2010 Previews

blackbear
Waterboy

Re: 2010 Previews

Post by blackbear »

New Boston and wheelersburg are tied with 8 minutes left. New Boston has dominated the whole game having 8 breakaway and burg has had nothing working. Looks like it could be a good season for the tigers and a long one for the pirates

socman
Varsity

Post by socman »

Lancaster Preview

Waverly 2 Columbus Northland 0
Waverly 4 Philo 0

BIG POPPA
Freshman Team

Post by BIG POPPA »

Burg had plenty of chances the first 20 minutes and coach subbed at 25 in new boston only scored on a pk! Burg was without a captain and one of there better players in Lewis. Trust me blackbear the regular season game between these two won't be close burg by as many as they want regular season

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

BIG POPPA wrote:Burg had plenty of chances the first 20 minutes and coach subbed at 25 in new boston only scored on a pk! Burg was without a captain and one of there better players in Lewis. Trust me blackbear the regular season game between these two won't be close burg by as many as they want regular season
Give the Glenwood Tigers just a little bit of credit! They worked and hustled their butts off and had opportunities to score also. Also, the Tigers are working with mostly underclassmen. If the Burg wins by as many as they want, so be it. I will be the first to congratulate them, but in the meantime.................Great Job Tigers!

soccerdude
Waterboy

Post by soccerdude »

Braxton Jarvis and Tyler Hughes worked really good together from burg but weren't having the best of luck. That's just part of the sport. They did connect with a pass from Jarvis to Hughes which was burgs goal. After wards the Pirates' JV was put in. A JV mistake in the mistake in the box led to a PK for Glenwood. If key player and captain dillan lewis would have played, the out come would have been a lot different and burg's varsity would have been pulled a lot quicker. Look to see a easy win for burg when they play again. easy.

vballsoccer178
JV Team

Post by vballsoccer178 »

It looked like New Boston was running a trap & that didn't work out too well for them. Burg was a little too quick to be playing them that way. Burg had a lot more chances early. I think New Boston will adjust their back line and it will be a good game between them come regular season time (it usually is). I think New Boston probably had the best GK I saw the whole night.

Both Clay & Valley have some key players in their front line that could cause some problems for their opponents.

Most of the games were pretty close, so it looks to be an exciting season!

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

I watched every game and what I saw was Northwest was down some from last year and lost to Eastern 3 - 0. I only caught the end of the game so I don't know how the starters did against each other, or when the goals were scored. Clay lost 3 - 0 to St Joe, but missed several opportunities to score. St Joe moved the ball around well and took advantage of Clay's defense playing up to far and getting out run on breakaways. South Webster is just overmatching everyone. They have all boys on their squad, as does Minford as I remember, but SW doesn't have football, so they are going to be a hard to beat locally with the coed squads fielded by most schools. They beat West 5 - 0?, but I will say it was one of the beter West teams I have seen in awhile. The #5 boy for West (Ryan?) was one of the better overall players I watched all night, along with the #1 Winters boy from Valley, who is only a sophomore. Valley was impressive in their 2 - 1 win over Minford, who I thought would have been a lot stronger than what I saw, but I don't know if they had their full squad on the field. New Boston was the shocker. I saw them lose to Clay in the super scrimmage, but they played like a completely different team against the Burg and deserve some praise. Burg couldn't stay onsides, the same two guys were called at least 4 times and were not even close. They could have scored several more times. I was impressed with the burgs goalie kicking the ball 10 yards pass midfield. Don't be suprised if they score on that several times this year. Overall I think the SOC will be a lot more evenly matched this year, other than SW being the team to beat.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

rockyraccoon wrote:I watched every game and what I saw was Northwest was down some from last year and lost to Eastern 3 - 0. I only caught the end of the game so I don't know how the starters did against each other, or when the goals were scored. Clay lost 3 - 0 to St Joe, but missed several opportunities to score. St Joe moved the ball around well and took advantage of Clay's defense playing up to far and getting out run on breakaways. South Webster is just overmatching everyone. They have all boys on their squad, as does Minford as I remember, but SW doesn't have football, so they are going to be a hard to beat locally with the coed squads fielded by most schools. They beat West 5 - 0?, but I will say it was one of the beter West teams I have seen in awhile. The #5 boy for West (Ryan?) was one of the better overall players I watched all night, along with the #1 Winters boy from Valley, who is only a sophomore. Valley was impressive in their 2 - 1 win over Minford, who I thought would have been a lot stronger than what I saw, but I don't know if they had their full squad on the field. New Boston was the shocker. I saw them lose to Clay in the super scrimmage, but they played like a completely different team against the Burg and deserve some praise. Burg couldn't stay onsides, the same two guys were called at least 4 times and were not even close. They could have scored several more times. I was impressed with the burgs goalie kicking the ball 10 yards pass midfield. Don't be suprised if they score on that several times this year. Overall I think the SOC will be a lot more evenly matched this year, other than SW being the team to beat.
Excellent assessment!

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

Thanks ACM, and btw, the field was in great shape and NB did an excellent job.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

buckeyenation wrote:Does any1 know if Burg plays tonight or any teams?
Tonight at home vs. Northwest.

Return to “Soccer”