SOC Scores and Standings

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Re: SOC Scores and Standings

Post by rockyraccoon »

a_c_m wrote:New Boston Glenwood 2 Eastern Pike 1
I heard this was a hotly contested match. Someone got booted from the stadium and then their car got trashed. Starting to look like European soccer.

socman
Varsity

Post by socman »

West has really improved since the beginning of the season. They pack it in the box and don't let players behind them. I can see how they played Minford to a 2-1 game. Waverly wasn't patient in the 1st half and tried to play too much up the middle. Set pieces were the the key in the 2nd half as Waverly scored off of 2 corners.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

51 shots to 3 tells who controlled the game and I'm sure the Tigers will take a 4-0 shutout over a very much improved West ball club.

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

I think more teams, when greatly overmatched, should pull their best players back and play for the 0 - 0 tie. It seemed to work for West in the first half, and would explain the 51 - 3 shots. (how do you only score 4 goals off 51 shots, how many saves did the West goalie have? )

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

9/14 scores
Wheelersburg 4 Northwest 0
Minford 2 Valley 1

UUsokkr12
Riding the Bench

Post by UUsokkr12 »

If you pull everyone back to defense there's no way a team should get 51 shots. How many of those shots were on goal? And how many of those shots would have soared through the uprights? That's what I'm interesed in. If you pull more players back and are in front of the offense then you should be pressuring the ball, not giving them that many opportunities to score. But when you do pull people back to keep the game close, you should be looking for that chance at a quick counter and get that 1-nil win.

A team that's able to get 51 shots, IMO, need to be focusing on posession, working the ball around, and finding those seams. This is your opportunity to perfect the things in the game that you are weak on.

Buckeye24
Varsity

Post by Buckeye24 »

I think the West and Northwest game is gonna be a game to watch. Even though they're the bottom of the SOC II, they're pretty evenly matched in every position and it's gonna be close.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

smurray wrote:51 shots to 3 tells who controlled the game and I'm sure the Tigers will take a 4-0 shutout over a very much improved West ball club.
Does this mean that the West keeper had 47 saves?

socman
Varsity

Post by socman »

Waverly only put 24 of their shots on goal. West's keeper made 20 saves. It wasn't a pretty game but they found a way to win and in the end that's all that matters.

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

rockyraccoon wrote:
I heard this was a hotly contested match. Someone got booted from the stadium and then their car got trashed. Starting to look like European soccer.
I have been told that the car that got trashed in the parking lot belonged to the ref that tossed the guy out of the stadium. That certainly won't help us get refs to come to Southern Ohio. The ones I have talked to say the guys from north of here don't like to come down to Southern Ohio because so many of the fans don't understand the game. I have seen that over and over, fans making fools of themselves complaining about calls that they are dead wrong about.

UUsokkr12
Riding the Bench

Post by UUsokkr12 »

rockyraccoon wrote:
rockyraccoon wrote:
I have been told that the car that got trashed in the parking lot belonged to the ref that tossed the guy out of the stadium. That certainly won't help us get refs to come to Southern Ohio. The ones I have talked to say the guys from north of here don't like to come down to Southern Ohio because so many of the fans don't understand the game. I have seen that over and over, fans making fools of themselves complaining about calls that they are dead wrong about.

I agree with you rockyraccoon! I officiate soccer around the dayton and columbus areas and after growing up around the soccer in southern ohio, I don't think I would come down to officiate. I mean, there is a great need for more officials and quality officials, but like you said the fans do not understand the game. A lot of players don't understand the game and the rules and situations for why refs make some calls and no-calls that they do. But you will always have the fans that "know" the rules from when they may have played years ago..when the truth is that rules and exceptions/interpretations of the rules change from year-to-year. That's too bad to hear about the official's car..never a need for that!

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

rockyraccoon wrote:
rockyraccoon wrote:
I really don't think that anyone that was not at the game should be commenting on what they heard, etc., etc.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

South Webster 8 Clay 0
Wheelersburg 1 Waverly 1

GreenGrass
Freshman Team

Post by GreenGrass »

Northwest 4
West 1

Good job Mohawks

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Valley 3 New Boston Glenwood 1

The Player
Riding the Bench

Post by The Player »

I have been told that the car that got trashed in the parking lot belonged to the ref that tossed the guy out of the stadium. That certainly won't help us get refs to come to Southern Ohio. The ones I have talked to say the guys from north of here don't like to come down to Southern Ohio because so many of the fans don't understand the game. I have seen that over and over, fans making fools of themselves complaining about calls that they are dead wrong about.[/quote]

I really don't think that anyone that was not at the game should be commenting on what they heard, etc., etc.[/quote]

I was playing that game and it was ridiculous how the "fans" didnt have a clue wat they were talking about. imean ithink the officals missed some small calls but besides that they officiated a good match, so there should been no reason for that car to get trashed.

Buckeye24
Varsity

Post by Buckeye24 »

GreenGrass wrote:Northwest 4
West 1

Good job Mohawks
Bad game by West. They just couldn't get the offense working. Their only goal was assisted by the keeper.

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

Clay 6
Eastern 1

Clay goes to 6 - 3 (3-3) on the season with a 6 - 1 win over Eastern. Score was 1 - 0 at halftime but Eastern ran out of gas in the second half. They played hard but were short players and only had one or two subs. Clay's defense stepped up and limited the amount of shots taken.They play Ironton St Joe Monday, then Wheelersburg, Waverly and Minford so it will be a tough week.

Goals for clay by Shannon Curley, Taylor Carter, Eli Kelley, Chase Hiles, Jon Valentine (2)
I think Billy Lykins scored Easterns goal.

The Player
Riding the Bench

Post by The Player »

The clay game was a tough fought match both teams played good but as rocky said they just ran out of juice. Eastern only had about one or two defensive players actually making plays to stop goals but they were missing 3 or 4 starters including the goalie, also i noticed alot of quarrels between eastern players. This will cause many troubles later on. Teammates work together end of story.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Does anyone know who scored for Minford in the game with Valley? (Minford 2 Valley 1)

All I know is that Joseph Winters scored the only goal of the second half.

I also have no idea who scored in the New Boston 2 Eastern 1 game either.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
drrabb@zoomnet.net

Return to “Soccer”