Re: Girls Southeast District Tournament

Post by mhs95_06 »

Marietta 2, Hillsboro 1.

Marietta erases a 1-0 halftime deficit.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

The following was just posted on the Zanesville Times Recorder website. I think they have some mis-information on who the Scotties will be facing in the district final next Saturday!

DRESDEN — Tri-Valley has been the standard for area girls soccer through the years. The Scotties proved it again Saturday, fighting past Zanesville for a 1-0 victory in the Division I sectional final at Kenny Wolford Park.

The win also avenged a 2-1 regular-season loss to the Lady Devils (15-3) and sent the Scotties (15-3) to the district final where they face Hillsboro, which beat Marietta 2-1, at 4 p.m. Saturday at Wolford Park.

“The last time we played, we got on the board first but let our guard down,” Tri-Valley coach Emily Reilly said. “This time I challenged the girls to keep their intensity up.”

Although Tri-Valley won’t face Marietta in the district final, the Scotties want to redeem themselves after losing in that round in 2009.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

mhs95_06 wrote:The following was just posted on the Zanesville Times Recorder website. I think they have some mis-information on who the Scotties will be facing in the district final next Saturday!

DRESDEN — Tri-Valley has been the standard for area girls soccer through the years. The Scotties proved it again Saturday, fighting past Zanesville for a 1-0 victory in the Division I sectional final at Kenny Wolford Park.

The win also avenged a 2-1 regular-season loss to the Lady Devils (15-3) and sent the Scotties (15-3) to the district final where they face Hillsboro, which beat Marietta 2-1, at 4 p.m. Saturday at Wolford Park.

“The last time we played, we got on the board first but let our guard down,” Tri-Valley coach Emily Reilly said. “This time I challenged the girls to keep their intensity up.”

Although Tri-Valley won’t face Marietta in the district final, the Scotties want to redeem themselves after losing in that round in 2009.
The State Brackets show that the Marietta Lady Tigers have to play Dresden Tri Valley in Dresden on October 30th at 4:00. Marietta is to be the home team. If Marietta is to be the home team, why aren't they playing in Marietta?

Mr. Irrelevent
Waterboy

Post by Mr. Irrelevent »

a_c_m wrote:
mhs95_06 wrote:The following was just posted on the Zanesville Times Recorder website. I think they have some mis-information on who the Scotties will be facing in the district final next Saturday!

The State Brackets show that the Marietta Lady Tigers have to play Dresden Tri Valley in Dresden on October 30th at 4:00. Marietta is to be the home team. If Marietta is to be the home team, why aren't they playing in Marietta?

Tri Valley is the host for the districts this year. No matter who made it that far, they would play at Tri Valley. If you notice, their side of the sectional had to play all its matches at Tri Valley: even though Zanesville was the first seed, they still had to play both of their matches at Tri Valley. And Zanesville has a nice field (field turf). I don't understand it. Zanesville should be very upset and rightfully so. The districts should be at a neutral site, IMO. And all the brackets should be the same: play at the higher seed's home field for the sectionals. Zanesville's first seed was basically useless.
Bracket from OHSAA:
http://brackets.ohsaa.org/bracket.aspx? ... 1&g=g&ia=1

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Mr. Irrelevent wrote:
a_c_m wrote:

Tri Valley is the host for the districts this year. No matter who made it that far, they would play at Tri Valley. If you notice, their side of the sectional had to play all its matches at Tri Valley: even though Zanesville was the first seed, they still had to play both of their matches at Tri Valley. And Zanesville has a nice field (field turf). I don't understand it. Zanesville should be very upset and rightfully so. The districts should be at a neutral site, IMO. And all the brackets should be the same: play at the higher seed's home field for the sectionals. Zanesville's first seed was basically useless.
Bracket from OHSAA:
http://brackets.ohsaa.org/bracket.aspx? ... 1&g=g&ia=1
Yes, Tri-Valley has been getting this huge advantage for years and I don't understand it. Last year though they had to go to the SE district for the finals, but not to the home field of their opponent.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

i think it years past, it didnt seem fair to have to play at tri valley, but at the same time they had the best facility to hold it. But now with zville having turf, and maysville having turf, I dont think tri valley should get to hold the game if they are in it.

old_horse
JV Team

Post by old_horse »

Lynchburg Clay vs Unioto match has been postponed until tomorrow at 5:00 due to the weather especially the high winds.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

I remember playing Lynchburg the year they had a team ranked in the top ten in the state at districts. The wind was crazy!! It was a game where whoever had the wind scored the goals. And they scored more!! Good luck to unioto.

SVC Sports Nut
Waterboy

Post by SVC Sports Nut »

Best of luck to the Lady Shermans..

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto 1
Lynchburg Clay 0

Unioto wins their school record 15th game and move onto their 2nd straight District Championship game

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Eastern Brown and Circleville tied at the half at Alumni stadium

Kicknit
Waterboy

Post by Kicknit »

Final on O-Ville game?

SVC Sports Nut
Waterboy

Post by SVC Sports Nut »

Eastern Brown wins 1-0 over Circleville.

Unioto and Eastern play on Saturday at 1:00.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Thanks for posting the scores! Good Luck Lady Sherman and Lady Warriors!
Unioto is 15-1-2 while Eastern is 16-1-0............should be a dandy!

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Chillicothe Unioto Shermans 3 Macon Eastern Brown Warriors 2

Congratulations Lady Shermans (Southeast District Champs)

gtowntiger78
Riding the Bench

Post by gtowntiger78 »

Marietta 2 Tri-Valley 0

Marietta Southeast and East District Champs! Marietta posted the 15th shutout of the year.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Congrats Lady Tigers! Good Luck the rest of the way!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto 3
#3 Warsaw River View 2
Double Overtime

Up next in the Regional Finals on Saturday, noon at Fairborn High School.

Unioto(17-1-2) vs. #1 Cincinnati Madeira(17-0-3)

gtowntiger78
Riding the Bench

Post by gtowntiger78 »

Marietta was dominated by Pickerington North last night 4-0. By far the best team Marietta has played this year.

Return to “Soccer”