SOC Scores and Standings

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Re: SOC Scores and Standings

Post by rockyraccoon »

post101 wrote:clay 4 valley 2
Clay moves to 4 - 2 - 0 on the season. Great start considering they only won three games last year and 2 the year before.

maintenanceman
Riding the Bench

Post by maintenanceman »

Could someone tell me Minford's current unbeaten streak against Wheelersburg? After failing to beat Wheelersburg for a number of years, the Falcons have now not lost to Wheelersburg for at least 3 years if I am correct. I hope someone knows. It would be an interesting stat to see.

B1OHIO
Riding the Bench

Post by B1OHIO »

Minford has won the last 5 games they have met. One of those games was a tourney game. Most have been close exciting games with the exception of last years second game which wasn't going well for Burg and was ended early because of weather.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

The second game last year was Minford 5 Wheelersburg 3--a two goal difference.

neuron1
Waterboy

Post by neuron1 »

Any score on South Webster vs Zane Trace?

BIG POPPA
Freshman Team

Post by BIG POPPA »

neuron1 wrote:Any score on South Webster vs Zane Trace?
I believe the game was post poned there is another thread about that

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

I don't think that that game has been reschedule yet either.

vballsoccer178
JV Team

Post by vballsoccer178 »

This is not official, but here's what I have so far on my stat program (SOC uses 1pt for win 0.5 for a tie I think)

SOC.I........…………………………………….................…………………………..........Overall
Team.………………...........W......L......T......Pts.....GF.....GA......+/-.....W......L......T
South.Webster.Jeeps.....6......0......0......18......37......2......+35......7......0......0
Clay.Panthers.……….......2......2......0......6.…...11.......21......-10......4......2......0
Valley.Indians..…..……....2......3......0......6.…...15.......14......+1.......2......3......0
New.Boston.Tigers.….....1......4......0......3..…...9........29......-20......1......5......0
Eastern.Eagles..……….....0......2......1......1.…...4........16......-12.......0......3......1

SOC.II........…………………………….....................…………………….……...........Overall
Team...…………….......…..W......L......T......Pts......GF......GA.....+/-.....W......L......T
Waverly.Tigers.………......4......0......1.…...13..…..30......8.......+22......4......0…....2
Wheelersburg.Pirates.....4......1......1...….13......29......11......+18......4......1......1
Minford.Falcons.…….......3......2......0...…..9..…...20......10......+10......4......2......0
West.Senators.………......1......3......1..…...4...….10......26......-16..…...1......3......1
Northwest.Mohawks.......0......6......0...…..0...…..7......35.......-28..…..0......6.…...0

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

Looking at that chart it is obvious that the SOCI and SOCII teams need some reshuffling. West and Northwest need to move to the SOCI and SW should drop down to SOCII.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

have to agree with reshuffling of the divisions. if you are not competitive ever it is hard or nearly impossible to grow a program. every school goes thru cycles. competition is good for the school. one thing for sure the bar for success is rising and the gap between many schools is gone. for those at the bottom keep up the good work. several have good coaches in place but need to put in the time and results will come. gotta love the game.

UUsokkr12
Riding the Bench

Post by UUsokkr12 »

I'm not sure what I would do with the divisions. You don't necessarily stack the competition in one division, but when a team steamrolls through the division and can clinch the title in the first half of the season, you don't want that either.

It's coming down to the youth programs and how developed they are at their respective schools. Coaching, as well, is a key factor. But if you have the numbers in the youth programs it will definitely help. The schools in the SOC divisions need to consolidate the youth programs into one league to make it more competitive for their youth. It used to be that way several years ago and the competition level was at it's highest in years, but as of late, where each school creates their own league it's the schools with the higher number of students and participants that we are noticing stronger teams. This is all IMO of course, but I would love to see an entire consolidated youth program like they have everywhere else outside Scioto County!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly, Burg, Minford and South Webster usually have good teams, year after year. Those teams need to be in a division together and play each other twice. If you move West and Northwest to the SOCI division you would need to move one other team along with South Webster to the SOC2, probably Valley. That would make for two very competitive divisions of the SOC.

socman
Varsity

Post by socman »

vball - here is what I have.

SW 6-0
Clay 2-2
Valley 2-3
NB 1-4
Eastern 0-2-1

Waverly 4-0-1
Burg 4-1-1
Minford 4-2-0
Northwest 1-5
West 0-5-1

vballsoccer178
JV Team

Post by vballsoccer178 »

socman - yes you have it correct. I need to update a few things I overlooked

I had the result for NW and West wrong and I didn't have the Minford vs. Eastern game.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

UUsokkr12 wrote:I'm not sure what I would do with the divisions. You don't necessarily stack the competition in one division, but when a team steamrolls through the division and can clinch the title in the first half of the season, you don't want that either.

It's coming down to the youth programs and how developed they are at their respective schools. Coaching, as well, is a key factor. But if you have the numbers in the youth programs it will definitely help. The schools in the SOC divisions need to consolidate the youth programs into one league to make it more competitive for their youth. It used to be that way several years ago and the competition level was at it's highest in years, but as of late, where each school creates their own league it's the schools with the higher number of students and participants that we are noticing stronger teams. This is all IMO of course, but I would love to see an entire consolidated youth program like they have everywhere else outside Scioto County!

The youth programs are traveling to all areas of Scioto County also. The U12's have 2 Minford teams, 1 Clay, 2 South Webster, 2 Northwest, 1 West, 3 Wheelersburg, 1 Portsmouth, 1 Valley and 1 New Boston. I know the U10's and u15's travel also.

UUsokkr12
Riding the Bench

Post by UUsokkr12 »

I know they're traveling around Scioto County, most youth programs outside of Scioto County have club teams outside of their schools and travel a lot further than most people in Scioto County are willing to do. And they play more often too. Yes, club soccer is different from Scioto's youth programs but it's a lot better as the kids (boys & girls) are exposed to other competition. I'm not suggesting that people drive more than an hour away for games, but a league needs to be established where club teams are created with kids from multiple school districts playing together. That is what I mean about developing youth programs.

It's not easy, it will take time and a lot of managing, but I feel that it is possible. The parents just need to see the benefit and have an understanding of how most sports are played outside of Scioto County.

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

smurray wrote:Waverly, Burg, Minford and South Webster usually have good teams, year after year. Those teams need to be in a division together and play each other twice. If you move West and Northwest to the SOCI division you would need to move one other team along with South Webster to the SOC2, probably Valley. That would make for two very competitive divisions of the SOC.
SW plays in the SOCII in basketball and maybe in baseball, but in the SOCI in soccer. It's hard to just go by school size since any school with football, even though they have 150 - 253 boys loose so many potential players to that sport. SW is going to consistently dominate the SOCI and probably would dominate the SOCII because they have 116 boys and no football. If they would have started their football program they would not be able to field a soccer team, like green(70 boys), east (87 boys), etc.
NW has good numbers (192 boys) but I think the district is so large it's hard to get kids to commit to sports. West side (180boys), for the most part, still considers soccer "kickball" and can't get kids to commit to the sport. (Portsmouth is the same situtation, 204 kids but no soccer team).
Wheelersburg gets good turnout for soccer even though they are on the lower end of enrollment numbers (150 boys) for all the SOCII schools. I think Waverly is the biggest SOCII school (253 boys). That leaves us with Valley (152 boys), Minford (169 boys), Clay (54 boys), New Boston (38 boys listed as Glenwood at OHSAA.org) and Eastern (89 or 96, can't tell pike from meigs on the website).
So just by numbers alone, you can't really balance the league. You have to take in strength of the program and history of performance, which makes it hard to make longterm changes.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

New Boston Glenwood 2 Eastern Pike 1

socman
Varsity

Post by socman »

Waverly Tigers 4 Portsmouth West Siders 0

Goals By Half........... 1....... 2......... Final
Waverly ........ 0...... 4 ..........4
Ports. West .... 0..... 0..........0

Half Time Team Goal Scorer Assist
2 28:19 WA Martin, Wiget
2 23:24 WA Martin, Wiget
2 21:31 WA Martin, Leach
2 16:51 WA Martin, Leach

Shots (SOG):
Waverly 51 (24) West 3 (2)
Saves:
W Johnson 18
WA Moore 2

Waverly 5-0-2 (5-0-1 SOC)
Waverly travels to Wheelersburg Thursday.

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

West shut out Waverly in the first half and then held them to 4 goals. That is surprising to me.

Return to “Soccer”