2010 SOC I and II Predictions

The Bathtub Legend
Waterboy

2010 SOC I and II Predictions

Post by The Bathtub Legend »

What are your predictions for the SOC I and II in the 2010 season?

murmur
Riding the Bench

Re: 2010 SOC I and II Predictions

Post by murmur »

SOC I - South Webster
SOC II - Waverly

cave canem
Freshman Team

Post by cave canem »

Murmur---I agree with your predictions. I see it breaking down like this:

SOC II
1. Waverly- Waverly usually has a good bit of talent. I expect this coming season to be much different than the '09 season. Several things happend that seemed to be difficult for the Tigers to rebound from. I believe the 2010 season will bring another SOC II championship to Waverly.

2. Wheelersburg- The pirates should return their keeper as well as other returning starters from their defense. I believe Lewis will be back as well. Yes, he is a threat and has a great skill. I think it will be easier for teams to keep an eye on him this coming season due to the loss of Brooks. I think Brooks was under appreciated by many and his presence on the field opened up a lot for Lewis. Should be interesting to see what the Burg brings to the table. Will anyone step up besides Lewis? Should be close between Burg and Minford.

3. Minford is losing a lot in their keeper and Hackworth. They will miss that quick counter attack from Jordan. One thing about Minford, though, is that their defense will be tough. I'm not counting them out yet. Especially after their "down" year this past season.

4. West-They're coming along. Hopefully they will be able to continue to grow and develop fundamentally.

5. Northwest- They're still working... They're losing their goalkeeper. That was the biggest factor in my decision between the 4&5 positions.

SOC I
1. South Webster-They should be returning 9 starters from their Regional finalist team. The two they're losing, however, consists of a forward that had around 30 goals and a very under-rated keeper that really impressed me in that game against WC. Webster is sound fundamentally, pass pretty well, have several weapons, and are fantastic defensively. I read their stats somewhere a couple months ago and they were astounding.

2. Valley- It took the Indians a few weeks to transition to a different coach/style this past season. I look for them to give the Jeeps some good competition this coming season. The Indians will be anchored by one of the best keepers in the area in Chaffin (name?). If the Indians can get their offense in sync they could make a good run...

3. Eastern- They grew quite a bit this past season. They're still young in experience but I believe they're doing some good things. If they continue improving as they have been then they could be competing for the SOC championship sooner than later.

4. New Boston-The Tigers are always intense and up for a challenge. They have some young talent. I hope to see them make a good run this coming season. They live and die by that offside trap. Depending on how that trap's working, they have potential to beat most teams in this area.

5. Clay- They're still working. I saw them do some good things this past season. Hopefully they can become more consistent.
Last edited by cave canem on Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Coach93
Freshman Team

Post by Coach93 »

The keeper for Valley is Jason Chaffin and yes he is probaly the best golie in the area and will be even better this fall . I heard that he going to work out with a former Soc player of the year at his postion Jason Risner (1992-1993 pLayer of the year). Valley should be fun to watch this fall :12224 :12224 :12224

sports_jock_24
Waterboy

Post by sports_jock_24 »

SOC II
1. Waverly

2. Minford

3. Burg

4. Northwest

5. West

SOC I
1. South Webster

2. New Boston

3. Valley

4. Eastern

5. Clay

Tigerfan11
Waterboy

Post by Tigerfan11 »

I think New Boston will compete this year for soc1 this year South Webster is a very good team they are going to be pretty young this year but don't count them out if the race

sports_jock_24
Waterboy

Post by sports_jock_24 »

Yes i agree that the soc 1 race should be a good one between Webster, New Boston, and don't count Valley out. Should be interesting to watch this year to see who comes out on top.

The Bathtub Legend
Waterboy

Post by The Bathtub Legend »

I see Waverly and South Webster both running away with their own respected divisions. Waverly lost a few key players to graduation but return the speed and skill of Chris Wiget and Kennedy Roseberry(?). These 2 players combine to be too much for any local SOC II team. The Regional Runner-up from last season, South Webster, loses 2 players to graduation, I believe, but had 2 or 3 freshman see some time on the field so I see those 2 holes being filled well. I look for South Webster not to have too much competition at all this upcoming year. It's a shame The Jeeps only play The Waverly Tigers once a season, I look for the Tigers to be the only SOC team in either division to give them a solid match. With that being said, I would love to see the Minford Falcons surprise everyone again and pull out another SOC II title. Against all doubt, they did it last season and I would love to see this repeated in the 2010 season.

sports_jock_24
Waterboy

Post by sports_jock_24 »

I wouldn't be so quick to say that Waverly is the only team that can compete with Webster. Valley is going to have a very very tough team With Jason Chaffin at goalie, and Josiah Wills, Jose Reyes, and Jake Buckler being some other talented seniors for them this upcoming year. Also don't count out New Boston because they have alot of talent there, it's just about having some leaders step up and taking over that team. Not just during the season but during the off season to. That's what the Tigers need the most is a couple leaders to step up and take control of that team.

blackbear
Waterboy

Post by blackbear »

Tigerfan11 wrote:I think New Boston will compete this year for soc1 this year South Webster is a very good team they are going to be pretty young this year but don't count them out if the race

How can you say that webster is going to be a young team. They have 6 players returning next year who will be seniors, and 3 players returning who will be juniors. Webster is going to be a very experienced team to beat. their defense they had last year is going to be the exact same and if im correct they only allowed 13 goals throughout the regular season, they are just going to get better, and the same midfield is still going to be intact so I am positive webster will win their SOC by blowing out every team.

Tigerfan11
Waterboy

Post by Tigerfan11 »

I don't believe that they are going to blow everyone out in the SOC there is going to b some good close games its going to be a fun season this year

sports_jock_24
Waterboy

Post by sports_jock_24 »

I agree with tigerfan that it is going to be a fun season to watch this year. Webster won't be blowing everybody out this year and i know that for a fact. It's not all about your skill as it is about how much heart you got. South Webster will just be a cocky team thinking that they are going to be able to blow everyone out. But they will be surprised when teams like Valley and New Boston and Waverly bring the fight to them because they got heart and desire.

ndc soccer
Freshman Team

Post by ndc soccer »

I played against Webster before season in a pick up game and i was very impressed with how they played. Only losing 2 players from a Regional Runner Up is always going to be a dangerous the following season. They do return a solid amount of players and def will be a team to watch from the area. I think it's WAY too early to say who will finish where in the league esp. when it's still winter and the season is so far away. Kids might transfer, not play or even (hopefully not) get hurt.

sports_jock_24- I know you want to fire up your school and what not but saying that "Webster won't be blowing everybody out this year and i know that for a fact." is kind of a bold statement for a season that's 7 months away. I agree that the Heart and Desire are important but skill is also just as big if not a bigger factor in the game of soccer. You can go out there and run your tail off and tackle hard but if you don't have the ball you don't win games. And that's a big advantage i think Webster has on people in most of these kids have played with one another for years and they gel really nicely.

I hope some teams do step up to the challenge of playing the Jeeps close. South Webster has set the bar for Southern Ohio Soccer. I hope for a intense SOC season all around.

sports_jock_24
Waterboy

Post by sports_jock_24 »

Yes you are right that Webster players have played with each other for years and are very good at controlling the ball which makes them so dangerous and tough. Yes by far going into the season they will be the team to beat, but im just saying i wouldn't be so quick to rule other teams out yet, since like you said the season is 7 months away. With that said though, you have to start talking about the season now because now is the time where the kids have to start working and getting into shape for this upcoming soccer season. So NDC Soccer who would you say the MVP is going to be for these teams Webster, Waverly, Valley, New Boston, North West, and Clay?

Tigerfan11
Waterboy

Post by Tigerfan11 »

Some of the MVP's Webster-Scott , Waverly? , Valley-Chaffin , New Boston-Chase Horsley Or Levi Horsley, North West? and Clay?

sports_jock_24
Waterboy

Post by sports_jock_24 »

Yeah i agree with them MVP's. It's hard to pick one for the other teams though.

Tigerfan11
Waterboy

Post by Tigerfan11 »

yea i don't know much about any other teams does anyone got anymore picks?

sports_jock_24
Waterboy

Post by sports_jock_24 »

I don't know much about the others either...picks anyone?

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

Dylan Lewis is the 2010 POY in SOC 2. Ever wonder why he left Webster with the team that they have?

ndc soccer
Freshman Team

Post by ndc soccer »

I Agree With the Lewis kid being top of the class in the SOC bu there are some kids from Waverly & Minford that will make that award one to earn. I still think it's too early to talk about Finishing in the League, Contenders/Pretenders, and who will stand out. It's not even spring yet.

Sports_jock_24, Tigerfan11- You two are the only two commenting on alot of the threads you make. PM work so much easier. There's a reason no one is talking about the upcoming season. It's too far away. These talks don't start until Midsummer.

Return to “Soccer”