... ill have to take a guess at this because i definatly don't remeber seein you on any of the previous soc south webster soccer championship teams as well as any other sports so hmm 2004? posibly

And yes i did uncle big poppa create my account to notify you of your identification

(FYI) Next time if you are goin to make south webster soccer shirts please get their record right :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

First Off I never played Soccer but as far as SOC championships check the trophy case I have my fair share as well as District titles. Second I never made a SW Soccer shirt. I'm glad you took it upon yourself to identify me but it doesnt matter. You could've sent me a PM and I would have told you

Keegan
Freshman Team

Post by Keegan »

There was more than one flop made by South Webster. I remember a certain player, I'm not going to mention a number, for South Webster that would not hardly even get touched...drop to the ground and then look at the ref with the "what the heck are you not calling a fall for me". And this player did this several times.

I also have seen #14 for wheelerburg show good sportsmanship during the game. I've seen him do that for every team they've played against this year.

Return to “Soccer”