Top senior in soc1

rxburgfan
All State

Re: Top senior in soc1

Post by rxburgfan »

all will be vying for soc player of the year. should be fun to watch.

numberwonfan
Waterboy

Post by numberwonfan »

What constitutes a best player isn't just the amount of goals, assists, or saves. Nor is it their physical size or passion of the game. Being able to dribble the ball around numerous opposition or having a hard strike is merely a fraction of what it takes. In the SOC those aspects may work, but at the next level or in a more competitive conference/division, it goes far beyond ball skills and work ethic. What decides the "best" player is how the player operates on the field as far as knowing how to create space and working off the ball. Those skills aren't reflected in statistics.

ndc soccer
Freshman Team

Post by ndc soccer »

well put numberwonfan, well put...

BIG POPPA
Freshman Team

Post by BIG POPPA »

Ashton Miller from south webster hasn't played in high school til this year and has been one of their most consistent players

Waterdog
Riding the Bench

Post by Waterdog »

Is the number 4 kid from West a senior? Ryan ? I saw him in the previews. Very impressive. A J Keeton defensive player and Jon Valentine from Clay, Scott from SW and a few others who I don't know their names from Webster.
These are the kids that come to mind when I think of outstanding Players. I am certain to be overlooking a few.
Can't wait to see how this season unfolds, especailly after watching the World Cup. It was tremendous!

Keagan
Riding the Bench

Post by Keagan »

Loop from webster hasn't even played keeper this year.

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

svbt1112 wrote:Waverly beat Clay 14-4 last year..........

I think you have to look at the South Webster Seniors. This team dominated SOC 1 last year while starting only 2 seniors with 6 juniors and 3 sophomores. Those Juniors are now seniors and have one last chance to show what they have on the field!

Only New Boston scored on South Webster in SOC 1 play last year---scoring once in the second game (SW 6-1). Burg is the other team that scored vs Webster in SOC play(SW 3-2). Minford scored twice in the district final (SW 3-2) and Burg scored once again vs Webster in district play. (SW 3-1)

South Webster shut out Clay twice, Valley twice, Eastern twice, Waverly, Minford, New Boston, Northwest and West in SOC play.
South Webster has a very strong program, but all of these teams are co-ed squads except for Minford.

svbt1112
Varsity

Post by svbt1112 »

RockyRaccoon: I don't understand your point. This is boys soccer---not co-ed soccer. South Webster is not playing an all boys team in a co-ed sport. The other schools are playing co-ed teams in a boys sport! South Webster defeated Athens 2-0 this year and they are an all-boys team, but wait---they have football so that lessens it?

I guess from now on we should apologize for lining up an all-boys team in a BOYS sport when we play a co-ed team. Or, maybe the OHSAA can institute a rule that makes us play the same amount of girls as the other team? The last time I checked on the OHSAA web-site there were NO co-ed sports!

We only played our starters for 35 minutes vs Clay. 25 in the first half and 10 in the second. Our second team (yes, all boys) played for 45 minutes and yet the "better players" still could not score..........Which is why I said that you have to look at the South Webster Seniors First.

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

It is what it is. I said up front that SW has a great program and a great team, but it gets old hearing how they shut out and beat all the local SOC teams when the fact is they are the biggest school in the area without football. A little humility would go a long way. I had to set in the stands and listen to the comments about how bad everyone sucked. At last years game before the kickoff a SW player said "we are going to kill you #$@&!^.

So my point is, brag up all you want when you beat an all boys team, but be humble when you are beating a team with 4 or 5 girls on the pitch.

_____
Waterboy

Post by _____ »

wow rocky racoon, saying to be humble is what the team that gets killed every game normally says. I don't think south webster is bragging and Im pretty sure you could take 5 cheerleaders, put them on webster's team with 6 starters and the score would still be extremely one-sided.

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

Thanks for making my point. Now back on topic, I agree with a poster above that the Ryan Pendelton boy at West is one of the top players. He doesn't have a lot of support but still makes things happen.

pan-man
Freshman Team

Post by pan-man »

EVERYONE looks good in a team who moves the ball around

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

fballfan08 wrote:Um connor scott has to be the best. He obviously has the size, skill, knowledge, and love of the game, but He sees the field finds the player he knows will finish, and creates things for his team like no one else. It doesn't make sense when a kid from a team who gets beat by 7 8 plus multiple times is put up for this. I understand valley kids burg kids waverly kids but etc....Some other kids I don't understand.
All 3 of those schools are SOC II. This was asking about SOC I Top Seniors and I'm sure Jon Valentine will be among the top kids in the conference.

murmur
Riding the Bench

Post by murmur »

Waverly is a SOC II team, but I believe Valley and South Webster compete in the SOC I division of soccer.

BIG POPPA
Freshman Team

Post by BIG POPPA »

Since teams are a few games in has there been any suprises? Anyone that hasn't been mentioned on this list making an impact?

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

murmur wrote:Waverly is a SOC II team, but I believe Valley and South Webster compete in the SOC I division of soccer.

I'm pretty sure Valley is SOC II and so are Burg and Waverly.

cave canem
Freshman Team

Post by cave canem »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
murmur wrote:Waverly is a SOC II team, but I believe Valley and South Webster compete in the SOC I division of soccer.

I'm pretty sure Valley is SOC II and so are Burg and Waverly.
Burg Grad- Valley is in the SOC I in soccer.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Okay, thanks. They are SOC II in basketball, football, and baseball. So why SOC I in soccer? That doesn't make sense. That would like the Burg being SOC II in everything they play except baseball.

cave canem
Freshman Team

Post by cave canem »

I believe it's based on the amount of schools that have soccer. The divisions are broken up by size. The largest schools are in SOC II and the smaller schools are in SOC I. Valley is the biggest school in the SOC I. If another "small" school were to add soccer then Valley would be moved to SOC II.
I also believe that South Webster is in the SOC II in some of the other sports (not sure...I think basketball's in II). I think Webster is the second largest school in the SOC I of soccer.
Hope this makes sense...

svbt1112
Varsity

Post by svbt1112 »

Burg Grad: The SOC might be the only conference in the state of Ohio that does business this way! I don't know of any other conference in which some teams are in the upper division for certain sports and in the lower division for others.

South Webster and Valley are the only two affected in Soccer. They are in the small school division for Soccer. South Webster is also is in the small school division for Track, while Valley floats between the two divisions depending on how many teams there are.

Oak Hill plays small school football yet big school divisions in all other sports.

South Webster and Valley and Oak Hill are in the large school division for Basketball, Softball, Baseball and Volleyball. These are the sports in which all 16 teams compete!

Western, Green, Notre Dame, East, Symmes Valley and Oak Hill do not have Soccer. This leaves only 10 teams and they are divided up by size.

Western is the only school without either Soccer or Football. (and if you listen to a certain-someone on here they ought to dominate in Cross Country) :-D :twisted: :?

Return to “Soccer”