Webster @ Waverly

rxburgfan
All State

Re: Webster @ Waverly

Post by rxburgfan »

a lot of pirates rooting for jeeps. my goodness doesn't everyone root for the jeeps. can't just pin this "rooting" on pirates.

onthepitch
Freshman Team

Post by onthepitch »

RxBurgFan wrote:a lot of pirates rooting for jeeps. my goodness doesn't everyone root for the jeeps. can't just pin this "rooting" on pirates.
From what i saw last night Burg will be a game back very soon once they meet up with the Jeeps.....SW is definatly the class of SEO.

Congrats to SW on a big SOC win!

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

Having watched Clay play SW twice and the Burg last night, I have to agree with onthepitch. I don't think the Burg will be able to hang with SW. They are a lot more physical and control the midfield. Seeing that the burg and Waverly tied twice I would expect about the same outcome. SW 3- Burg 0.

PHS75
SEOPS HOF

Post by PHS75 »

That was a dirty game played by the Jeeps. There were players (Who know who they are) who should have been tossed from the game multiple times. Congrats on the win, but perhaps try practicing a little class.

GO TIGERS
Last edited by PHS75 on Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the cynical optimist
Waterboy

Post by the cynical optimist »

PHS75-- I would not call the Jeeps "dirty" by any means. The player you mentioned played hard not dirty. I did see some "dirty" play from Waverly. There were several dangerous tackles from behind by Waverly as well as many elbows being thrown. If you say one Webster player should have been ejected for playing hard then 2 Waverly players should have been ejected for dirty play. They are numbers....oh wait.... I won't call out kids on a public forum but you should know who they are.

svbt1112
Varsity

Post by svbt1112 »

Definition of a hypocrite: Someone who gets on a public site and calls out a HIGH SCHOOL kid by number (name) and then tells the WHOLE TEAM to win with class.............

Definition of a sore loser: same as above.

svbt1112
Varsity

Post by svbt1112 »

Oh, and by the way: There were several waverly posters who were very classy after this game and that is appreciated. These kids do read the posts.

This was a good, physical soccer game. Both teams were well represented and played hard. This year Webster was just better. 2 years ago when we went up there Waverly was better.

Good Luck to Both teams for the rest of the season!

PHS75
SEOPS HOF

Post by PHS75 »

Alright, I appologize for mentioning a number, I went to far with that, but when a player jumps on another players back and has them in a head lock isnt real classy. He should get an award for that. He knows what he did and he did it right out in the open for all to see, I am just stating what I witnessed.

chickensoupknowledge
Waterboy

Post by chickensoupknowledge »

PHS75 wrote:Alright, I appologize for mentioning a number, I went to far with that, but when a player jumps on another players back and has them in a head lock isnt real classy. He should get an award for that. He knows what he did and he did it right out in the open for all to see, I am just stating what I witnessed.
I think I remember you PHS75, you were the same guy that counted fouls thinking they would foul out. You really had me laughing! Thanks for the entertainment but before you go to another soccer game try to educate yourself so you don't sound so ignorant! :lol:

I thought it was a fantastic game and hope the Martin boy will be back soon.

cave canem
Freshman Team

Post by cave canem »

I've had the opportunity to watch both the Jeeps and the Tigers play a couple times this year, including their game against each other Tuesday. I thought it was a well played, high intensity game. I saw some hard play, some unnecessary fouls, but I didn't see any classlessness from the Jeeps or the Tigers. If you are going to call someone classless then you should judge your own players by the same criteria. I didn't see anything from either team that would qualify them as being classless. I'd be interested in knowing what made an entire team classless based on your opinion of one player.

Anyway, great SOC game between two top class programs. Good luck to both during the tournament!

PHS75
SEOPS HOF

Post by PHS75 »

No chickensoupknowledge you do not know me nor do you remember me. I am not judging anything I am only stating what I saw. I do congratulate both teams on a tough game and the Jeeps on the win, but I do know with the style of playing that took place, players could have easily been hurt.

Seops Guest
Waterboy

Post by Seops Guest »

RxBurgFan wrote:a lot of pirates rooting for jeeps. my goodness doesn't everyone root for the jeeps. can't just pin this "rooting" on pirates.

I bet that will be the last time the Pirates will be rooting for the Jeeps after the actions of some of the Jeep players at the Pirate game on Sat. against Zane Trace. Thought they were very disrespectful to the parents in the stands about the Burg players especially the one that was injured. Maybe they should have sat on Zane Trace side so their conversations would not be heard.

hssoc
Waterboy

Post by hssoc »

I think that two things are obvious. South Webster has a great soccer team. Sportsmanship and manners, not so much. Over the last few years watching this group play and I'm sure that any local fan who has attended a SW game would have to agree that several of the comments from thier fans go beyond acceptable. There are fouls in all games of all sports. But when the student body cheers these fouls on with disturbing comments they leave a greater impression on those watching. In one particular instance this season i witnessed a SW player openly foul an opponent after failing to contain him more than once. The player from the oppossing team could have been injured by the intentional foul, but the SW student body cheered and encouraged the SW player to not only do it again but to do worse. My discomfort at these comments by students was made greater by the fact that I was personally aware of the fouled players mother being close to the SW student body(who sat in the opposing teams fans and parents). My intentions of this comment is not to criticize South Webster but hopefully you will be more aware that talent draws attention and winners do have class. Even thier fans.

lovevball8
Freshman Team

Post by lovevball8 »

First, I agree there is no place for "dirty" play, but some mistake "dirty" for "physical" and there is most definitely a difference. Also, there are two things I am certain of...one, when you are good people watch you intently. And some, NOT ALL, do so in order to bring you down. They wait for you to make a mistake so they can criticize you. Secondly, all high school students will do or say something stupid at some point. Sounds like a recipe for criticism. HMMM...unfortunately, I think a few of you fit into the small category I mentioned above. And, if you are parents, I sure hope your kid has never said anything dumb, otherwise you'd need to spend more time correcting your child instead of someone elses. South Webster was the better team. Thats's the bottom line. I think someone else already said that. Waverly will be the better team in another meeting at another time. Good Luck to both in their tourney runs!

On a side note, I think it's pretty brazen and classless for someone to get on here and say SW lacks "sportsmanship" and "manners". IMHO

vballsoccer178
JV Team

Post by vballsoccer178 »

South Webster has 3 yellow cards for the season (3 different players)

Waverly had 3 cards in this game. The foul count was Waverly 15, SW 10.

I'm not putting Waverly down in these statements either - they played a hard match and that's what happens.

The facts are not in favor of the accusations in my opinion.

Sportsmanship is something that we all strive for, but it is a struggle to always display it. We teach it out at SW. What would some of the scores be in many of the games if they were not practicing it. It's hard to play your hardest & not get fouls called from time to time.

svbt1112
Varsity

Post by svbt1112 »

Let's see...... The only thing obvious to me is that when you are at the top people will take shots at you!

Sportsmanship----wow----I wonder what the score would have been, could have been in some of those games..........

Oh and by the way---I have not noticed the students even having a "section" at any of our games thus far. There are some students who attend---but have never noticed them. The only exception was we had some students standing in Crew Stadium. I guess we should address them about their manners............. wow. hey! you ten or so High School kids....... please have better manners! Whew! I know we all feel better now!

The pirates will always root for us against Waverly and Minford---has nothing to do with anything other than helping them in the standings! Wouldn't matter if they liked us or not! I know most of the kids on the soccer teams from Wheelersburg and South Webster get along very well---some went to school with each other for a number of years!

GaryGroundhawg
Riding the Bench

Post by GaryGroundhawg »

When has there been a student body at any of websters games?? Some of the parents and a few kids here and there. But a student body like a bunch of students cheering at the game???

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

There was a group of about 8 or 10 boys at the Clay game, and they made some remarks that offended some people, but I think most people just blew it off as that fact that they were high school boys. I heard nothing from the parents of either side, but boys will be boys.

Return to “Soccer”