Alumni Soccer Tournament

Ballgame
Riding the Bench

Alumni Soccer Tournament

Post by Ballgame »

This is just a thought but I was wondering if there would be any interest from people who would want to participate in a alumni soccer tournament. We have been throwing this idea around at New Boston recently. We had our alumni soccer game over the weekend and many alum's asked about the possibility. We would like to host one at New Boston stadium sometime in October. Before I take it to the school administrators would there be any interest from other schools? Could someone put together a team from their respected school. If so please respond. There would be a team charge, something like $5 per player to participate in the tournament. I have talked to some people from other schools and I believe that Northwest said they were interested, along with Minford, and South Webster. If I am wrong about these schools I apologize. The sooner the feedback the better so we could line this event up. You can also respond with an email to Coach Jon Estep at jon.estep@newboston.k12.oh.us.

socman
Varsity

Re: Alumni Soccer Tournament

Post by socman »

Waverly should be able to field a team

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

Who is responsible for bringing the defibulator?

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

rockyraccoon wrote:Who is responsible for bringing the defibulator?
And oxygen.... :aaaaa28

weeze1
Waterboy

Post by weeze1 »

Would have to sign a waiver due to injuries

Ballgame
Riding the Bench

Post by Ballgame »

After talking to my school administrators we have been given the okay to proceed with this event. I have heard from some schools. We are going to run a six team single elimination tournament. The team registration fee will be $100. We are going to have this event on the morning/afternoon of Saturday October 30th. First game starting at 10am. Each game will be two thirty minute halves, with a then minute halftime. If a game is tied after regulation, then PK will decide the winner. Each player must sign a waiver to play in the game. If we do not have 6 teams by Friday October 15th registered then we will not be able to run the tournament. We will take the first 6 schools. There will be a registration form for the event on the New Boston Local Schools website this Friday. Any questions you can still email Coach Jon Estep at jon.estep@newboston.k12.oh.us
School website is http://www.newboston.k12.oh.us
I have heard initial response of interest from New Boston,Northwest, Waverly, and South Point

vballsoccer178
JV Team

Post by vballsoccer178 »

Saturday October 30th is the District final games at Jackson for DIII

That may have some affect on the turnout, but that may not make a difference?

Ballgame
Riding the Bench

Post by Ballgame »

I realize that October 30th is the district finals. When putting this tournament together that was the only date we could come up with. With the final part of soccer being played and then basketball starting that following week. I know this may affect our turnout and I do not want to take away from other schools but this is the only date we could do. If we cannot get enough teams then we will try again next year. But, the Tournament is still on and I have the registration sheets available. For some reason we are having trouble posting it on the website so let me know an email address and I can send a copy to anyone who needs one.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Oct 30 is also the county tournament for youth soccer at Valley.

Senators_soccer
Waterboy

Post by Senators_soccer »

I'd love to play in it...But could never get a team from west together

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

maybe LIFE ambulance could do some cooking. That way they would already be on hand for all the potential cardiac and muscle issues. My hamstrings are tightening up just thinking about it. But good luck and gods speed to the participants.

Ballgame
Riding the Bench

Post by Ballgame »

Update on the tournament:
I have received a list of players from Northwest and New Boston. Have received a verbal from Minford. Waiting to here from South Point and South Webster. We hope to have 6 teams but if we only have four then each team will play two games. The winners of the first two games will play a championship game while the two losers will play a second game. If you may still have a team of interest please let me know ASAP. The games will still be on Oct. 30th starting in the morning.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

how did the alumni tourney go? did not hear. hope it went off without too many torn hammies.

Return to “Soccer”